Windows 10: Windows 10 Update this past weekend 8/10/2019 erased ALL my data files

Discus and support Windows 10 Update this past weekend 8/10/2019 erased ALL my data files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Program files seem OK but all other data...POOF! Fortunately, I have a third party back-up (definitely not MS) and am working through that not so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Drew in GA, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update this past weekend 8/10/2019 erased ALL my data files

Program files seem OK but all other data...POOF!

Fortunately, I have a third party back-up (definitely not MS) and am working through that not so seamlessly process as MS seems to have screwed up the paths on my PC so it's not matching properly. Don't get me started on the debacle in attempting to recover any internet favorites, etc.

Did the update wipe anybody else out? Is MS aware this is happening?

:)

Drew in GA, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Windows 10 Update this past weekend 8/10/2019 erased ALL my data files

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

Cumulative update for W10: September 8, 2015

This is the biggest update W10 ever had. Lol look at the file list.
    This is pretty good for those who installed Windows 10 today. Just one update that has everything, no need to install previous updates.

Drone, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update this past weekend 8/10/2019 erased ALL my data files

1. Windows 10 Update this past weekend 8/10/2019 erased ALL my data files - Similar Threads - Update past weekend

2. Update on question posted this past weekend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update on question posted this past weekend: Last Thursday, I attempted to change my password and all hell broke loose. I contacted Microsoft Chat, they sent me a few links, bottom line, I had to enter my BitLocker key, which I did. Several times, and thought. Now I'm getting code a Windows stop code- Oxc000021a. I did...
  3. Update on question posted this past weekend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update on question posted this past weekend: Last Thursday, I attempted to change my password and all hell broke loose. I contacted Microsoft Chat, they sent me a few links, bottom line, I had to enter my BitLocker key, which I did. Several times, and thought. Now I'm getting code a Windows stop code- Oxc000021a. I did...
  4. Update on question posted this past weekend

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?: I have an Optane HDD. Upon booting my laptop I get the notification to please install an operating system. It was running fine on window 10 now nothing. I made a bootable windows 10 USB drive using the Media Creation Tool and when booting from the USB drive it wants to...
  6. Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?: I have an Optane HDD. Upon booting my laptop I get the notification to please install an operating system. It was running fine on window 10 now nothing. I made a bootable windows 10 USB drive using the Media Creation Tool and when booting from the USB drive it wants to...
  7. Will reinstalling windows 10 erase my data?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Erasing all the data.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Erasing all the data.: What rubbish is this ? How can Microsoft do this without prior info or notice ? Do you even know how much crucial data can be on someone's laptop ? I'm having windows 10 and last night it got updated after that when I opened it in the morning all the data was erased. I mean...
  9. Will updating my Windows 10 to the November 2019 update erase my data?

Will updating my Windows 10 to the November 2019 update erase my data?: i really want the new windows terminal but it says i need version 1836 and i don't have that so i went to the Microsoft website to download the Windows 10 November 2019 update but I thought to myself, would this erase my data? so i needed to know so i posted this here....
  10. reset and erase all my data

reset and erase all my data: HI I cant reset my computer and erase all my data. when i try to do it in settings it dosent work and when i go to troubleshoot it dosent work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-and-erase-all-my-data/c54faacc-b0cc-497e-8c71-9b70f8a04840

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a new version of wi 10 with all my data gone 2019

2. recover lost folders windows 10 update

3. new windows update deleted files