Windows 10: Windows 10 update titles are not consistent from the update history page to the linked web...

Discus and support Windows 10 update titles are not consistent from the update history page to the linked web... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep a log of changes to my PC for maintenance purposes. I note that I can't copy text from the Win10 update history page for pasting into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stephen_Ford, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update titles are not consistent from the update history page to the linked web...

I keep a log of changes to my PC for maintenance purposes. I note that I can't copy text from the Win10 update history page for pasting into the logfile.

And also... when I follow the link on the update history page, the resulting Windows Support page, where the title can be selected & copied, it has a very different title as shown next.

On update page

"2020-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x54-based Systems K134532693"

On linked web page

"February 11, 2020—KB4532693 OS Builds 18362.657 and 18363.657"

So life, just for the want of a little thought, is somewhat more difficult than it needs be...

For anyone wanting a solution, I do this...

1. Use Snipping Tool to copy the text on the update page
    2. Print the page to a PDF
    3. import into a free OCR reader eg https://www.onlineocr.net/ and convert to text
    4. Paste as required

A better solution: Microsoft to set the update pages to selectable for copying just to help those users who wish to use the date elsewhere.

:)

Stephen_Ford, Feb 13, 2020
  2. trog100 Win User
    trog100, Feb 13, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 update titles are not consistent from the update history page to the linked web...

Getting to know the Windows update history pages

Source: Getting to know the Windows update history pages - Microsoft Tech Community - 355079

Brink, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update titles are not consistent from the update history page to the linked web...

1. Windows 10 update titles are not consistent from the update history page to the linked web... - Similar Threads - update titles are

2. Resolve Windows7 update and web page problems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolve Windows7 update and web page problems.: I have just upgraded my Windows Vista laptop to Windows7 using the discs that came with it. After the upgrade completed, I found there were some web pages that would not load and leaving a message saying "Could not connect to web page, diagnose connection problem" The...
  3. Clicking the links for installed windows updates doesn't open web page

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clicking the links for installed windows updates doesn't open web page: Clicking the hyperlinks for installed windows updates does not show the relevant web page associated with them. A website should appear in my web browser when I click the name of an installed windows update giving more information about it. Why doesn't it? How can I fix it?...
  4. Limited view of titles on web pages

in Browsers and Email
    Limited view of titles on web pages: Win 10. Have had a blocked view of things like some news headlines on main page of like Yahoo Frontier news, etc. Tried clearing cache, reloading, changing font size. Nothing. Any ideas? On pic you can see the titles under main picture are half blocked. Happens on other pages...
  5. Broken Links in Windows 10 Update History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken Links in Windows 10 Update History: I suspect this is 'known but unfixed' but I'll try to get a reply. I like to konw what's happening to my PC, so after Windows Update says I need 4 driver updates, I install the updates and then go back to "View Update History", if I click on *ANY* of the links I get...
  6. Getting to know the Windows update history pages

in Windows 10 News
    Getting to know the Windows update history pages: At Microsoft, our vision for transparency is what drives us to create extensive documentation for every audience. We believe our documentation should reflect the needs of our customers and range from “get started” guides for our various products and solutions to guidance...
  7. Browser and web page issues after windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Browser and web page issues after windows 10 updates: Seems like everytime I have a windows 10 update then there are issues. In this case web browser is slow and web pages are slow to open and some pages I now only see a text version. Are there setting sto fix this?...
  8. Update history under View Update history - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update history under View Update history - Windows 10: My update history shows blank in my PC with Windows 10 for sometime. Please let me know how to correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-under-view-update-history-windows/be4df636-eef3-4357-83c9-87c30ae1ecf9
  9. Email links on Web pages

in Browsers and Email
    Email links on Web pages: Hi Group When trying to use email links on web pages, The links dont open. I can see the email address in the status bar and it is correct. I dont get the choice of which program on my system to open a new message with. There must be a place on my system where I can set that...
  10. Microsoft launches new Windows 10 update history page

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft launches new Windows 10 update history page: The new site will include changelogs for each new update, along with details on when the update was released and what the update was called via Windows Update. Microsoft says each update will now get full changelogs via this website, which is something many have been asking...