Windows 10: Windows 10 update to 1809 broke VPN settings

Discus and support Windows 10 update to 1809 broke VPN settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the update to Windows 10 1809: The only existing VPN connection disappeared from Settings > Network & Internet > VPN I have created a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blutarsky965, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update to 1809 broke VPN settings

Since the update to Windows 10 1809:

1. The only existing VPN connection disappeared from Settings > Network & Internet > VPN
    2. I have created a new connection. When clicking onto the Save button, control is not returned to Settings > Network & Internet > VPN. The the dialog will not close. Required to click on the x "square", top right
    3. Now a connection appears in the list, however when editing, preshared key, username and password fields are empty (looks like it won't save)
    4. Obviously the connection won't work

:)

Blutarsky965, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jan 11, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Windows 10 update to 1809 broke VPN settings :D

P4-630, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update to 1809 broke VPN settings

How to set up a VPN in Windows 7 HELP!!

Following are the steps for configuring Incoming VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Change adapter settings.
    Press Alt+F and select New Incoming connection
    Put a check on who you’d like to give access to this computer or you can configure a new account by clicking on Add someone,after that click on Next.
    Put a check mark on Through the Internet. Click on Next.
    Select the protocols you want to enable for this connection. Click on Allow access.
    Make a note of the Computer name as this will be used by the client to connect to this computer and after that Click on Close.

Following are the steps for configuring Outgoing VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Set up a new connection or network.
    Select Connect to a workplace then click on Next.
    Select Use my internet connection (VPN).
    Type the IP address or computer name where you wish to connect and your connection name under the Destination name field.
    Enter a User name and password that has been granted access to the host computer.
    For getting connected through created VPN connection, you can either right-click on the Network icon in the system tray and select Network and Sharing Center or go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center, and click on Connect to a network.
    Now connect VPN Connection windows will appears.

brandonwh64, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update to 1809 broke VPN settings

1. Windows 10 update to 1809 broke VPN settings - Similar Threads - update 1809 broke

2. Windows 10 update on 22h2 broke VPN functionality

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update on 22h2 broke VPN functionality: Hello, my Windows 10 Pro laptop with version 22h2 had an automatic update this week that broke the built-in vpn functionality. Now when attempting to connect, I get the error: "the l2tp connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during...
  3. Windows 10 update on 22h2 broke VPN functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update on 22h2 broke VPN functionality: Hello, my Windows 10 Pro laptop with version 22h2 had an automatic update this week that broke the built-in vpn functionality. Now when attempting to connect, I get the error: "the l2tp connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during...
  4. Windows 10 update on 22h2 broke VPN functionality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 update settings and 1809 update size

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update settings and 1809 update size: My Windows 10 'Choose when updates are installed' settings are: Semi-Annual Channel Feature Update Deferred: 365 days My version is Windows 10 Pro 1803 OS Build No. 17134.648 Do I really need to upgrade to 1809 or will it automatically come through with my settings? I...
  6. windows 10 update broke settings app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 update broke settings app: settings app now crashes. Have tried various suggested fixes, i.e. new user, sfc/scannow, re-registered and reinstalled all Windows apps via Powershell. Still broken. Thoughts?...
  7. VPN Breaks after windows 1809 version update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VPN Breaks after windows 1809 version update: Hi. Due to windows version update 1809, we have users who cannot use VPN service in split tunnel configuration. The VPN seems to break when the windows are updated to version 1809. The Workaround mentioned in this link (https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K18448121) is not...
  8. Windows 10 1809 update broke my tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 update broke my tablet: Hardware: Acer Iconia Tab 8W (W1-810) Z3735G 1GB 32GB 8" Windows 10 Home. So, last weekend I went to turn the tablet off and selected "update and shutdown" from the power menu. In the morning, went to turn it on again, came up with the screen saying it was applying the...
  9. Windows 10 VPN settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 VPN settings: Hello, I have been having an issue with VPN connections on some windows 10 Machines, this does not happen on windows 7 and while not all Windows 10 Machines are affected it seems this is the only common factor. The issue is as follows: VPN is setup initially either from...
  10. Windows 10 Update 1809 (October Update) Settings not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Update 1809 (October Update) Settings not opening: Hi community! Yesterday, I'm updated my Windows to 1809 version. After update, everything works fine, except setting. I mean, it's turning on, but closes. When I right click on desktop and click to change screen resolution, i got this error: ms-settings:display. Any solution?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open vpn black screen when connected windows 10 version 1909

2. windows 10 vpn broken

3. vpn broken after windows 10 upgrade

4. Windows VPN broke,
  5. windows 10 broke vpn,
  6. windows may updates broke vpn,
  7. windows 10 1809 vpn broken,
  8. upgrade windows 7 to 10 broken vpn,
  9. cisco anyconnect microsoft edge,
  10. win 10 1809 vpn,
  11. 1809 blue screen vpn f5,
  12. october windows 10 update broke vpn,
  13. windows 10 1809 vpn sonicwall bsod,
  14. fault with windows version 1809 vpn,
  15. windows 10 1809 update broke wsus client connection no internet connection