Windows 10: Windows 10 update to 1809 has caused computer to NOT sleep.

Discus and support Windows 10 update to 1809 has caused computer to NOT sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Puzzled as to why my PC no longer sleeps. If I try to put it to sleep via the task bar sleep power button or the power configuration default timer...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EdStungevičius, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update to 1809 has caused computer to NOT sleep.

Puzzled as to why my PC no longer sleeps. If I try to put it to sleep via the task bar sleep power button or the power configuration default timer... it starts the sleep... pauses a few seconds and then wakes up. This started somewhere between the1809 update going in and the the New Year. since 1809 their were the .net updates and then the last security update KB4483235 on Dec 20. I suspect it was around this time this started. When I ask if updates are pending it says the machine is fully uptodate. The only other thing that was installed around this time was Spotify from the Microsoft store which I have since removed but the problem persists.

When I run powercfg -requests I get this :

EXECUTION:
    [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (InstallService)
    Windows Update is installing apps or updates.

Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated. I can system restore to dec 20 when the last security update went in but I have no idea if this is the cause. It says installed successfully though.

Thanks for any input.

:)

EdStungevičius, Jan 7, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 7, 2019
  3. No "Sleep" mode showing in Windows 10 update 1809

After updating to Windows 10 1809, the "Sleep" option has disappeared along with the "screen brightness" option. It is not seen in the Power Options under Sleep, only "Hibernate" and "Allow Wake Timers" is showing in there.

I've downloaded 1809 on another computer and that one is showing the "Sleep Option". Also on this laptop I'm having the trouble with, "Sleep" is not showing under Shutdown Settings.

There was one update KB4467708 that did not install successfully, so I uninstalled it and hid it but upon reboot, the "Sleep Option" is still not there.

Any idea as to what I can or should do in order to rectify this problem?

Rubert Mumps, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update to 1809 has caused computer to NOT sleep.

No "Sleep" mode showing in Windows 10 update 1809

I have an ASUS which has had Sleep since I've had the laptop. Only after the 1809 update did the Sleep disappear. I'm not finding it anywhere. This update has caused it to be wiped from this system but not my other laptop.

Rubert Mumps, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update to 1809 has caused computer to NOT sleep.

1. Windows 10 update to 1809 has caused computer to NOT sleep. - Similar Threads - update 1809 has

2. Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused: Since the September 2019 Windows 10 update, my computer never starts up first time: I always have to wait for it not to start, turn it completely off and then restart. Apparently, it tries harder the second time and does boot. I have not found this issue reported anywhere...
  3. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck_Windows 10 Build 1809

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck_Windows 10 Build 1809: Below is the error i have got it, if anyone has any idea kindly check & update. Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000109 (0xa39ff5e24118d563, 0xb3b702689397130e, 0xfffff807563e1640, 0x0000000000000001). A dump was saved in:...
  4. KB4505903 update causing my computer to NOT sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    KB4505903 update causing my computer to NOT sleep: Immediately upon rebooting from the installation of this update my computer will not sleep more than 10-20 seconds and immediately goes back to full power. Removing the update makes it sleep PERFECTLY. Does anyone know how to fix this? Are there undocumented setting...
  5. Problems with Outlook Caused by Windows 1809 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Outlook Caused by Windows 1809 Update: Twice I've tried to install Windows 10 update 1809. Both times it corrupted Microsoft Outlook 2013. When I'd try to open Outlook, I'd immediately get a blue screen saying the entire computer (not just Outlook) had to be restarted. I tried to fix Outlook, tried rolling back...
  6. Window 10 Update 1809 issue - Computer dead

Window 10 Update 1809 issue - Computer dead: My computer just did a Microsoft Win 10 update for 1809 and now my computer is dead. Will not turn on at all. I have a Dell Alienware 51 R2. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-update-1809-issue-computer-dead/6a311bdd-d8d9-436c-95b8-bc85cd07832b
  7. Has Anyone Updated to Windows 10 Version 1809?

Has Anyone Updated to Windows 10 Version 1809?: I read online Microsoft rereleased Windows 10 Version 1809 on November 13, but, if so, that version hasn't been made available to my computer using the normal update method. I also read online that Microsoft wasn't making Version 1809 available to any computer that may have...
  8. No "Sleep" mode showing in Windows 10 update 1809

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No "Sleep" mode showing in Windows 10 update 1809: After updating to Windows 10 1809, the "Sleep" option has disappeared along with the "screen brightness" option. It is not seen in the Power Options under Sleep, only "Hibernate" and "Allow Wake Timers" is showing in there. I've downloaded 1809 on another computer and that...
  9. Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!: An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at Microsoft ever entertained the idea that some of us could not care any less about having new 'features'?). That was until the...
  10. Windows 10 Sleep causing restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Sleep causing restart: This was working up until this week. Now when I put my desktop into Sleep, it restarts and in the Event Viewer I see this "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 group policy for no sleep

2. win 10 ver 1809 update for .NET Framework sleep mode problem

3. 1809 not sleep

4. windows 10 not sleeping 1809,
  5. [service] \device\harddiskvolume4\windows\system32\svchost.exe (installservice)windows update is installing apps or updates.