Windows 10: Windows 10 Update to 1809 - how do I sort out the mess it has created

Discus and support Windows 10 Update to 1809 - how do I sort out the mess it has created in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updated Window 10 yesterday 18/01/19. Went to sign in and received following message, "user profile service failed sign in. User profile cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FrankRuffoni, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update to 1809 - how do I sort out the mess it has created

Updated Window 10 yesterday 18/01/19. Went to sign in and received following message, "user profile service failed sign in. User profile cannot be loaded." Shut down my laptop and restarted. After sometime got through to the sign in page. Was able to sign in but I noticed my picture was missing. After it had finished booting up the following happened:

Some software had not migrated, eg Lightroom, Word & Excel

None of my personal files, Docs, photos, video, favourites, etc, etc,

Outlook 2010 had lost its settings and desktop icon.

In Windows 10 settings I was unable to enter "Email and Accounts"

Windows Mail and Calendar would not run.

All my apps had the subscript "new" attached to them.

How do I get out of this mess?

Your advice is eagerly sought.

Frank

:)

FrankRuffoni, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 19, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Update to 1809 - how do I sort out the mess it has created

Windows 10 update being enabled.

srlsly? Looks like MS nerfed it then. Hope you get it sorted.

I have to confess that I've not paid much attention to it and didn't bother updating it, although I probably should have.

qubit, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update to 1809 - how do I sort out the mess it has created

1. Windows 10 Update to 1809 - how do I sort out the mess it has created - Similar Threads - Update 1809 sort

2. Multiple Microsoft Accounts, setup in Windows 11, and sorting out the OneDrive mess

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Microsoft Accounts, setup in Windows 11, and sorting out the OneDrive mess: I have just bought a new computer with Windows 11 Home, and I initially set it up with a Microsoft Account linked to my personal email address. However, when it started doing its default OneDrive thing, I stopped it, because I don't have enough room on OneDrive on my personal...
  3. Multiple Microsoft Accounts, setup in Windows 11, and sorting out the OneDrive mess

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Microsoft Accounts, setup in Windows 11, and sorting out the OneDrive mess: I have just bought a new computer with Windows 11 Home, and I initially set it up with a Microsoft Account linked to my personal email address. However, when it started doing its default OneDrive thing, I stopped it, because I don't have enough room on OneDrive on my personal...
  4. How do I stop updating 1909 in Windows 10 1809?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop updating 1909 in Windows 10 1809?: [ATTACH] Hello, I'm using Windows 10 1809, but Windows Updates wants to force "Feature Update 1909". I do not want to leave the 1809 version as I find it more stable. How can I prevent 1809 from stopping its updates? Edit: My HDD is 5400 RPM Notebook HDD. My system is in...
  5. How can I sort folders by the time created?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I sort folders by the time created?: I want all subfolders in a certain folder to show in the order they were created, with newest at the top. I used to be able to do this earlier, but it seems some update has messed it up. When fiddling around with "Group by" and "Sort by" options, the best I can get are...
  6. Windows 10 update has messed my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update has messed my PC: Running a desktop PC with a Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-HD2 Motherboard - has been running smooth until windows installed an update yesterday. I uninstalled the updates but to no avail. its still not working. My PC is now seriously slow, my keyboards... both USB and PS2 still...
  7. Win 10 update from 1803 to 1809 is a mess.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 update from 1803 to 1809 is a mess.: Earlier today Windows 10 updated itself from v1803 to v1809 and ever since that time, I am struggling to correct the mistakes but without any luck, and it's not worth anyone's time to deal with the issues because all that's happened is that it hard-coded the errors which...
  8. 1809 update created a partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1809 update created a partition?: After I used the upgrade tool to 1809 I noticed a filed called $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER and I checked my partitions and I have a new one that just says 822MB NTFS OEM partition Is there a way to remove it or do I need to keep it now? 121635
  9. 1809 update created a partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 update created a partition?: After I used the upgrade tool to 1809 I noticed a filed called $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER and I checked my partitions and I have a new one that just says 822MB NTFS OEM partition Is there a way to remove it or do I need to keep it now? 121635
  10. Seems Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seems Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard: Hi All, I'm running Win 10 on an HP Pavilion. I installed update 1809 just now and now my keyboard is messed up. Some keys are now not working. What is the best way to fix this? Try to update the keyboard driver? Some other solution? Anyone else have this issue? Thanks, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update messed up my files

2. windows 1809 update messed up windows 10 profile

3. windows 10 update 1809 messed up my files

4. not getting windows update 1809,
  5. windows 10 edge lost favorites,
  6. what happened to favorites folder windows 1803,
  7. can I retrigger my 1809 failed update after fixing disk issues