Windows 10: Windows 10 update to 1903 classic shell issue

Discus and support Windows 10 update to 1903 classic shell issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After 4 tries, finally got Windows updated to version 1903. Restarted computer and first thing I got was this: [ATTACH] clicked on OK and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pookie99, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Pookie99 Win User

Windows 10 update to 1903 classic shell issue

After 4 tries, finally got Windows updated to version 1903. Restarted computer and first thing I got was this:

Windows 10 update to 1903 classic shell issue a9d17607-8617-42b2-9cf2-f662ea56984a?upload=true.jpg

clicked on OK and the screen changed to the window for installing apps - the one where it asks if you want this app to make changes on your computer. Instead of getting that window, I get one thats telling me:

"USER ACCOUNT CONTROL. THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION. AN ADMINISTRATOR HAS BLOCKED YOU FROM RUNNING THIS APP. FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE ADMINISTRATOR. CLASSICSTARTMENUE.EXE. C.PROGRAMFILESCLASSICSHELL/CLASSICSHELL.EXEUPDATE."

I found the file in my C drive, left clicked and clicked on properties. Clicked on security tab and checked admin. by the looks of it, when i click on Administrator, WHICH IS ME BECAUSE THIS IS A HOME COMPUTER AND THERE ARE ONLY TWO OF US USING IT, it appears that I am allowed to do everything on this computer. I also found the classic shell .exe file, left clicked and chose "run as administrator" and all i got was the "USER ACCOUNT CONTROL" box. Any suggestions on how I can get the classic shell to upgrade? Did find a web page for a "fix" but it's not a windows help page. Thank you.

:)

Pookie99, Jul 25, 2019
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Classic Shell

One of my user accounts also uses Classic Shell, and it's never been uninstalled by a Windows 10 update. Install it again from the Classic Shell website.

BulldogXX, Jul 25, 2019
  3. uninstalling Classic Shell

I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was first available at the end of June 2016. After a couple of months I decided to install Classic Shell. I have been trying recently to uninstall Classic Shell multiple times since but I still get the screen like Windows
    7. I have tried to install Classic Shell and then uninstall it with no luck. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get my PC back to Windows 10? Thanks for your help.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Mikeb55024, Jul 25, 2019
  4. MiltonHey Win User

Classic Shell

I have just started up my 32 bit computer for the first time since an update to Win 10 Pro.

I tried to open a document using the Classic Shell start menu only to be informed that Windows update has uninstalled Classic Shell.

This is unauthorised interference with my property and not acceptable, The Win10 start menu is inefficient and not as versatile as the old style menus.

I demand my Classic Shell be reinstated.

MiltonHey, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update to 1903 classic shell issue - Similar Threads - update 1903 classic

2. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: what is the purpose of classic shell ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/classic-shell/65de2760-eb0a-4c92-9b25-76aadb23625d
  5. Classic shell and windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Classic shell and windows 10 updates: Hey reddit! I’ve been planning on installing Classic Shell for the start menu on Windows 10, but I wondered, if i update Windows, will the update negatively affect Classic Shell in any way? Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/iMayHaveABrain [link] [comments]...
  6. Classic Shell to Classic Start

Classic Shell to Classic Start: I've used Classic Shell since I upgraded to Windows 10. It has been a lifesaver. The developer stopped supporting the program a couple of years age, but someone picked up on it and developed a fork called "Classic Start". Classic Shell is still working fine for me, but is...
  7. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: 1.classic shell needs to configure itself 2. an administrator has blocked you from running this ap. I have an HP notebook and keep getting the above messages every time I use my laptop and I would like to continue to use classic shell, and have tried unsuccessfully to sort...
  8. Windows 10 Classic Shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Classic Shell: Having recently upgraded from 7 Pro to 10 - I really missed the 7 Start menu! Downloaded the Classic Shell add-on program only 9.8mb. Suits me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-classic-shell/5fa14830-8000-4ab8-b4c8-6fbc5407f262
  9. Issues after using Classic shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues after using Classic shell: I am new to windows 10 and wanted to bring back the old windows 7 start menu. I tried "classic shell" and all was great.... but then I noticed a few graphic issues. If you look at the attachments you will see that selected items have some grayed out area around the text. The...
  10. classic shell

classic shell: Well it doesn't work on W10 9975

Users found this page by searching for:

1. classic start menu blocked

2. classic shell update blocked

3. classic shell blocked by administrator

4. classic shell 1903,
  5. trouble updating classic shell blocked by administrator,
  6. classic shell error windows 10,
  7. classic shell blocked windows 10,
  8. classic shell issues,