Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 UPDATE TO 1903 FAILURE TO INSTALL

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 UPDATE TO 1903 FAILURE TO INSTALL in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have spent days and hours downloading the window10 1903 update (about 8 times now). All I experience is failure. I am using the windows 10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by graham sweeper, Sep 14, 2019.

1. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE TO 1903 FAILURE TO INSTALL

I have spent days and hours downloading the window10 1903 update (about 8 times now). All I experience is failure.

I am using the windows 10 update tool.

I have disconnected my antivirus and firewall.

I have used DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and then sfc /scannow. There are no corrupt files doing these checks.

The update tool downloads the new version, then installs it, then tells me my computer will do a restart, which is does.

When it restarts I get a message showing 0% and saying my computer will reboot a number of times.

After the first reboot it states Undoing changes made to your computer.

Then it deletes all installed update files and boots up.

I then log on and I check the system info after reboot, I find I still have Windows Version 1803.

So what is going on?

:)

graham sweeper, Sep 14, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 25, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 25, 2019
  4. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE TO 1903 FAILURE TO INSTALL

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE TO 1903 FAILURE TO INSTALL

1. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE TO 1903 FAILURE TO INSTALL - Similar Threads - UPDATE 1903 FAILURE

2. Windows update 1903 failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 1903 failure: I have a windows 10 home edition in a laptop which is at software level of 1703. When I do windows update, Feature update to windows 10, version 1903 fails during restart with blue screen and the system is automatically reverted back to previous version prior to the...
  3. Windows 10 1903 update install failure

Windows 10 1903 update install failure: I have had recurrent problems trying to update to 1903. Latest attempt was with the Media Creation Tool. "0x80070005 - 0x2000A Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation" here are the files from the installation log:...
  4. Failure to Update to 1903

Failure to Update to 1903: Updating to Windows 1903, failure details: 0x1900101 UX failure: Whilst powering up the PC, the PC freezes at the logo (razer). Have to restart multiple times, Automatic repair rolls back the update. Indicative of Driver Failure. Reset to factory, and update. Same failure....
  5. Windows 1903 Update Failure !!

Windows 1903 Update Failure !!: Hello, I am writing this post because for the past one month i am having problem in updating to windows 1903. I am using a HP laptop with a dead battery which doesn't work. Let me tell u where is my problem is happening, everytime it happens in the same place..I am having...
  6. Windows 10 version 1903 update failure

Windows 10 version 1903 update failure: Update to Windows 10 version 1903 fails getting error code 0xc1900101 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1903-update-failure/444dd987-9180-4b0e-b5ad-46b56f649abc
  7. Failure Windows 10 1903 Update

Failure Windows 10 1903 Update: Hello Update 1803>1903 failed. I tried different things (fix tool, cleaning software distribution folder, manual installation) with the result that I could not install and my PC seized, I had to restore to a 06/06/19 restoration point that corresponds to a 1803 version. I...
  8. Failure of Windows 10 Version 1903 to Install

Failure of Windows 10 Version 1903 to Install: Good Afternoon (GMT timing). My desktop currently is using Windows 10 version 1803. It has tried to install version 1809 and 1903 but each installation has failed. I now have an advice slip from Microsoft informing that the version I am on (1803) will not be supported...
  9. Windows 10 Update failure - V 1903

Windows 10 Update failure - V 1903: I am having trouble with a Win 10 update to Version 1903. Its failed 3 times in 2 weeks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-failure-v-1903/b324450f-a5b6-44e6-bb5d-3adfce66e5af
  10. Failure to update to 1903

Failure to update to 1903: After many attempts to update my laptop by all the suggested methods I am now a) unable to reset or clean install b) unable to use scannow c) unable to download other updates d) unable to affect a repair My device is apparently compatible but after various...