Windows 10: Windows 10 update to brand new PC disabled the computer's internet connectivity

Discus and support Windows 10 update to brand new PC disabled the computer's internet connectivity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I bought and installed a brand new PC and on day 3 using it, Windows Update installed some driver updates (screenshot attached) which switched off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LucySeton-Watson, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update to brand new PC disabled the computer's internet connectivity

Hi. I bought and installed a brand new PC and on day 3 using it, Windows Update installed some driver updates (screenshot attached) which switched off the computer's Wifi, Bluetooth and Ethernet adaptors (Network Properties screenshot also attached). No wifi connection was possible. This was nothing to do with our wifi network, which was functioning fine: the computer's network adaptors had been switched off.

Googling on my phone suggested I should go into the BIOS and reset network adaptors. I did this, and internet activity was restored - until it was arbitrarily switched off again a few hours later. This also happened this morning.

So (1) is there a better way to fix this? Will checking Settings/Status/Network Reset do it as well?

And (2) when will Windows provide a fix for this? It is a MAJOR problem.

Please help. This is unbelievable.

Lucy SW

Windows 10 update to brand new PC disabled the computer's internet connectivity cfdc459a-dd6e-4b9e-a3b5-83ff3193efb2?upload=true.png Windows 10 update to brand new PC disabled the computer's internet connectivity 0eeb0652-c6cb-4226-a335-b6cce354b160?upload=true.png

:)

LucySeton-Watson, Mar 19, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Windows 10 update to brand new PC disabled the computer's internet connectivity [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Windows 10 update to brand new PC disabled the computer's internet connectivity [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 19, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 update to brand new PC disabled the computer's internet connectivity

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update to brand new PC disabled the computer's internet connectivity

1. Windows 10 update to brand new PC disabled the computer's internet connectivity - Similar Threads - update brand disabled

2. Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection?: I updated my Toshiba Satellite a205-s4707 from windows 7 home premium to windows 10 pro, but it won't connect to any internet, even if that internet is on, like wifi hotspot from a phone being on. It will say no connections available when i have the mouse curser over the...
  3. Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection?: I updated my Toshiba Satellite a205-s4707 from windows 7 home premium to windows 10 pro, but it won't connect to any internet, even if that internet is on, like wifi hotspot from a phone being on. It will say no connections available when i have the mouse curser over the...
  4. Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Brand New PC, Insane Slow Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New PC, Insane Slow Internet: I just got a brand new PC today. Pre-built, since I'm not particularly good with hardware and I'm too nervous about breaking something by putting it together wrong. It's a CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC, GXiVR8060A11, uses Windows 11, and has a realtek 8821ce wireless...
  6. Brand New PC, Insane Slow Internet

Brand New PC, Insane Slow Internet: I just got a brand new PC today. Pre-built, since I'm not particularly good with hardware and I'm too nervous about breaking something by putting it together wrong. It's a CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC, GXiVR8060A11, uses Windows 11, and has a realtek 8821ce wireless...
  7. Windows 10 Mail would not update on brand new computer.

Windows 10 Mail would not update on brand new computer.: I clicked the link to go to the Microsoft store, clicked the blue Update button and nothing happened. I tried all 3 solutions listed at...
  8. Windows 10 Mail won't update on brand new computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Mail won't update on brand new computer: I've had my new computer Dell Inspiron 3880 about 5 days. I just took a look at Mail to see what it was and it said my version was out of date. It's Mail Version 16005.11029.20180.0 I clicked the Go to Store button, which took me to Mail and Calendar. I clicked Update....
  9. Disabling Windows Updates!!!!!!!!!!!! Update 1903 Choking Brand New Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling Windows Updates!!!!!!!!!!!! Update 1903 Choking Brand New Computer: Ok, first off! It should be illegal for Microsoft to NOT ALLOW users to disable updates. I have 2 laptops on Windows 8 that have had updates disabled and the computers have worked FLAWLESSLY FOR 6 YEARS. On Windows 10 the user DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO DISABLE WINDOWS...
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powerspec g433 bluetooth