Windows 10: Windows 10 - Update to build 16299.492 breaks PN-DCP (PROFINET DCP)

Discus and support Windows 10 - Update to build 16299.492 breaks PN-DCP (PROFINET DCP) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On Siemens TIA Portal, PN-DCP (PROFINECT Discovery and Configuration Protocol) is used to find the devices on the local network by sending broadcast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by timohei, Sep 26, 2018.

1. timohei Win User

Windows 10 - Update to build 16299.492 breaks PN-DCP (PROFINET DCP)

On Siemens TIA Portal, PN-DCP (PROFINECT Discovery and Configuration Protocol) is used to find the devices on the local network by sending broadcast packets and the devices responding with their IP addresses.

But after update from build 16299.431 to build 16299.492 we are no longer able to find the PLC's on the local network.

When looking at the traffic on the network adapter on the PC with the update applied, no PN-DCP packets can be seen.

But when running TIA Portal as administrator, everything's fine; PN-DCP packets are sent and the devices reply as they should.

Before update a normal user was able to discover the devices.

So my questions are:

1. What has happened to the normal user rights concerning PN-DCP?
    2. How can we get the normal user back on the saddle?

This is most annoying change as we here at the University are running a course and suddenly the students can't connect to the PLC's any more.

:)

timohei, Sep 26, 2018

2. EK Introduces the DCP 4.0 X-RES Combo Pump/Reservoir Unit

EK Water Blocks, Ljubljana based premium water cooling gear manufacturer, is proud to introduce EK-DCP 4.0 X-RES pump/reservoir combo unit, the successor to the renown EK-Reservoir Combo DCP 4.0 and a larger variant of EK-DCP 2.2 X-RES.

EK-DCP 4.0 X-RES is a compact, easy to use water pump/reservoir combo unit. Base and top of reservoir is made of quality POM Acetal while the clear tube is made of quality casted acrylic material. The reservoir has build-in port installed with EK-DCP 4.0 water pump. This reservoir is fully air- and waterproof once closed with the enclosed plugs therefore no water can evaporate.

Windows 10 - Update to build 16299.492 breaks PN-DCP (PROFINET DCP) DCP-4_0-X-RES-incl_-pump_3_1200_thm.jpg

Windows 10 - Update to build 16299.492 breaks PN-DCP (PROFINET DCP) DCP-4_0-X-RES-incl_-pump_2_1200_thm.jpg

Windows 10 - Update to build 16299.492 breaks PN-DCP (PROFINET DCP) DCP-4_0-X-RES_3_1200_thm.jpg

This reservoir also features vibration dampening rubber mounting system which effectively silents your computer. EK also offers a EK-DCP 4.0 X-RES unit without the pump included for all the existing owners of the aforementioned water pump.

The EK-DCP 4.0 water pump is the ideal solution for all enthusiast built water cooling systems and is compatible with the all standard water cooling system setups. The EK-DCP 4.0 can achieve up to 800L / hour with its powerful, low-noise and extremely reliable design.

• EK-DCP 4.0 X-RES (incl. pump) - 89,41€
    • EK-DCP 4.0 X-RES (no pump) - 45,70€
    Features:
    • Compact design
    • All-in-one unit: Reservoir + Pump in a single unit
    • Factory pre-installed pump
    • Vibration dampening design
    • Monitor your water coolant level
    • Easy installation
    All products are readily available for purchase through EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network.

Cristian_25H, Sep 26, 2018
  3. DCP watchdog Violation

Pages freeze.How to fix DCP Watchdog Violation ?

trudyguldin, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - Update to build 16299.492 breaks PN-DCP (PROFINET DCP)

EK Launches PWM Variant of EK-DCP 4.0 Water Pump

EK Water Blocks, Ljubljana-based premium water cooling gear manufacturer, is proud to introduce the new EK-DCP 4.0 water pump with power management control. This new pumps allows pulse width modulation (PWM) control of rotation speed trough motherboard BIOS or dedicated fan controller.

The EK-DCP 4.0 PWM water pump is the ideal choice for all enthusiast water cooling systems and is compatible with the all standard water cooling system setups. This pump will easily integrate with the latest water blocks and can achieve up to 800L/hour with its compact, powerful and low-noise design.

Windows 10 - Update to build 16299.492 breaks PN-DCP (PROFINET DCP) DCP-4_0-PWM_front_1200_thm.jpg

Windows 10 - Update to build 16299.492 breaks PN-DCP (PROFINET DCP) DCP-4_0-PWM_back_1200_thm.jpg

Rugged, reliable and quiet, the EK-DCP pump will work silently to ensure your liquid cooling system operates at its peak and makes the most for your hardware overclocking potential. To improve the overall looks the product power cables comes pre-sleeved as standard.

PWM control allows for automatic pump speed regulation depending on your CPU temperature. Full performance on demand or whisper quiet operation in idle mode!

This product is compatible with the EK-DCP 4.0 X-RES pump reservoir combo unit.

Technical specifications:
    • Rated voltage: 12V DC
    • Power consumption: 18W
    • Maximum pressure head: 4.0m
    • Maximum flow: 800L/h
    • Maximum system temperature: 60°C
    • MTBF: 50.000 hrs at 25°C
    • Power connector: 4-Pin Molex- and 4-Pin PWM FAN connector

Cristian_25H, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Update to build 16299.492 breaks PN-DCP (PROFINET DCP)

1. Windows 10 - Update to build 16299.492 breaks PN-DCP (PROFINET DCP) - Similar Threads - Update build 16299

2. DCP Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCP Watchdog Violation: Стоклнулся с проблемой во время использования компьютера, зависания на несколько минут и после синий экран. Скачал дампчек, но не могу найти в чем проблема.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository...
  3. DCP Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCP Watchdog Violation: Стоклнулся с проблемой во время использования компьютера, зависания на несколько минут и после синий экран. Скачал дампчек, но не могу найти в чем проблема.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository...
  4. DCP Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DCP Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCP Watchdog Violation: After i Upgradet to Windows 11 i get BSOD with the error code DCP Watchdog Violation. It comes more often when i am Gaming but sometimes even in idle.After i read out the minidump Data it says that amdppm.sys is the cause of the problem but i don't find a working solution...
  6. DCP Watchdog Vioaltion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCP Watchdog Vioaltion: My pc has ran into dcp watchdog violation for a long time please some help I have some files that windows created at the time of crash that might be helpful if someone knows how to read those.Link to the files-Craash details...
  7. DCP Watchdog Violation - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DCP Watchdog Violation - Windows 10: I want to ask what to do with my Asus Laptop, it has been crashing from time to time with the error code DCP watchdog violation, it happens mostly when I plug in the power, or sometimes when my wireless driver malfunctions and not get recognized, but it also crashes randomly....
  8. DCP Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DCP Watchdog Violation: Hi I just updated windows recently with the latest updates and received a DCP Watchdog Violation error.Im running W10 Pro I also recently upgraded my Telstra smart ModemAny ideas pls?Thanks...
  9. Dcp Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dcp Watchdog Violation: Hello I´ve windows 10 professional ,and somtimes ive a blue screen with no error code just DPC Watchdog Violation ..how can i resolve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dcp-watchdog-violation/b2194276-b20f-4f1d-9ac7-29071bfceab3
  10. Brother DCP-145C and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother DCP-145C and Windows 10: I got my Brother DCP-145C about 8 years ago when I had Windows XP. It has been through Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. Ever since the second or third big Windows 10 Update, though, I have had problems. It only prints out a fraction of the page for the first half hour or so after I...