Windows 10: Windows 10 update to disable the unpopular ‘Shake to Minimize’ feature

Discus and support Windows 10 update to disable the unpopular ‘Shake to Minimize’ feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the great things about Windows is how intuitive it is. The majority of its essential features can be easily accessed by the users and they’re... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 13, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update to disable the unpopular ‘Shake to Minimize’ feature

One of the great things about Windows is how intuitive it is. The majority of its essential features can be easily accessed by the users and they’re also heavily promoted by Microsoft. There are some useful or unpopular features that are hidden away and Microsoft is now planning to retire another unused feature.

According to references found in the latest preview build, the next update for Windows 10 will turn off the ‘Shake to Minimize’ support in the operating system.

The feature is also known as ‘Aero Shake’ and it was first introduced with Windows 7. It basically allows you to grab a window by the title bar and shake it to minimize all other open windows. This way you can close all the open windows when they get in the way of your active/primary app window.

To use the feature, you need to select a program window with the left mouse button and shake the cursor back and forth while holding down the left click. If done properly, all your open app windows will minimize to the taskbar and the focus will shift to the primary window.

Windows 10 update to disable the unpopular ‘Shake to Minimize’ feature Shake-to-Minimize.jpg
    Hold the title bar to shake and minimize

Shake to Minimize is particularly helpful when you need to focus on a single window and you have tons of windows open but you don’t want to go through each window and minimize it. With this feature, you can simply shake your primary window and minimize the other program windows.

At the same time, Shake to Minimize can get in the way of your jittery mouse movements.

Currently, if you don’t like Aero Shake, you can disable it in the Group Policy Editor or Windows Registry Editor.

In Windows 10 preview builds, Microsoft is now experimenting with a new flag that will disable the Aero Shake (Shake to Minimize) feature completely.

Note that this is an internal flag and plans are subject to change, but if the standard process is followed, this feature will stop working next year.

In addition to the Aero Shake feature, Microsoft is planning to make Windows 7-era Snipping Tool optional in Windows 10. This change is also expected to happen in a feature update scheduled to launch next year.

The post Windows 10 update to disable the unpopular ‘Shake to Minimize’ feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 13, 2020

2. Disable Aero shake windows 10 without admin

Hi ErikSwanson-

I'm Kevin B. Independent advisor and a Windows user like you. I do apologize for the inconvenience about the aero shake, let me help you sort things out.

Aero Shake is one of the many features introduced with Windows 7 and continues to be part of Windows 10 as well. The feature enables you to quickly minimize all open windows except the currently active window by shaking the currently active window or using
    Windows logo + Home keyboard shortcut.

Enable or disable Aero Shake via Settings

The Aero Shake feature doesn’t work if the Snap is turned off.

Step 1: Navigate to Settings app > System > Multitasking.

Step 2: Turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to sides of corners of the screen option to disable the Aero Shake. Turn this option on to enable Aero Shake

If you don’t want to turn off the snap feature or the multitasking features to get rid of Aero Shake, refer to the directions in Method 2 or Method 3.

That is the simplest way to disable it but again if your company has a restriction about the admin rights it will be hard for you to do this.

Also, if you have a IT administrator you can actually request to disable to functions about your Aero shake.

Hope this will help and have a blessed day!

Thanks.

Kevin B.

Independent advisor

Kevin Bartolo., Dec 13, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update to disable the unpopular ‘Shake to Minimize’ feature - Similar Threads - update disable unpopular

2. Why programs are allowed to disable minimizing feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why programs are allowed to disable minimizing feature?: It's really annoying when f.e. some games cannot be minimized to taskbar. Why operating system is allowing a mere program to control this part of operating system? This shouldn't even be possible to disable by any program....
  3. Why programs are allowed to disable minimizing feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why programs are allowed to disable minimizing feature?: It's really annoying when f.e. some games cannot be minimized to taskbar. Why operating system is allowing a mere program to control this part of operating system? This shouldn't even be possible to disable by any program....
  4. I would like to Disable Windows' "Shake to Minimize" function without having to play with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to Disable Windows' "Shake to Minimize" function without having to play with...: I find the "Shake to Minimize" function bothersome. Often times, I have 10 different windows open, that I am actively using, and they seemingly minimize "without a reason" until I read about the "Shake to Minimize" function.The articles I've found, to disable this function,...
  5. I would like to Disable Windows' "Shake to Minimize" function without having to play with...

I would like to Disable Windows' "Shake to Minimize" function without having to play with...: I find the "Shake to Minimize" function bothersome. Often times, I have 10 different windows open, that I am actively using, and they seemingly minimize "without a reason" until I read about the "Shake to Minimize" function.The articles I've found, to disable this function,...
  6. I would like to Disable Windows' "Shake to Minimize" function without having to play with...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features: I have been confused about why my windows constantly disappear, but I discovered that the feature is called Aero Shake. I wanted to disable the feature because it hinders me a lot, but unfortunately I cannot find the right setting. I searched online, and apparently there...
  8. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features: I have been confused about why my windows constantly disappear, but I discovered that the feature is called Aero Shake. I wanted to disable the feature because it hinders me a lot, but unfortunately I cannot find the right setting. I searched online, and apparently there...
  9. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10 [img] Information Your screen(s) can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. Aero Shake lets you quickly minimize all opened windows except the current active window by shaking its title bar. Shaking the...