Windows 10: Windows 10 update to hide 3D Objects in File Explorer, improve Bluetooth UX

Discus and support Windows 10 update to hide 3D Objects in File Explorer, improve Bluetooth UX in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With the Creators Update (version 1703), Microsoft added a new Paint 3D app to Windows 10 to help users sketch in 2D and create 3D objects. Paint 3D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 24, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update to hide 3D Objects in File Explorer, improve Bluetooth UX

With the Creators Update (version 1703), Microsoft added a new Paint 3D app to Windows 10 to help users sketch in 2D and create 3D objects. Paint 3D app allows you to turn photos into 3D models, customize the photos with extra colours and textures, and access it from File Explorer.

Even if you don’t use Paint 3D, you may find the 3D Objects folder in File Explorer under “This PC’. 3D Objects folder is unnecessary and some consider it as bloatware added with Paint 3D.

Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn’t allow you to remove 3D Objects and other folders from File Explorer using Control Panel or Settings. If you want to remove these folders, you need to use Registry editor and delete the entry.

Windows 10 update to hide 3D Objects in File Explorer, improve Bluetooth UX 3D-Objects.jpg

With the Sun Valley update, Microsoft is looking to reduce the clutter in File Explorer and they plan to hide the 3D Objects folder by default. After the update, this useless folder will no longer be shown under ‘This PC’ unless you right-click and select the “Show all folders” option on the navigation pane.

Or you can also access it by typing %userprofile% in File Explorer.

Bluetooth improvements

In the latest update, Microsoft also appears to be testing a new change where the Bluetooth pairing notification will stay on the screen a little longer.

This will allow you to interact with your Bluetooth device before the notification goes. If you still miss the notification, you can access it again from Action Center. If you don’t like to see the notification on the screen, you can still dismiss it by clicking the X in the notification.

Feedback Hub improvements

According to the changelog posted on the Microsoft Store, Feedback Hub will now have the upvote and “Add similar feedback” options for both problems and suggestions.

In addition to these improvements, Microsoft is also testing a new way to copy-and-paste texts using Windows Cloud Clipboard.

The post Windows 10 update to hide 3D Objects in File Explorer, improve Bluetooth UX appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 24, 2021
  2. rmonroe36 Win User

Microsoft Promises Updated Explorer UX in Windows 10

Some actual samples of my Directory Opus file manager. Changed these views with a click or two.

Windows 10 update to hide 3D Objects in File Explorer, improve Bluetooth UX [​IMG]

Windows 10 update to hide 3D Objects in File Explorer, improve Bluetooth UX [​IMG]

Rich

rmonroe36, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 24, 2021
  4. SongtaiLi Win User

Hiding "3D Objects" Folder in This PC

I would like to hide the "3D Objects" folder in This PC. I was able to hide the other folders (Desktop, Pictures, etc.) by editing the registry, but I could not find the corresponding entry for the "3D Objects" folder.

Does anyone know how to hide this folder in This PC? Thanks.

SongtaiLi, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update to hide 3D Objects in File Explorer, improve Bluetooth UX - Similar Threads - update hide Objects

2. Windows 11 file explorer doesn't want to display "3D Objects" in This PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer doesn't want to display "3D Objects" in This PC: I need help. I just want to display 3D Objects in This PC in my Windows 11 PC/Laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-file-explorer-doesnt-want-to-display-3d/43c83648-3533-4798-9c62-3b32a7a0dfb6
  3. Windows 11 file explorer doesn't want to display "3D Objects" in This PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file explorer doesn't want to display "3D Objects" in This PC: I need help. I just want to display 3D Objects in This PC in my Windows 11 PC/Laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-file-explorer-doesnt-want-to-display-3d/43c83648-3533-4798-9c62-3b32a7a0dfb6
  4. Microsoft is finally hiding the 3D Objects Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is finally hiding the 3D Objects Folder in Windows 10: Microsoft released a new Insider build on February 24, 2021; it included fixes for the most part but made a few changes as well. One of the changes hides the 3D Objects folder by default on the operating system. The "This PC" menu in File Explorer's sidebar displays a number...
  5. 3D objects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D objects: Stats: windows V 20h2 build 19042_685 I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I'm afraid to alter the Registry. Never have touched it. Seems all instructions to get rid of such junk and the like require the alteration of the registry. If this post is moved please say...
  6. Windows 10 3D Objects Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 3D Objects Folder: A while back I modified the "3D Objects" folder under "This PC" to point to and be renamed as a folder in C:\ called "01 My Docs." Then some updates were applied to the PC and the name reverted back to "3D Objects." However, it appeared that the location was still applied;...
  7. Transparency for 3D objects in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparency for 3D objects in Paint 3D: I came across a question asking about the opacity of 3D objects. While currently you are unable to manipulate the opacity of 3D objects, you CAN get around this issue by creating a 2D object with your desired opacity level and color, then clicking "Make 3D" on the right-hand...
  8. 3D objects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D objects: I tried to get rid of the 3D objects folder that appeared on my computer, but I combined it with my documents. Now I have two sections that say documents and have all my documents. When I delete one folder from one, it deletes it from the other. I just want the document...
  9. Improvements planned for File Explorer in Windows 10 19H1 update

in Windows 10 News
    Improvements planned for File Explorer in Windows 10 19H1 update: Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 Build 18277 for Fast and Skip Ahead Insiders. Apart from adding several new features, Microsoft has also teased some minor improvements for File Explorer which will be part of the next major update codenamed “19H1”. Windows 10...
  10. Microsoft Promises Updated Explorer UX in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Promises Updated Explorer UX in Windows 10: Windows 10 Technical Preview indeed comes with some improvements in File Explorer, including a new share option that launches the modern share charm, but it appears that Microsoft is planning even more changes until the final version of the operating system goes live....