Windows 10: Windows 10 update tool gave me the wrong version

Discus and support Windows 10 update tool gave me the wrong version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; upgrading from win 8.1 pro 64.......received win 10 home 64....do not understand how that happened. bios restriction??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mike fxp, Nov 28, 2020.

1. mike fxp Win User

Windows 10 update tool gave me the wrong version

upgrading from win 8.1 pro 64.......received win 10 home 64....do not understand how that happened. bios restriction??

:)

mike fxp, Nov 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Joe M... Win User

The media creation tool for me asked for a key, which I obviously don’t have a key for windows 10 Pro. The key for windows 8.1 Pro I have says invalid when enter in media creation tool as I would expect it to. When doing the update through windows
    update as I did I was not given a choice what version to install it automatically installed the /Home version of Windows 10.

I did the process twice with the same results, that I not a solution for this. I have seen people suggest some way of doing an upgrade for customers. The simple solution would be to provide an upgrade key to customer that can provide a verifiable
    key for a version of Windows that should have upgraded to the pro version.

Joe M..., Nov 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update tool gave me the wrong version - Similar Threads - update tool gave

2. Windows media creation tool gave me corrupted install.esd file.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows media creation tool gave me corrupted install.esd file.: Hi. I've experience installed windows for so many time. this is my first time encounter the problem. First I downloaded creation tool from official site and proceed to make the USB boot from the official tool. Install.esd missing. Huh I check and it's there. So I just...
  3. Wrong version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong version of windows 10: I just purchased windows 10 pro from the Microsoft store. I received my product key by email and the link to install windows 10 Pro. After installation was complete, my computer shows that windows 10 Home edition was installed. My receipt from Microsoft even shows that i...
  4. Latest windows 10, version 2004 gave me s BSOD 4 times

Latest windows 10, version 2004 gave me s BSOD 4 times: Im in need of assistance. The latest update finally broke my pc. I recovered my pc 3 times because of this and it finally gave me no new recovery points. The error code in the blue screen is called : Stop code: inaccessible boot device. I live in a poor third world...
  5. Update gave me BSOD

Update gave me BSOD: Last night my laptop would give me the Bsod everytime i turned it on. I managed to fix it by doing a system restore. I turned it on today and it worked all fine and dandy, but then i went to check windows updates and it was installing the new update in the background. I...
  6. Yesterdays update gave me a BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yesterdays update gave me a BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED I can't use a restore point, repair it using startup, or even reset it because apparently it said "an update is still going on in the background" or something like that. I do have a CD, is that my only option? submitted by /u/k3hvn [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 wrong version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 wrong version: I had upgraded my windows 8 to windows 10 beta when that was available. Windows 10 works fine but my problem is when I installed windows 10 it installed 32 bit. My PC is a 64 bit machine. How can i correct my windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit? Is there a way to upgrade to 64 bit...
  8. A recent windows 10 Update that gave me bit miner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A recent windows 10 Update that gave me bit miner: Explanation So im just doing my usuall buisiness one night, decided to shut down my computer and go to sleep, as usual there was an update and i coudnt shut down without "updating and shut down", nothing unsuall there but the next morning, the update fails and changes start...
  9. Update gave me a new drive letter

in Windows 10 Support
    Update gave me a new drive letter: Hello, the most recent update of Windows 10 -- V1803, Build 17134.48 -- added a D drive to my collections of drives, causing me aggravation as I had previously assigned that drive letter to my Dropbox folders. The additional annoyance is the periodic warning that the drive is...
  10. Wrong version of Windows 10

Wrong version of Windows 10: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 build 10.130 Pro. I should have installed another version, I am upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium Dutch. I would like the stay at Dutch. At this moment it seems impossible to activate my Windows 10/ I presume because I have made wrong...