Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Trashed my Internet Speed

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Trashed my Internet Speed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC updated Windows 10 last night and immediately my internet speed on my PC has dropped to the point it is unusable. The speed on my IPAD and Phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BamaMikeHD, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update Trashed my Internet Speed

My PC updated Windows 10 last night and immediately my internet speed on my PC has dropped to the point it is unusable. The speed on my IPAD and Phone are fine, Just the PC the updated I think to 1909.

HELP!!!

:)

BamaMikeHD, Feb 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Eric003 Win User
    Slow Internet Speed on Windows 10 1809

I tried this last night and now my laptop is worse. Your first suggestion "choose how updates are delivered" isn't even an option. Hopefully the 1908 update will fix this problem that microsoft caused. Sadly my internet connection keeps disappearing so downloading
    and installing that update isn't really working. Microsoft and their mistake is pointing me towards having to pay someone to come in and fix it. Not happy with Mr Gates right now.

Eric003, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update Trashed my Internet Speed

Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Trashed my Internet Speed

1. Windows 10 Update Trashed my Internet Speed - Similar Threads - Update Trashed Internet

2. Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?: I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec...
  3. Windows 10 internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 internet speed: Hi, I'm curious as to why my internet speed on my computer via ethernet cable is slower then my wifi connection on my phone. I've heard rumours of windows 10 taking up bandwith etc, wasnt sure wether this was the reason and if anyone else has the same problem. Wifi speedtest...
  4. My internet speed on windows 10

My internet speed on windows 10: My internet speed is limited to 5 mbps on my windows while it is really 12 mbps on all other devices this problem occurred after some cumulative updates. I am sure this is speed reaching windows from wifi card . I got updated the card and checked that no apps running in the...
  5. Is Windows 10 Limiting my Internet Speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows 10 Limiting my Internet Speed?: So long story short, whenever I'm connected to my home WiFi using my trusty Windows powered laptop, with a speed in the range of around 10-15 Mbps, my said trusty laptop slices that speed and only uses half of it. Windows 10 never ceases to amaze me with how creative and...
  6. Windows 10 1903 Update Capped my Internet Speed

Windows 10 1903 Update Capped my Internet Speed: Prior to the update to 1903, I have Spectrum Internet and pay for there 400 Mbps connection. Prior to the update to 1903 i would get 350+ Mbps threw fast.com and speedtest, Now after the update it seems the internet test is capped at 150-160 Mbps which is half of what im...
  7. Recent Windows 10 Update trashed my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recent Windows 10 Update trashed my computer: I am pissed! yesterday(feb 23, 2019) my Win10 Home system began an update on it's own. OK So I let it go. Iwas working on my Win7 system while this was updating. Some time later I glanced over at it's progress and saw something I had never seen before. It said that the update...
  8. Windows 10 Updates Trash My Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Trash My Desktop: Windows 10 Updates often trash my Desktop Layout. Everything is still there but it is completely re-arranged. This is particularly annoying when I have allowed the desktop to accumulate too much crap but still have all the important, frequently used stuff in discrete, easy to...
  9. Windows Update Slowed My Internet Speed

Windows Update Slowed My Internet Speed: I have fast internet. I'm supposed to be getting 100 Mb/s. It was that fast... that is until the September update this year (13 September 2018). Now I am only getting something like 1000 Kb/s, sometimes up to 3 Mb/s. That is significantly slower. I am paying the price for...
  10. Windows 10 November Update Trashed My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 November Update Trashed My Computer: This morning I received the November Windows 10 update. At the point it says it is installing new features and drivers it gives me an error message that Windows encountered a problem. It then reverts me back to my previous version of Windows. When I sign back to my account...