Windows 10: Windows 10 Update - Undoing changes

Discus and support Windows 10 Update - Undoing changes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently tried to download the Gamepass for PC beta for my Laptop and it needed me to update Windows 10 to the 1903 update. The update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZakPulham, Jun 23, 2019.

1. ZakPulham Win User

Windows 10 Update - Undoing changes

I recently tried to download the Gamepass for PC beta for my Laptop and it needed me to update Windows 10 to the 1903 update.

The update downloaded, my PC restarted and it got to 67% and then turned itself off. I turned the laptop back on and it had the loading wheel turn for a little while the said something like 'Retrieving your update' then it said 'undoing changes' after about 10 mins it booted up but without being updated.

I googled the problem and tried restarting in safe mode and deleting the files in the SoftwareDistribution folder and then returning the update. Exactly the same thing happened.

I then downloaded the update troubleshooter and fixed the update and tried again and exactly the same thing happened. Update downloaded, in the middle of applying it and then the laptop just turns off.

I also tried resetting Windows 10 and that didn't change anything.

My laptop is a HP Pavilion 15-G094SA, not that new but should be able to update... right?

Any suggestions?

:)

ZakPulham, Jun 23, 2019

2. windows 10 undoing changes loop

Hi,

This issue is caused by a corrupted updates on your computer.

We found an article similar to your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by Sumit Dhiman2 on this
    thread.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

We couldn't complete the updated, undoing changes...

Hi,

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the
      top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update - Undoing changes - Similar Threads - Update Undoing changes

2. Update undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update undoing changes: i already removed my anti-virus just to install this update. However, whenever I install it, undoing changes will occur. I dont have problem with the last months update but this time it wont install at all.I run troubleshooter already nothing works....
  3. Update undoing changes

Update undoing changes: I have Windows 11 and I want to install the 22H2 update. I have it on my settings but when the installation process ends it says undoing changes. I tried it multiple times before consulting but nothing works. I checked my PC specification, and it is good and should run the...
  4. Undoing changes in this update

Undoing changes in this update: 22H2 update is not installing successfully after restart it will says undoing changes. I need to finish this now and I want to do stuff on this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undoing-changes-in-this-update/2838c356-b454-4223-ae2b-f2c90b54ae58
  5. windows update undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update undoing changes: Hi folks. I know you can help me with my update issue. It will download and after restart it will says undoing changes. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-undoing-changes/864b016a-8b8b-4d27-a0e8-a31c2ea04299
  6. windows update undoing changes

windows update undoing changes: Hi folks. I know you can help me with my update issue. It will download and after restart it will says undoing changes. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-undoing-changes/864b016a-8b8b-4d27-a0e8-a31c2ea04299
  7. windows update undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Update undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update undoing changes: Hi, My laptop is not getting updated from a long time. It is a new gaming laptop.whenever i update my laptop it stops at 96% or 98% and says this every time i also tried to delete the software distribution but i wont work.Can you share some reasons why is this happening...
  9. Update undoing changes

Update undoing changes: Hi, My laptop is not getting updated from a long time. It is a new gaming laptop.whenever i update my laptop it stops at 96% or 98% and says this every time i also tried to delete the software distribution but i wont work.Can you share some reasons why is this happening...
  10. Windows 10 undoing update changes

Windows 10 undoing update changes: Hi, I have windows 10 1803, I am using Windows 10 update assistant to update to the latest version which is 1903 .. however when the download is completed and the PC restarts .. it shows me that blue screen that says "Working on updates don't turn off your computer .. etc"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to complete windows 10 update

2. cannot do updates undoing changes win 10