Windows 10: Windows 10 update USB issue

Discus and support Windows 10 update USB issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since downloading the latest Windows 10 update a couple of days ago I have started having issues with my USB devices. My wifi keeps dropping out due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdamDBZ, Jan 8, 2021.

1. AdamDBZ Win User

Windows 10 update USB issue

Since downloading the latest Windows 10 update a couple of days ago I have started having issues with my USB devices. My wifi keeps dropping out due to USB Driver malfunctions. My keyboard keeps disconnecting every few seconds and I get the sound that something's disconnecting every 30 seconds or so it's driving me mad. Is there anything I need to do to fix it?

Thank you for any help in advance

Adam

:)

AdamDBZ, Jan 8, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 8, 2021
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 8, 2021
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update USB issue - Similar Threads - update USB issue

2. USB Power Issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Power Issues in Windows 10: Hi I hope you can help as this is now driving me nuts! I have an admittedly old audio interface. It's an M-Audio M-Track MK II USB audio interface. Every time I bootup my PC the device powers on. However, as start-up gets past the bios stage and windows starts to load,...
  3. Windows 10 Serial to USB issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Serial to USB issue?: I wonder if anyone has seen this type issue before. I'm no expert and have no idea what the cause may be but I'll describe the issue. I have connected a projector to my laptop using a Serial projector side to USB adapter laptop side. Windows recognizes a device is...
  4. Windows 10 Update - Mouse/USB Freezing & Sticking Issues

Windows 10 Update - Mouse/USB Freezing & Sticking Issues: Version: 2004 Build: 19041.572 Device: Surface Pro 7 Issue Notes: - Mouse & Keyboard appears to be intermittently freezing/sticking - A Windows restart fixes issue temporary and after a couple minutes does the same thing as above. - Cannot do any real work like this...
  5. Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues

Recent Windows 10 updates causing major usb issues: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop and I recently installed some updates which, since then, have been causing major usb issues. I've had 2 USB flash drives and a USB external HD not work properly. In all 3 cases, when I try to copy data back and forth or, in the case of...
  6. Issues with USB-to-Serial on Windows 10

Issues with USB-to-Serial on Windows 10: Hello, I've been using my USB-to-Serial adapter for years until it suddenly stopped working yesterday. When I plug it in, I don't see any changes in the Device Manager. The device works fine on another laptop. It's as if I mistakenly turned off my Comm Ports or something....
  7. Windows 10 - USB Driver Issues

Windows 10 - USB Driver Issues: Hello, We use Ingenico iSC250 card reader (USB connection) to take payments from our customers with our point of sale solution in Windows 10. Till Windows 8.1, everything seems fine but after upgrading to Windows 10, it seems like Windows 10 USB drivers are taking...
  8. USB Headset Issues with Windows 10

USB Headset Issues with Windows 10: All, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and I am having some issues with my Corsair VOID USB headset. The mic audio sounds like an interstellar transmission sending a distress signal to the Nostromo. I've reinstalled windows, reinstalled drivers,...
  9. Windows 10 usb boot issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 usb boot issue: I have a windows 10 version 1803 installed pc. It works and boots fine but now I want to install verison 19H1 from a usb using iso file that I downloaded from microsoft.com . I made the usb bootable by rufus, unetbootin but booting never proceeds on showing the message...
  10. USB Soundcard issue since Windows 10 Creators Update

USB Soundcard issue since Windows 10 Creators Update: Hello, I wonder if anyone could help me please. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and I'm having USB soundcard issues, since updating to the creators. I have tried a couple of different USB cards one being an Asus U3 and the other being a cheaper USB soundcard "Ugreen". I...