Windows 10: Windows 10 Update v.21H1 Profile Data Delete

Discus and support Windows 10 Update v.21H1 Profile Data Delete in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just seeing if there is a fix yet for preventing Profile Data from deleting when updating from v.20H2 to v.21H1 using Windows Update Assist tool? Our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michael Vidal, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Update v.21H1 Profile Data Delete

Just seeing if there is a fix yet for preventing Profile Data from deleting when updating from v.20H2 to v.21H1 using Windows Update Assist tool? Our production environment is only running v.2004 and v.20H1. I have been using the WUA https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 since the normal Windows Update method throws an error when trying to install. I won't post those error codes because that might be a separate issue and I don't want to go down that rabbit hole.I found that using WUA for v.2004 to v21H1 works fine no data is deleted but when I use WUA for v.20H2

:)

Michael Vidal, Jul 27, 2021
  2. v444 Win User

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Update v.21H1 Profile Data Delete

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Update v.21H1 Profile Data Delete

1. Windows 10 Update v.21H1 Profile Data Delete - Similar Threads - Update 21H1 Profile

2. Windows 10 21h1 default profile customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 21h1 default profile customization: Are there any instructions on how to log in under audit mode, customized the profile to its entirety, precisely how i want it, then copy it to the default users profile, so every user logging in gets that exact same profile?I've been scouring all of microsoft and the web...
  3. Features Removed or Deprecated in Windows 10 v 21H1

in Windows 10 News
    Features Removed or Deprecated in Windows 10 v 21H1: Microsoft keeps adding new functionalities as well as removing or replacing some older ones with every new version of the Windows operating system. For example, the MBAE service metadata feature was removed in the Windows 10 v20H2 October 2020 Update. Some features like...
  4. Win update v.20H1 to 21H1 - unrecognized?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win update v.20H1 to 21H1 - unrecognized?: Hi- I look after various machines, somevia Teamviewer remote. I have updated most to the latest Win v.21H1 all from v.20H1.However - I have one machine that remains on v.20H1 because System/Windows Update does NOT recogniize that 20H1 is effectively out of date.Please...
  5. WARNING Malicious Update: January 2021 Windows Update Deleted All Profiles and all Data

WARNING Malicious Update: January 2021 Windows Update Deleted All Profiles and all Data: Earlier this week one of my Windows 10 machines completed a Windows Update installing KB4598242, KB4586876 and KB890830 this update deleted all data and software configurations on the machine! The update seemed to delete the contents of ALL Profiles, this included but not...
  6. windows update deleted my profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows update deleted my profile: After an windows 10 update, my profile was deleted missing desktop, document, I tried the 4 restart, I check for recent update and cannot find one, the update happen this morning. No temp prof;le pr .000 profile windows 10 version 2004 any help in recovering files will help,...
  7. Windows 10 update KB4023057 deleted and removed my profile and data

Windows 10 update KB4023057 deleted and removed my profile and data: After installing the windows update KB4023057, my windows profile got deleted, all of my documents and files are lost. Also, when I go to Settings - Accounts - Sync your settings, i get a message saying you are logged on with a temporary profile. Attaching the screenshot...
  8. Windows 10 - delete profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - delete profile: My tech support folks advise me to delete my user profile, to fix a problem with a proprietary app. What does that delete? For example: any data files any non-microsoft apps? will I have to reinstall apps? what about printer settings? network settings? web favorites?...
  9. Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile: Windows technical advisor recovered my documents and files. All on my desktop. I had lost access to them as i was logged into a temporary user profile. Anyways i have take computer to a shop, the guy checked whole hard drive, nothing is there. He thinks the advisor cut all...
  10. Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles: I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 on 7-7-2019 and I was required to do the update with a full erase of my files and settings. Luckily i backed up all of my files ahead of time with the notification that the update would be doing this. The problem arose when I...