Windows 10: Windows 10 Update wants to install a new video driver

Discus and support Windows 10 Update wants to install a new video driver in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I checked my available updates this morning to find that Windows 10 has downloaded and wants to install the "latest" video driver for my Radeon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dlwmacgregor, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Update wants to install a new video driver

So I checked my available updates this morning to find that Windows 10 has downloaded and wants to install the "latest" video driver for my Radeon 7700.
    I have used AMD Auto Detect and it tells me I have the latest driver (15.7.1)
    I have used the instructions on this web site to disable automatic driver updates.
    So my question is...what is this driver?
    I have read before that Microsoft sometimes tries to download and install drivers that have already been installed or are already up-to-date.

:)

dlwmacgregor, Aug 20, 2015

2. Sony Viao Intel Display Update 20.19.15.4835 Instability

This driver update from Intel is know to cause instablity and distortion on video replay with Viao laptops. I want to block the update and leave the previous update installed, but I cannot find a way to do this in Windows 10. If I roll back the driver
    all that happens is that Windows 10 overwrites it with the new one. Anyone got any ideas?

Schweizermag, Aug 20, 2015
  3. After upgraded to Windows 10, still get that the malicious software removal tool hasn't been updated.

Original Title: WIndows 10 update problem

I have updated windows 10 and I still get that the malicious software removal tool hasn't been updated. This is after I started it and it installed all the updates, and I have restarted the computer. I had to reinstall my video drivers after each of these
    checks for some reason since Microsoft has gone back to messing with my video driver and they want to install their video drivers even though I know I have the most up-to-date drivers available.

Any idea why the malicious software removal tool hasn't installed?

Any idea why windows update wants to install their video drivers when I have the up-to-date drivers on my computer?

Will this continue to happen?

Will the malicious software removal tool keep installing and I have to reinstall my video driver (meaning that I have to do the custom install with the clean install which removes the video driver so I get the Microsoft driver update again)?

johnschnellptsdvet, Aug 20, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Windows 10 Update wants to install a new video driver

Create a system restore point, then restart your computer afterwards allow for this driver to be install . Check it out and see how it goes, check the version . If you have problems go back, if not keep it . That's what I would do but you don't have to follow

sn00ker, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Update wants to install a new video driver

1. Windows 10 Update wants to install a new video driver - Similar Threads - Update wants install

2. Drivers wont install on new windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers wont install on new windows 10 installation: Hey! I recently reinstalled windows on my laptop and cant get any drivers to install. I have an ASUS TUF Gaming laptop and the model number is FX706HE. I tried downloading drivers from ASUS's website but installing those drivers didnt do anything :....
  3. Windows Update Wants to Install Wrong GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Wants to Install Wrong GPU Drivers: I recently installed Windows 10. When I installed it the PC had an NVIDIA Quadro K5000. A couple days later I removed the GPU and uninstalled all of the drivers without issue. I replaced the GPU with an NVIDIA RTX 2070, installed the drivers and all was well. But, now Windows...
  4. Windows Update Wants to Install Wrong GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Wants to Install Wrong GPU Drivers: I recently installed Windows 10. When I installed it the PC had an NVIDIA Quadro K5000. A couple days later I removed the GPU and uninstalled all of the drivers without issue. I replaced the GPU with an NVIDIA RTX 2070, installed the drivers and all was well. But, now Windows...
  5. Windows Update Wants to Install Wrong GPU Drivers

6. I want to install the new Windows 11, Is it free to install as an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to install the new Windows 11, Is it free to install as an update?: I have a Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Build 22468. I want to install the new Windows 11, Is it free to install as an update, or do I want to pay for it? I also checked for an update but it keeps loading.I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 SlimSpecs: Intel Celeron N4020 4GB DDR4...
  7. I want to install the new Windows 11, Is it free to install as an update?

I want to install the new Windows 11, Is it free to install as an update?: I have a Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Build 22468. I want to install the new Windows 11, Is it free to install as an update, or do I want to pay for it? I also checked for an update but it keeps loading.I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 SlimSpecs: Intel Celeron N4020 4GB DDR4...
  8. Driver Update installed a driver but I want to remove it from the system. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Update installed a driver but I want to remove it from the system. Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates has installed a driver I want to remove but unable to find a way to remove it. I can see it in the "Update History" but there is no way to tell Windows to remove the driver from there. The driver in question for me is the "Vyacheslav Frolov - CNCPorts"...
  9. Windows Update wants to change my Video Driver and I'm "Resisting"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update wants to change my Video Driver and I'm "Resisting": The AMD driver is the "recommended" one for my system but I'm using the "non-whql" gaming driver because, well I game The "non-whql" driver has built in video capture and overclocking and a few extra not completely stabile setting tweaks that I wish to keep without...
  10. Problems updating video driver on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems updating video driver on windows 10: Recently Microsoft was encoraging us to upgrade to windows 10. I resisted, and my computer is still at windows 7, but my wife allowed them to upgrade her computer to windows 10. She hasn't had many issues since, but recently she noticed that it crashed from time to time. The...