Windows 10: Windows 10 update which lead to computer hang

Discus and support Windows 10 update which lead to computer hang in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Help me please I have a problem with my computer after the windows 10 update. My computer hangs and for example, when I try to open up google chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BobbyinaBob, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update which lead to computer hang

Help me please I have a problem with my computer after the windows 10 update. My computer hangs and for example, when I try to open up google chrome the screen might just hang there and freeze or it will lead to a black screen with only a cursor

I tried numerous methods to solve the problem which includes:

Restarting the computer

Cntl + Alt + Del which leads to a black screen

trying safe mode but in the 1st place my computer would hang

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

I AM AT THE POINT OF THROWING MY COMPUTER OUT OF THE WINDOW

:)

BobbyinaBob, Aug 31, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Windows 10 update hangs on downloading updates at 98%

Hi vinodh,

In step 3 you state to press enter after after each command but its written like one sentence,could you list them so we can identify each command please.my pc just hangs on "checking for updates" so i installed the win 10 updater and that just hangs on 99%
    so i will try what you suggest above.

Thanks

but not with this email add, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update which lead to computer hang

Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update which lead to computer hang

1. Windows 10 update which lead to computer hang - Similar Threads - update lead computer

2. My Windows 11 laptop crashed, which leads to the Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 laptop crashed, which leads to the Windows 10 install: I was playing a game on my laptop when it crashed. After it crashed, it leads me to the Windows 10 installation wizard. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-laptop-crashed-which-leads-to-the/c1d23923-8938-4626-b837-81c1f5ea9d18
  3. My Windows 11 laptop crashed, which leads to the Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 laptop crashed, which leads to the Windows 10 install: I was playing a game on my laptop when it crashed. After it crashed, it leads me to the Windows 10 installation wizard. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-laptop-crashed-which-leads-to-the/c1d23923-8938-4626-b837-81c1f5ea9d18
  4. PC Crashed which lead to the Startup Window Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashed which lead to the Startup Window Freezing: I am currently trying to fix my pc. I got back home today and had a problem. It was causing my games and apps to crash while also forcing my screens to black screen although discord was still functional. I restarted and everything was fine but when I came back a few hours...
  5. Computer Hanging

Computer Hanging: Hi! I've been receiving several problems with my PC these few days. The PC would suddenly become slow, with apps all hanging, but the cursor still works fine. Its just that buttons arent highlighted when the cursor is hovering above. After my PC failed to boot yesterday, I...
  6. Computer Hangs on Restart During Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Hangs on Restart During Windows 10 Updates: One of my computers hangs on restart while trying to apply Windows 10 updates. The symptoms are that when a restart is required after installing an update, everything progresses normally during the shutdown phase, but when it gets to the boot-up phase, the system hangs with...
  7. Windows 10 Computer hanging up

Windows 10 Computer hanging up: Every now and then, seems like at odd times but my computer hangs up for a solid 30 seconds or so. It's gotten to the point where I really want to get this figured out. I've come across this event during Heroes of the Storm game, Photoshop, Fusion360 and Adobe illustrator....
  8. Windows 10 anniversary update fails and hangs computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update fails and hangs computer: I have been running Windows 10 on a pretty plain Dell Inspiron. Today it asked if I wanted to install an update so I let it. After almost an hour of showing a progress meter and seeming to finish that phase, it rebooted and proceeded to seem to install but then put up a...
  9. Windows 10 update hangs

Windows 10 update hangs: When I click on settings>Update & Security, my laptop now automatically checks for updates. The problem is that the little blue dots passing by in the update search screen have been doing this for over two hours. I can't click on Advanced to check the history due to this. Is...
  10. Windows 10 update leads to multiple issues

Windows 10 update leads to multiple issues: Unwittingly downloaded it this morning. Anyone else having these or similar issues? Any solutions? Apps slow to load Some app icons on bottom navigation bar invisible but still present "Settings" and other system apps won't open via search bar User wants to bang head on...