Windows 10: Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs

Discus and support Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is braced for an update that will come with fixes for a frustrating flaw that users have been reporting for about a year now. For some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 18, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs

Windows 10 is braced for an update that will come with fixes for a frustrating flaw that users have been reporting for about a year now.

For some devices, Windows 10 has been going seriously wrong when applying updates from Windows Update. In some cases, users are presented with an error that could potentially leave their devices stuck in an update installation loop.

Following a lot of chatter, reports and complaint on various online forums, Microsoft has confirmed that they’re aware of the bug that could put your computer in an endless update installation loop.

The problem has been particularly observed with Intel drivers and users receive a message saying “A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we’re trying to install. We’ll keep trying to install”.

In addition, the Windows Update bug also attempts to downgrade Windows 10 graphics drivers when you’ve newer and better drivers already installed.

Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs Windows-Update-driver-error.jpg

In a post on Feedback Hub, Microsoft stated that they’ve made changes based on the feedback and the fix will be available in future builds.

“We’ve made an update with the Insider Dev Channel builds so that this error will no longer be shown going forward,” Microsoft said.

Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs Feedback-Hub-bug-report.jpg

It’s not clear how many devices are affected by this glitch, but we’ve observed that users are still reporting the problem almost every week.

In fact, we’ve seen several reports around Windows 10 update driver issue popping up after users applied the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. It’s likely that more users will report the problem again after the launch of Windows 10 version 20H2.

Previously, the main workaround mentioned by users was removing existing drivers, using Microsoft basic display drivers, and then installing the available update using Windows Update.

Another workaround involved reinstalling Windows 10 or system reset, but now you don’t have to worry about these issues as Microsoft has finally confirmed it.

The fix is already available in Insider preview builds and we don’t know when it will be backported to older versions of Windows 10, such as the October 2020 Update and May 2020 Update.

The post Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 18, 2020
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs

1. Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs - Similar Threads - update finally fix

2. Finally Fixed!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Finally Fixed!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Human7900 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ojgc0i/finally_fixed/
  3. Windows 10 cpu bug - finale

Windows 10 cpu bug - finale: I finally figured out the problem causing my cpu to go haywire. Windows 10 has 140 processes running, whilst every other supported OS on my laptop has 80~ processes. IM sure if I can get them down to 80 windows 10 will be fixed once and for all, but I need help with getting...
  4. Windows 10 API will finally reduce frustratingly long game load times

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 API will finally reduce frustratingly long game load times: With a new Windows 10 API called “DirectStorage”, Microsoft is promising a better overall gaming experience, plus performance boosts in some cases. DirectStorage is an API for Windows 10 PCs that will bring best-in-class IO tech to supported hardware and you can expect vastly...
  5. This "bug" is so frustrating.

This "bug" is so frustrating.: 2 Days ago i couldn't change the audio output unless i restarted the Computer. If i plug something else in, it gives me the notification "Which device did you plug in", instead of just using the plugged in device. It also doesn't matter what i choose there, since in the end...
  6. This year’s major Windows 10 update is finally ready for more PCs

in Windows 10 News
    This year’s major Windows 10 update is finally ready for more PCs: Microsoft has finally removed the upgrade blocks and the rollout of the Windows 10 May 2020 Update has expanded via the stable channel. While the update is still being rolled out in a throttled fashion, it will soon reach users across the globe when they check for updates....
  7. When will the „Can‘t undock external drive“-Bug will be finally fixed

When will the „Can‘t undock external drive“-Bug will be finally fixed: That‘s a problem with one of my external USB 3.0 drive. Others i set to „fast disconnect“, but isn‘t/shouldn‘t it an improvement using the device cache + Windows Cache? External drive goes even to sleep after some minutes and when i want to undock later „System“ is writing...
  8. Microsoft finally fixes Action Center bug in Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft finally fixes Action Center bug in Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Windows 10 October 2018 Update was made available to the public in October 2018 and it came with some bugs. Microsoft has already addressed all critical issues with an update and most recent cumulative update has addressed an issue where Action Center wouldn’t work properly....
  9. New Windows 10 1809 update rolls out: Mapped-drive bug finally fixed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows 10 1809 update rolls out: Mapped-drive bug finally fixed.: The new Windows 10 (October) V1809 Update rolls out (again) today. Hopefully without problems. https://www.zdnet.com/article/new-windows-10-1809-update-rolls-out-mapped-drive-bug-finally-fixed/?ftag=TREdecd1b0&bhid=24735****8328546 KB 4469342 nudges Windows 10 1809 up to...
  10. The Final RS5 Bug Bash Beat for Windows 10 Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    The Final RS5 Bug Bash Beat for Windows 10 Insiders: Hello Windows Insiders! THANK YOU all for your participation during this bug bash! Your feedback enables Microsoft to ship a quality product that our customers will love. Our engineers are currently triaging all your feedback and working to ship RS5 to the rest of the...