Windows 10: Windows 10 update will finally pull the plug on Adobe Flash Player

Discus and support Windows 10 update will finally pull the plug on Adobe Flash Player in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Three years ago, Adobe announced that it would dig a deep hole for its Flash Player and drop support by the end of 2020. This will move will also kill... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 4, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update will finally pull the plug on Adobe Flash Player

Three years ago, Adobe announced that it would dig a deep hole for its Flash Player and drop support by the end of 2020. This will move will also kill off the Flash Player technology, which is packed with security holes that it has become the favourite target of malware developers and a huge problem for security experts and browser makers.

By January 2021, Microsoft says the Flash Player will be barred from receiving updates in Chromium Edge or Internet Explorer. In other words, users will no longer have any ability to enable or run Flash natively, but you can still run it by going through some browser hoops, such as extensions or apps.

When Adobe halts Flash security updates at the end of 2020, Microsoft Edge, no matter the version, will refuse to support the player.

Adobe Flash Player’s demise will be important to some businesses and content creators alike. Fortunately, Adobe is also planning to make a Flash Player plugin for business users that you can install in browsers and it will work like just another third-party plug-in, which means there’ll be no support from the software giant.

End of support for Adobe Flash Player on Windows 10

Next year, all supported versions of Windows 10 will receive an optional update titled “Update for removal of Adobe Flash Player”. Initially, this update would be optional, but it will be made recommended later in the second half of 2021.

If you can’t wait for the “Update for removal of Adobe Flash Player” on Windows 10, Microsoft will allow you to grab the standalone update package from the Update Catalog this fall to help you remove Flash Player components from the OS.

Here’s the timeline of the upcoming changes to Adobe Flash Player:

• By the end of 2020, Microsoft will end support for Flash Player on Edge (both the new and old versions) and Internet Explorer 11.
    • Flash Player will be removed from the Chromium Edge by January 2021.
    • In the fall of 2020, Microsoft will publish “Update for removal of Adobe Flash Player” for those who want it.
    • In 2021, Microsoft will begin rolling out the optional update to remove the Flash Player from the OS.
    • By the summer of 2021, Microsoft says it will remove all the APIs, group policies and user interfaces from Edge (legacy) and IE 11 for the Flash Player.

The post Windows 10 update will finally pull the plug on Adobe Flash Player appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 4, 2020

2. Is Adobe Flash Player needed in Windows 10 ?

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• When did you get the Adobe Flash Player message?
    Adobe Flash Player helps you to play videos online.

If you are unable to play video online, download the Adobe flash player from Adobe website link.

If you are getting this Adobe Flash Player message, while using IE, I suggest you to follow the steps in the article, mentioned below.

Flash Player Help

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 manages security updates for Adobe Flash player?

Hi,

Does Windows 10 now manages all the security updates for Adobe Flash player?
    I noticed that on the updates history list it shows Adobe Flash player updates.

Is this true?

Thanks

win10freak, Sep 4, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Adobe Updates Flash Player to ver. 10, Adds GPU Acceleration

Adobe announced its major update to the Flash technology. The company released Flash Player 10, which is available for download for all popular browsers and platforms. This release of Flash Player provides a new consumption platform for content created by the new and enhanced Adobe Creativity Suite CS4. Notable features include:
    • 3D Effects, GPU accelerated graphics that utilize the power of GPU to render animations
    • Custom Filters and Effects
    • Advanced Text Support
    • Dynamic Sound Generation
    Flash Player 10 is available for download here. Press release follows:

Adobe Systems Incorporated today announced the immediate availability of Adobe Flash Player 10 software. Interactive designers and developers can leverage the new expressive features and visual performance improvements in Flash Player 10 for unprecedented creative control to deliver the most compelling Web applications, interactive content and high quality video to users across multiple browsers and all major operating systems.

“Designers and developers know if they deliver video, online games, rich Internet applications (RIAs) and other interactive experiences using Adobe Flash Player, they can reliably reach the entire Web,” said David Wadhwani, general manager and vice president of the Platform Business Unit at Adobe. “Flash Player 10 continues to set the pace for Internet innovation, and we’re excited to see how the community is already using it to create an entirely new class of experiences not previously achievable on the Web.”

Adobe Flash Player 10 builds on the capabilities of the world’s most pervasive application runtime with new support for custom filters and effects, native 3D transformation and animation, advanced audio processing, and GPU hardware acceleration. Building on over 25 years of Adobe expertise with text, the highly flexible new text engine in Flash Player 10 provides interactive designers and developers with more text layout options and better creative control.

Adobe Flash Player 10 also extends the expressive capabilities of the Adobe Creative Suite 4 product line with new levels of Adobe Flash technology integration to streamline collaboration and enhance the design/develop workflow. Interactive designers and developers can create custom filters and effects with Adobe Pixel Bender, which is the same technology behind many filters and special effects in Adobe After Effects CS4 software. Developers targeting Adobe Flash Player 10 can use these filters, blend modes and fills to animate effects or change the effect on rich media content at runtime. Flash Player 10 also enables new capabilities and performance improvements in Adobe Flash CS4 Professional, the industry’s most advanced authoring environment
    for creating interactive experiences. This includes easy-to-use 3D effects that enable designers to design in 2D and easily transform and animate in 3D.

“Our clients expect innovation,” said Tim Barber, partner and creative director for Odopod, a leading design studio and member of the Society of Digital Agencies (SoDA). “With the improved visual performance and awesome new 3D effects in Adobe Flash Player 10, we can now use Adobe Flash CS4 Professional to create cool Web experiences that were previously impossible. For us, this means fewer boundaries to the creative process.”
    Adobe Flash Player delivers unparalleled creative options, highly engaging user experiences, stunning audio/video playback, and virtually universal reach across operating systems. Flash Player content reaches over 98 percent of Internet-enabled desktops. More than 80 percent of online videos worldwide are viewed using Adobe Flash technology, making it the number one format for video on the Web. Adoption of a previous update to Flash Player 9 set all-time records by achieving nearly 90 percent reach on Internet-enabled desktops in less than nine months and Flash Player 10 is expected to achieve a similar adoption rate.

Innovations introduced in Adobe Flash Player 10 will contribute to future Open Screen Project efforts, such as work that will bring Flash Player 10 to mobile devices. The Open Screen Project is an industry-wide initiative to deliver rich multi-screen experiences built on a consistent runtime environment for open Web browsing and standalone applications across personal computers, mobile devices, and consumer electronics. More information about the Open Screen Project is available here.

To learn more about the new features and read what designers and developers are saying about Adobe Flash Player 10, visit this page.

Source: Adobe

btarunr, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update will finally pull the plug on Adobe Flash Player - Similar Threads - update finally pull

2. Windows 10 and Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Adobe Flash Player: I have an app that I use every day, due to the removal of Flash, Today when I open Incredimail I get a message to say the I need to download Flash and I can not use Incredimail. What is the remedy for me to use the app again? Adobe should not remove Flash from a private...
  3. Adobe Flash player updates

Adobe Flash player updates: If there is no future support for Flash Player, why do I need to download updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player-updates/1f17e359-1e94-4294-abf9-fc9dc23457d9
  4. Adobe flash player updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe flash player updates: Why do I need updates if not supported after 12/31/20? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player-updates/b1d39773-6b5d-41e0-b069-9bfa700b0987
  5. Adobe Flash Player Update

Adobe Flash Player Update: Doesn't Windows do Adobe Flash Player updates anymore? I used to get the standard update every month along with the Cumulative update but that hasn't happened since September. [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows update/adobe flash player

Windows update/adobe flash player: Since installing newest window update on 08/17/2019 games I play through facebook like spades and backgammon won't work because it says adobe flashplayer is disabled...how do I fix this issue?...
  7. Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10: Split from this thread. I want to install Adobe Flash Player so as to Download and install sound/audio on my PC. It used to be there when it was using windows 8.1 but became quiet when it started using Windows 10....
  8. Adobe Flash Player updates

Adobe Flash Player updates: I have several "Adobe Flash Player" updates that require a restart. After a restart they still do not install. This does not work. None will install. What can I do. Using Windows 10....
  9. Adobe Flash Player update

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash Player update: Version 18.0.0.232 http://www.cso.com.au/article/581746/patch-tuesday-adobe-fixes-34-flash-bugs-microsoft-fixes-edge-browser/ Adobe - Flash Player 15503
  10. Windows 10 Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Adobe Flash Player: Im trying to stream something online. I notice they have a message that says flash player is not updated etc. I checked my computer and typed in adobe but i do not find it there. Im pretty sure i have a flash player. Can someone tell me how do i find out if i have a...