Windows 10: Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’

Discus and support Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’ in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 still comes with the familiar Control Panel and it also has the Windows 8-era Settings app, which includes additional customization... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 20, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’

Windows 10 still comes with the familiar Control Panel and it also has the Windows 8-era Settings app, which includes additional customization features. However, users still have to look in Control Panel for many options.

Like Control Panel, Windows 10 Settings app is divided into multiple categories – System, Devices, Personalization, etc. You can tap on these categories to find the options you want, or you can also search from the search bar which is located at the top of the window.

Based on references spotted in the preview builds, it looks like the Redmond firm is working on a few new features for the Settings app.

A new section within the Settings app pages

Microsoft is slowly moving Control Panel pages to the Settings app and it can be confusing for some folks, especially when they don’t find pages/options in the Control Panel.

Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’ Settings-app.jpg

To speed up the migration process, Windows 10 update will introduce a new section “This page has a few new settings” to highlight settings that have been migrated from Control Panel. This will make it easier for users to find the moved pages, giving them one less cause for concern.

Other improvements coming to Windows 10 Settings

It also appears that Microsoft planning to ‘merge’ some pages to reduce the clutter in the Settings app.

For example, Power and battery settings will be merged into one new page simply called “Power & battery”. The first group lets you configure the screen timeout settings, while the second group lets you monitor the battery usage.

Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’ Power-and-battery.jpg

The same page will also allow you to change the sleep settings, and it will still include the “Additional power settings” that will open the Power Options control panel.

For now, it appears that the Control Panel’s “Additional power settings” is not coming to the Settings app.

Web camera settings

The web camera is one of the tools that have never been easy to configure in Windows 10 via the Control Panel. To address this problem, Microsoft is testing a new dedicated camera page for Settings, which will act as a central hub for your camera hardware tweaks.

Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’ Camera-settings.jpg

As you can see in the above screenshot, the Settings app will list all the in-built and external cameras available to the system and allow you to adjust options such as brightness and contrast.

The post Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’ appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 20, 2021

2. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Feb 20, 2021
  3. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’

windows 10 control panel

Great help.......thanks.....I wonder why Microsoft did not installed it automatically....

MannyMarinPR, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’

1. Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’ - Similar Threads - update improve Control

2. Windows 10 Control Panel Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Control Panel Settings: Windows 10 is really annoying me right now, I need to make my standard user account into a administrative account however whenever I go on the control panel or click Windows Image+ R combination on my keyboard it is supposed o give me the option of making changes to my pc as...
  3. Apps & Features (Settings) is no replacement for Programs & Features (Control Panel) in...

in Windows 10 News
    Apps & Features (Settings) is no replacement for Programs & Features (Control Panel) in...: When Microsoft announced that it would replace the entire Control Panel with the Settings app in Windows 10, no one thought that it would take the company longer than five years to achieve that goal. Microsoft migrated some Control Panel applets to the Settings application...
  4. Windows 10 update will bring another Control Panel feature to Settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update will bring another Control Panel feature to Settings: Ever since Windows 8, Microsoft has included two methods of changing system settings – Control Panel and modern Settings. Over the past few years, Settings app has slowly become more functional and it’s also getting more of Control Panel’s capabilities, including the Windows...
  5. Possible to replace setting with control-panel everywhere?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to replace setting with control-panel everywhere?: Just wondered if it would be possible to change every button that links to a page in the settings app to link to classic control-panel like in Win 8.1? Like "Sound" or "Display settings" etc.. Maybe someone has written a script or something similar? Would this be possible...
  6. Control Panel AND Settings

Control Panel AND Settings: Why do we find two possibilities to change settings, Control Panel and Settings. They don't cover eachother as far as I know. Why not bring them together? It would be much less confusing in my opinion....
  7. NEW WINDOWS 10 UPDATE, CANNOT ACCESS SETTINGS or CONTROL PANEL

NEW WINDOWS 10 UPDATE, CANNOT ACCESS SETTINGS or CONTROL PANEL: Hi, I just had two updates occur in two consecutive nights. I clicked "restart and update" each time. Since then, I have not been able to access my settings or control panel. I also cannot the functions found in the notification tabs (including nightlight, battery...
  8. Control Panel/ Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel/ Windows update: I was looking through my control panel this morning and I saw Update for Windows 10 for x64-based system(kb40...... as one of the apps installed on january 11 2018 and I was wondering if I should delete it...
  9. Will Settings eventually replace Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Settings eventually replace Control Panel?: At the start when I heard that Windows 10 was going to have a "Settings" app alongside Control Panel, I thought it was silly. Jumping ahead to now, I kind of like Settings. It makes doing some things easier and puts it all in one place (Although the taskbar options, like...
  10. Microsoft to replace Control Panel with Windows 10 Settings app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to replace Control Panel with Windows 10 Settings app: Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) provides users with two ways to access settings, the traditional Control Panel with access to various functions and tools, as well as the new Modern UI Settings app. The former is the more advanced option, but Microsoft is moving away from...