Windows 10: Windows 10 Update: Will not Boot now.

Discus and support Windows 10 Update: Will not Boot now. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Screen popped up with update notice, asked if I wanted to Restart. Chose Yes. Update began and then computer went to restart. The Boot screen came up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FelixWilliams2, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update: Will not Boot now.

Screen popped up with update notice, asked if I wanted to Restart. Chose Yes. Update began and then computer went to restart. The Boot screen came up, with the intel symbol and BIOS Settings (F2) / Boot Menu (F10) and that's it. Cannot access either of them. Computer just sits there. If I can't get into the system, how can I fix it? (Note: I do not have a back up or restore disc available.)

:)

FelixWilliams2, Aug 12, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 Update: Will not Boot now.

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for Windows

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update: Will not Boot now.

1. Windows 10 Update: Will not Boot now. - Similar Threads - Update Boot

2. Windows 10 Update Failed/Unable to Reinstall from USB Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Failed/Unable to Reinstall from USB Boot: After days of trying to fix update failure, access files/save them, and reset Windows from USB boot I'm at the "Where do you want to install Windows" screen. Windows Setup there is no option to install on partition 1 (OEM) , 2(Recovery) or 3(OS) each partition has error msg...
  3. Windows update righteously borked my hard drive, and my computer will no longer boot

Windows update righteously borked my hard drive, and my computer will no longer boot: Windows 10, 32gb ram, 1t nvme drive, i7 All was going well, and as I shut down my machine, I got the message "you must update to the latest version, or risk losing support" so I chose the install updates and shut down option. I came back a few hours later, and it was stuck...
  4. No login screen after recent Windows 10 updates - Dell Inspiron won't boot up in Safe Mode

No login screen after recent Windows 10 updates - Dell Inspiron won't boot up in Safe Mode: After the most recent windows updates last week I am no longer able to log into windows. Have tried multiple ways to boot up in safe mode to no avail. Ran the built-in recovery mode option on my Dell Inspiron, which fixed a partition issue, but I'm still unable to login....
  5. Surface pro 3 Won’t boot after update

Surface pro 3 Won’t boot after update: hello! i ha my surface pro that is still loop on surface logo that looks loading something but won’t start, all this after i just updated it. i’m trying to recovery it by booting into recovery device but i’m not able to access it by press volume down and then turn it on.....
  6. Pc won't boot after windows update

Pc won't boot after windows update: I have a Lenovo H30-50 which came preinstalled with Windows 8.1. This was upgraded to Windows 10 for free (I believe by Microsoft itself as part of an update). Yesterday while using the pc, a prompt came up informing me of an important update. While I can't recall all the...
  7. Windows 10 Will Not Boot After Update

Windows 10 Will Not Boot After Update: I have a 2 week old HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop, and it entered a series of Windows updates. During an update it froze for hours. I powered it off, and Windows would no longer boot. I have tried everything from, creating a bootable media drive, the recovery drive, and nothing...
  8. Windows Boots to black screen after updating. Continues to loop into "Preparing Automatic...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Boots to black screen after updating. Continues to loop into "Preparing Automatic...: Hello, To preface, I just had my computer's hard drive replaced because it was having this same issue. Windows 10 was imaged onto the drive, everything worked great long enough for me to get Windows and all of my drivers up to date. I turned off my computer after the last...
  9. Will I be able to continue Windows 10 updates into the future without UEFI boot?

Will I be able to continue Windows 10 updates into the future without UEFI boot?: I just solved a problem the other day in here regarding not being able to upgrade one of my two laptops to Window 10, build 1809 due to Avira anti-virus problems. But I have one desktop and two laptops that I was specifically upgrading to 1809 in preparation for build 1903...
  10. BSOD: Inaccessible boot device after updating from April 2018 to May 2019 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: Inaccessible boot device after updating from April 2018 to May 2019 update: Currently running a dual-boot system on a Lenovo Yoga 730 with manjaro and windows 10. Upon restarting and allowing Windows Update to upgrade to the May 2019 update, I get a stop error with INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. Initially, GRUB menu wouldn't appear, but has now appears...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer doesnt boot up after windows aug 2019 update