Windows 10: Windows 10 update will not finish, I am stuck in a continual failure if I turn off my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 update will not finish, I am stuck in a continual failure if I turn off my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 update fails every time. If I 'update and restart' or 'update and shut down' before the update finishes I see a message that says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FLStuart, Jul 4, 2021.

1. FLStuart Win User

Windows 10 update will not finish, I am stuck in a continual failure if I turn off my computer

My Windows 10 update fails every time. If I 'update and restart' or 'update and shut down' before the update finishes I see a message that says something like 'Windows is undoing changes'. I tried the update trouble shooter no luck, went to support and tried another option which gives me the following error code 0x80070652, when I go to Microsoft support and look up this code there is no information. My last successful update was only a few weeks ago. This is frustrating as I CANNOT turn off my computer now without it trying and failing to update or I turn it back on and have to wait, then the

:)

FLStuart, Jul 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 updates continuously crash my computer

I was not able to perform neither of the suggestions in safe mode due to a Windows 10 update failure. Because my pc is stuck in a loop of restart mode, windows believes I need to restart to finish the update so it failed to allow the actions in safe mode.

JamesTurbeville, Jul 4, 2021
  3. equoox Win User
    2019-04 Cumulative Update KB4495667 stuck in restart to finish

My Pc runs Windows 10 Home 64 Bit v 1809

I noticed that Windows Update has had indigestion with the latest Cumulative Update (2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v 1809 for x 64 bases systems KB4495667) which is stuck Requiring a restart to finish installing.

I have restarted several times with no luck.

Have also run the Trouble Shooter which could not identify the problem.

I then checked for updates in case it would offer it again, but all that was listed was 2019-02 Cumulative Update for NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 KB4486553 which has Successfully installed.

KB4495667 still refusing to do so.

Windows 10 update will not finish, I am stuck in a continual failure if I turn off my computer [​IMG]

I have downloaded it from from the Windows Update Catalogue ... file windows10.0-kb4495667-x64_a0713c961b994da102ee4a300d2f571ec567af20.msu

What is the safest thing to do now, do I just double click to install it?

I am no computer expert so will need easy to follow steps.

equoox, Jul 4, 2021
  4. Windows 10 update will not finish, I am stuck in a continual failure if I turn off my computer

Windows 10 update wont finish

Hi,

For step-by-step instructions for the continuation for your update, kindly refer to the post of Greg Carmack - Windows MVP on this

link

For more information about clean install for Windows 10, visit this
    link

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update will not finish, I am stuck in a continual failure if I turn off my computer

1. Windows 10 update will not finish, I am stuck in a continual failure if I turn off my computer - Similar Threads - update finish stuck

2. I turned off my computer while it was updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned off my computer while it was updating: When i turn on my PC, only Asus logo shows up and than the screen go full black with little white - on top left All i can do is going to the BIOS and dont know what to do...
  3. I turned off my computer while it was updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off my computer while it was updating: When i turn on my PC, only Asus logo shows up and than the screen go full black with little white - on top left All i can do is going to the BIOS and dont know what to do...
  4. I turned off my computer while it was updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I turned off my computer while it was updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned off my computer while it was updating: I have an ASUS computer and i turned it on and it updated. it stayed at 100% a little too long for my liking, and none of the buttons i pressed helped aid this process, so i pressed the power button and now it wont turn on. The only sign that it isn't dead is that a light...
  6. I turned off my computer while it was updating

I turned off my computer while it was updating: I have an ASUS computer and i turned it on and it updated. it stayed at 100% a little too long for my liking, and none of the buttons i pressed helped aid this process, so i pressed the power button and now it wont turn on. The only sign that it isn't dead is that a light...
  7. I turned off my computer while it was updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Stuck on Recovery and can’t continue because my internet turned off and I can’t turn it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Recovery and can’t continue because my internet turned off and I can’t turn it...: I wanted to Restart my pc like brand new so I did the restart options and everything. While it was loading to restart my internet turned off so it now says “Recovery””it looks like windows did not load correctly -if you’d like to restart and try again choose “restart my PC”...
  9. Stuck on Recovery and can’t continue because my internet turned off and I can’t turn it...

Stuck on Recovery and can’t continue because my internet turned off and I can’t turn it...: I wanted to Restart my pc like brand new so I did the restart options and everything. While it was loading to restart my internet turned off so it now says “Recovery””it looks like windows did not load correctly -if you’d like to restart and try again choose “restart my PC”...
  10. I turned on my Windows 10 computer and then turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I turned on my Windows 10 computer and then turned off: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OrangeandKirby [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kngh64/i_turned_on_my_windows_10_computer_and_then/