Windows 10: Windows 10 update will remove “Edit with Paint 3D” from context menu

Discus and support Windows 10 update will remove “Edit with Paint 3D” from context menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has confirmed that it will remove “Edit with Paint 3D” from Windows 10 context menu with the next feature update. If you don’t know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 27, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update will remove “Edit with Paint 3D” from context menu

Microsoft has confirmed that it will remove “Edit with Paint 3D” from Windows 10 context menu with the next feature update. If you don’t know what Paint 3D is, then you probably were one of the many who ignored apps added with Windows 10 Creators Update.

Paint 3D was first introduced with Creators Update and it’s used to create three-dimensional images as opposed to 2D art created using the classic Paint app. Unlike Paint, it’s a much more powerful tool and you can even use it to remove objects from your images.

However, Microsoft’s love for 3D apps, folders and options weren’t reciprocated by most Windows users and the next update will make these features completely optional.

As you may have already noticed, the context menu comes with the ‘Edit’ option to launch MS Paint and ‘Edit with 3D Paint’ to launch Paint 3D. Currently, the ‘Edit with 3D Paint’ option cannot be removed even when you manually uninstall the app.

Windows 10 update will remove “Edit with Paint 3D” from context menu Edit-with-Paint-3D.jpg

If you click on the option when Paint 3D is uninstalled, Windows will ask you to download the app again from the Microsoft Store. Not only the option is useless when the app is uninstalled, but it’s also hard to ignore and it will show up whenever you right-click on images.

Windows 10 update will remove “Edit with Paint 3D” from context menu Paint-3D-alert.jpg

Fortunately, with Windows 10 version 21H2 (Sun Valley) update, the option will no longer appear when the app is successfully uninstalled.

Uninstalling the Paint 3D app will automatically remove the ‘Edit with 3D Paint’ option from the context menu and you don’t have to edit your registry anymore. This change was made with Build 21332, according to Microsoft:

“This [inability to remove Paint 3D from context menu” should be addressed after upgrading to Build 21332.”

Microsoft has also confirmed that 3D Viewer and Paint 3D will no longer be preinstalled on clean installs of Windows 10. 3D objects folder in File Explorer is also going away in the next feature update, which is scheduled for October-November.

The post Windows 10 update will remove “Edit with Paint 3D” from context menu appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 27, 2021
  2. Callender Win User
    Callender, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 27, 2021
  4. dtoxic Win User

Remove '3D print with 3D Builder' from context menu?

Follow these Steps

Remove from the context menu in Windows 10

dtoxic, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update will remove “Edit with Paint 3D” from context menu - Similar Threads - update remove “Edit

2. How to remove Edit with Photos and Edit with Paint 3D from Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Edit with Photos and Edit with Paint 3D from Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to remove Edit with Photos and Edit with Paint 3D options from the right-click context […] This article How to remove Edit with Photos and Edit with Paint 3D from Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu: I am looking for a way to remove the Print and Edit commands from the context menu when I right click on photos. I never use either and I already have a lot of items in the menu. Hopefully the screenshot is attached right. It shows you the top of my context menu with the two...
  4. Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu: I am looking for a way to remove the Print and Edit commands from the context menu when I right click on photos. I never use either and I already have a lot of items in the menu. Hopefully the screenshot is attached right. It shows you the top of my context menu with the two...
  5. Removing Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Paint 3D: I uninstalled Paint3D with a .bat file with the command “PowerShell -Command "Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.MSPaint* | Remove-AppxPackage"” and it does remove the app but when I right click an image, the shell pops up and “Edit with 3D Paint” is still present. I have...
  6. How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?: I find the edit option really annoying and useless. Is there any way to remove it? Running Windows 10 Pro 149245
  7. Remove Paint 3d

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Paint 3d: Granted this is only my opinion but who thought everyone would like having MS Paint removed to be replaced by a program meant more for touch screens than for those of us with keyboard/mouse abilities. They could have offered both. I have tried three different reg fixes...
  8. Remove '3D print with 3D Builder' from context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove '3D print with 3D Builder' from context menu?: Just upgraded to the latest Anniversary Win 10 build. Uninstalled 3D Builder but this entry '3D print with 3D Builder' is still there when I right click an image file. How do I remove this? CCleaner does not help. [img] 58867
  9. Edit with Paint 3D context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Edit with Paint 3D context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Edit with Paint 3D context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Edit with Paint 3D context menu in Windows 10 The Paint 3D UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app has been included in Windows 10 starting with Windows 10 build 14971. It has also...
  10. 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    3D Print with 3D Builder context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 comes with the 3D Builder app by default. The 3D Builder app has model visualization...