Windows 10: Windows 10 update: Windows freezes at start-up

Discus and support Windows 10 update: Windows freezes at start-up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After installing Windows update, windows freezes at start-up showing blue Windows logo. This happened several times. Freeze can only be resolved by a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidMerrill3, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update: Windows freezes at start-up

After installing Windows update, windows freezes at start-up showing blue Windows logo.
    This happened several times. Freeze can only be resolved by a cold restart.

:)

DavidMerrill3, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 16, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 update: Windows freezes at start-up

Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

i have a clean install of windows 10.

it started after windows updated to something.

then first my mouse stopped working and got detected as a keyboard. I had to reinstall the drivers to make it work again. Since then this is happening.

Let me try uninstalling the updates.

de.das.dude, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update: Windows freezes at start-up

1. Windows 10 update: Windows freezes at start-up - Similar Threads - update freezes start

2. LAPTOP FREEZES DURING WINDOWS 10 START-UP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LAPTOP FREEZES DURING WINDOWS 10 START-UP: Hi!I have a problem with a laptop and I searched and tried everything for months but I couldn't repair it.The laptop is a ASUS U80V one. It happened after a Win10 update. Simply Windows 10 freezes during the start-up rotating dots pause and I cannot do anything except...
  3. LAPTOP FREEZES DURING WINDOWS 10 START-UP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP FREEZES DURING WINDOWS 10 START-UP: Hi!I have a problem with a laptop and I searched and tried everything for months but I couldn't repair it.The laptop is a ASUS U80V one. It happened after a Win10 update. Simply Windows 10 freezes during the start-up rotating dots pause and I cannot do anything except...
  4. Windows 10 freezes while starting up

Windows 10 freezes while starting up: I'm having problem with my windows, I tried opening it up but it freezes while loading the windows screen. I tried restarting and it will give me a blue screen and freezes again. If I leave it and let it load it will go through welcome screen and freezes again. What should I...
  5. Windows 10 freezes while starting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes while starting up: I'm having problem with my windows, I tried opening it up but it freezes while loading the windows screen. I tried restarting and it will give me a blue screen and freezes again. If I leave it and let it load it will go through welcome screen and freezes again. What should I...
  6. Windows 10 freezes while starting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 freezes upon start up

Windows 10 freezes upon start up: Hello! So the other day i decided to restart my pc because it was running slowly. But the reatart process took over 10 minutes, so i left the room to run errands. When i came back my pc was off and now when i try to start it freezes at the windows 10 logo with the spinning...
  8. Windows 10 Randomly freezes on start up

Windows 10 Randomly freezes on start up: So I've ran into a problem recently where windows 10 will randomly freeze on start up and I am unable for the life of me find the cause. It will happen shortly after my mobo hands everything off to windows which it gives the boot code A0 which should mean everything completed...
  9. Windows 10 freezes up on Start up and shut down

Windows 10 freezes up on Start up and shut down: Earlier it was just freezing during shutdown/restart so I ignored it as I could just forcefully shutdown the PC using the power button. But now I can't even login, the moment it shows mouse pointer on screen after boot screen, keyboard, mouse everything just freezes up. No...
  10. Windows 10 freeze after starting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freeze after starting up: So last night i just installed the new update on windows 10, but when i start my laptop it just freeze just like this.[IMG] And it doesn't react to when i press the keyboard or move around the mouse(the cursor isn't even on the screen) and it just stuck like that for 30...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freeze start up

2. computer freezes when reinstalling windows 10 after save files to this pc only

3. windows 7 freezing up if internet is open after windows 10 upgrade

4. Winddo 10 freezes up on startup