Windows 10: Windows 10 Update - Winzip Not Working

Discus and support Windows 10 Update - Winzip Not Working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First of all let me just say that this Windows 10/ Edge update is an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE. In order to export data into excel from one of my company's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BRJ8, Sep 21, 2018.

1. BRJ8 Win User

Windows 10 Update - Winzip Not Working

First of all let me just say that this Windows 10/ Edge update is an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE.

In order to export data into excel from one of my company's business platforms the files need to be opened through Winzip. Since the Windows 10 update I have not been able to open winzip or export any data. I get no error messages it just does not open, the system will not let me uninstall the program to upgrade to a newer version of winzip, and I've run a SFC and still nothing. I am required to export and track data on a daily basis and this has significantly affected my work. Very unimpressed.

Please note this update also deleted all of my favourites which had all my saved logins for various work platforms, and the new display resolution is terrible.

:)

2. Dark Ride Win User

WinZip 10.0 Final

The ever popular archiving tool WinZip has reached version 10.

About WinZip:
    • The most popular compression utility for Windows, with more than 150 million downloads
    • Save storage space, dramatically reduce e-mail transmission time, and efficiently archive documents
    • Protect your sensitive data with AES encryption
    • Easy-to-use and powerful user interface: the intuitive WinZip Wizard for first-time users and the award-winning WinZip Classic interface for power users
    Download (5.6 MB)

Dark Ride, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 incompatible app WinZip 6.3-8.0

Whoever you are, dear Vonzy, you have made my day.

The problem with Windows 10, update 1709 has been resolved for me.

The message I got was that I still had a version os WinZip 6.3-8.0 on my PC but I could not find any file that was causing the problem. I had reinstalled , as was suggested on a post found on this Community discussion but that did not do it. I was now
    stuck with 3 versions of the WinZip, the original which I could not fine, the newest version 22.0 and the one on the Windows store.

After months of trial and error of all suggestions for resolving this issue, and I have tried a lot, this suggestion of using UltraSearch helped me to resolve the update and I finally updated Windows 10.

It was not as easy as it seems because I had to complete a certain number of tasks in resolving this issue

Step 1 : look for and install Ultrasearch

Step 2 : use the applcation to look for any files with WinZip in the file name.

That is when I found out I had parts of all those versions of the same app on my PC.

Step 3 : get rid of the files linked to WinZip 6.3-8.0. That did not do it.

Step 4 : get rid of all the files with WinZip in the file name including the Universal version from the Windows store.

That still did not do it.

Step 5: get rid of the contents of the recycle bin which still contained some of those WinZip files.

Then the Updater on my version of Windows 10 sent me a message that it had to do some work before the actual update.

It took it some 10 minutes and the updater passed the 62% mark where it was always stuck and proceeded to update my Windows 10 version with version 1709, after 4 months of trials.

I hope that this message will comfort some of you that have been trying to overcome the WinZip 6.3-8.0 glitch and still had not made it.

Thanks again

PierreLabrosse, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Update - Winzip Not Working

WinZip updater

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

WinZip is a third party software which help you use as a extractor for the files. Requirement depends on the file types you use for extracting the files.

If you are facing any issues, please post us what exact issue are you facing?

If you are trying to remove it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Programs and Features.
    • Select the WinZip app or the updater and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and check if it is removed.
    If you have any further queries regarding the product, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer of the product for further more information.

THIRD PARTY DISCLAIMER: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use
    of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Update - Winzip Not Working

1. Windows 10 Update - Winzip Not Working - Similar Threads - Update Winzip Working

2. Is WinZip driver updater safe?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is WinZip driver updater safe?: Hello , so yesterday my laptop just got scanned by WinZip Driver updater out of the blue and I updated the issues that it said I had after that every time I would try closing it a notification would pop up saying that this WinZip is working in the background. So should I be...
  3. winzip

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    winzip: how i reinstale winzip drivers udtade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winzip/36f7d520-9291-4afa-ae74-54e35eba15d2
  4. WinZip

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WinZip: WinZip: Microsoft charged me for an annual subscription which I did not want. PayPal refused to refund my money because I had already cancelled the subscription. I cancelled the next day after I saw the subscription had been taken by Microsoft. Now, after months, I figure...
  5. WinZip driver Updater Necessity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinZip driver Updater Necessity: Do I need this? It came up on my computer after I signed up for this forum. What do I need to do? It can be deleted? I updated a few individually and some said they can't be updated and asked if I wanted to exclude them next time? Don't want to pay $30 to auto update. Help me...
  6. winzip driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    winzip driver update: I don't know how I started receiving the winzip driver updater. I just bought Windows 365 Office. Do I need this and the AVG security or the Microsoft essentials along with the winzip driver updater. It opens up every time I am on my home computer, then it is asking me to...
  7. winZip driver updater is it safe

winZip driver updater is it safe: winZip driver updater is it safe * Moved from health & band https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/winzip-driver-updater-is-it-safe/ee6b6d12-e819-44f5-a9de-7bcdb7553ab6
  8. winzip

winzip: How to stop winzip appearing as a pop up everyday? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/winzip/1e0242b6-17e1-463b-a8df-a8ba77baf0b5
  9. WinZip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinZip: Is WinZip a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winzip/f15e7abb-085f-4b5e-ae35-0791e7a77ec3"
  10. winzip where can i download winzip for windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    winzip where can i download winzip for windows 10: where can i download winzip for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winzip-where-can-i-download-winzip-for-windows-10/6ca6f430-55c6-44bf-a8c0-c86c663d0ace"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my windzip is not working

2. windows 10 winzip not working

3. winzip not working

4. winzip not working windows10,
  5. winzip windows 10 problems