Windows 10: Windows 10 update wipes Office

Discus and support Windows 10 update wipes Office in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was busy with Outlook on Office 2013 working on an email. I needed to use Skype. Skype had stopped working. I uninstalled Skype, downloaded a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesHellyer, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update wipes Office

I was busy with Outlook on Office 2013 working on an email. I needed to use Skype. Skype had stopped working. I uninstalled Skype, downloaded a new version, and Skype started working again.

I tried to return to Outlook and my email, but Outlook had 'disappeared'. I eventually checked in my Apps and the Office 2013 suite had completely disappeared. It is not anywhere on my PC. How can I recover my Outlook, Office suite and all my email files??!!

Anybody any ideas please

:)

CharlesHellyer, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 update wipes Office

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update wipes Office

1. Windows 10 update wipes Office - Similar Threads - update wipes Office

2. WINDOWS UPDATE AND WIPE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS UPDATE AND WIPE?: This is incredbly frustrating!! My samsung laptop keeps self updating and then wiping the WHOLE system clean, all work files gone1 i can no longer use the stylus pen or open any apps !!!!why does it keep doing this ???i posponed updates and it still keeps doing this?!?!?!...
  3. WINDOWS UPDATE AND WIPE?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS UPDATE AND WIPE?: This is incredbly frustrating!! My samsung laptop keeps self updating and then wiping the WHOLE system clean, all work files gone1 i can no longer use the stylus pen or open any apps !!!!why does it keep doing this ???i posponed updates and it still keeps doing this?!?!?!...
  4. Windows 10 update wiped out everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update wiped out everything: How do i get all of my documents and photos and files back after windows 10 updated deleted everything. Hundreds of dollars in photo programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-wiped-out-everything/5c622ab8-ab72-4a39-892a-16e8f8f20ed7
  5. Wiping yet keeping updated windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wiping yet keeping updated windows 10: Hi, I have an acer computer I've had for many year,s that I wish to wipe and restore, removing all of my data. However, when I bought the computer it was running on Windows 8, yet I have updated it since to Windows 10. Is there a way to still wipe all of my information,...
  6. Windows 10 update wiped my data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update wiped my data: I lost my IDM download list (from 2013) and license after an automatic Windows 10 update happened, is there any way to restore it? submitted by /u/putinmeister [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g45n78/windows_10_update_wiped_my_data/
  7. Windows 10 Update - wiped my pc!!!

Windows 10 Update - wiped my pc!!!: Hi - my windows 10 did some update last night and I have lost absolutely everything off my pc. HP all in one desktop. My pc is now like a brand new computer! Help as the stuff I had on it is irreplaceable and yes I am stupid for not backing up ... ideas please???...
  8. windows 10 update wiped laptop clean

windows 10 update wiped laptop clean: how is it that your latest window 10 update can totally wipe all my documents, data ,photos, videos, even stuff stored in the cloud?? after quick research it appears this has been happening since 2017 and still in 2019. Also why did my system revert to US. format I pay a lot...
  9. Windows 10 automatic update 5/12 wiped out word and excell office instalations

Windows 10 automatic update 5/12 wiped out word and excell office instalations: Windows 10 automatic update on 5/12/19 wiped out excel and word installations. Icons missing and it looks like it is running through the install procedure again. Lost chrome browser favorites...
  10. Windows 10 Update Wiped Hard Drive

Windows 10 Update Wiped Hard Drive: When I saw a forced Windows update, I assumed it was a minor security update and not the one that it pretty obviously was. My bad, I assumed that Windows update would actually automatically check before it processed with installing anything given the sheer number of issues...