Windows 10: Windows 10 update with custom UEFI driver?

Discus and support Windows 10 update with custom UEFI driver? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a computer that has an SSD that's not natively supported by the motherboard, so when I boot it, I have to go into the UEFI shell, load the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jonathan White [MSFT], Dec 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update with custom UEFI driver?

I have a computer that has an SSD that's not natively supported by the motherboard, so when I boot it, I have to go into the UEFI shell, load the driver, remap drives (map -r), and boot from the disk that's now visible. That's kind of a pain, but it was working fine up until Windows 10 decided to update.

Now every time I turn the computer on it downloads the Windows 10 update, reboots, and goes to the UEFI shell. If I follow my normal boot procedure it doesn't run Windows 10 setup, it just puts me back in the old Windows version.

Is there any way to boot into the Windows 10 setup from the UEFI shell?

:)

Jonathan White [MSFT], Dec 9, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 9, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    UEFI Forum Releases UEFI 2.3.1 Specification Update

The UEFI Forum has ratified an update to the UEFI 2.3.1 Specification that adds important firmware considerations and addresses numerous engineering change requests. The updated Specification will be referred to as “UEFI 2.3.1C”.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: An OS Indications Variable - OS/FW feature & capability communication – when implemented, allows end-users to make an OS menu request to enter BIOS setup after next reboot.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: A mechanism which, when implemented, facilitates Open Source Operating System installations and OS- agnostic end-user configurations of retaining the factory default keys while in Setup Mode (see Specification for full technical detail of Setup Mode).
    • UEFI 2.3.1C removes: Runtime driver requirement on Network UNDI drivers - this allows UNDI drivers to be delivered in EFI Byte Code (EBC) Virtual Machine format supporting systems based on different processor architectures.
    Complete details on UEFI 2.3.1C are available here.

The UEFI Forum’s UTWG (UEFI Test Working Group) is currently working on updating the SCT (Self-Certification Tests) to align with the latest spec changes. Please see www.uefi.org for more updates.

UEFI Summer Summit Interoperability & Education Event:
    Specification Update Benefits Windows 8 & Open Source OS Implementations Microsoft to Host UEFI Summer Summit, July 16-20, 2012 in Redmond, WA

The UEFI Testing Work Group (UTWG) and the UEFI Industry Communications Work Group (ICWG) from the Unified EFI (UEFI) Forum invite you to register for the upcoming UEFI Summer Summit: An Interoperability and Education Workshop being held this July at the Microsoft Campus in Redmond, WA.
    • Hosted by Microsoft, the event is sponsored by AMD, AMI, HP, Insyde, Intel, Microsoft & Phoenix.
    • Online registration for the UEFI Summer Summit can be found at here and here. Please note registration is scheduled to close on July 9th.
    The organizers specifically wish to encourage add-in card vendors to attend the Summit. This is the last planned Forum-sponsored opportunity to test Secure Boot functionality and the interoperability of cards with UEFI-compliant systems for 2012. With the serious industry interest in Secure Boot functionality, this Summit is an excellent opportunity to test interoperability, as well as discuss the technology with other industry members.

btarunr, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

Windows 10 update with custom UEFI driver?

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update with custom UEFI driver?

1. Windows 10 update with custom UEFI driver? - Similar Threads - update custom UEFI

2. Driver selection in custom install for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver selection in custom install for windows 10: I am installing windows 10 from a bootable USB flash drive after my windows 10 got corrupted on my HP laptop. I booted from USB and clicked custom install. the setup is now asking to select the driver to install. when I clicked on browse it shows "bootX:" and "ESD-USBC:". I...
  3. Driver selection in custom install for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver selection in custom install for windows 10: I am installing windows 10 from a bootable USB flash drive after my windows 10 got corrupted on my HP laptop. I booted from USB and clicked custom install. the setup is now asking to select the driver to install. when I clicked on browse it shows "bootX:" and "ESD-USBC:". I...
  4. Driver selection in custom install for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Machine driver slow in UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Machine driver slow in UEFI: I have a mouse like this, and it acting really slow. Sometimes the t.exe appears at close down. That's something else, but I don't think that is in use at startup.https://www.logitech.com/nl-be/products/mice/mx-master-3s.910-006559.htmlWhen the login screen appears the...
  6. Machine driver slow in UEFI

Machine driver slow in UEFI: I have a mouse like this, and it acting really slow. Sometimes the t.exe appears at close down. That's something else, but I don't think that is in use at startup.https://www.logitech.com/nl-be/products/mice/mx-master-3s.910-006559.htmlWhen the login screen appears the...
  7. How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver OEM customized drivers in Windows 10...

How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver OEM customized drivers in Windows 10...: actually, the problem was already noticed by AMD and given a solution, but even after following the Microsoft and AMD recommend step, it still doesn't affect the installation of OEM customized drivers for AMD, I just don't want the OEM customized drivers for AMD to install...
  8. How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver OEM customized drivers in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I prevent automatic updating a specific driver OEM customized drivers in Windows 10...: actually, the problem was already noticed by AMD and given a solution, but even after following the Microsoft and AMD recommend step, it still doesn't affect the installation of OEM customized drivers for AMD, I just don't want the OEM customized drivers for AMD to install...
  9. Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10: I am currently trying to install a new BIOS update for my HP Laptop. I have confirmed that there a new update available, but I'm concerned on how exactly to go through with it. I know I have to disable both my Anti-Virus software and Bitlocker Encryption, and I wanted make...
  10. Custom Boot Logo Windows 10 UEFI Boot Method? (Non-Legacy)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Boot Logo Windows 10 UEFI Boot Method? (Non-Legacy): Is there currently any way to configure a custom boot logo for UEFI booting? I can only find methods for Legacy users, but no luck with UEFI. I'm kind of new to custom boot logos, so if anybody could give me some information as to if it's possible first? Regards 43037

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uefi driver for windows 10

2. windows 10 uefi driver

3. uefi driver update

4. custom UEFI,
  5. uefi shell load driver from fw volume,
  6. what is a UEFI driver problem