Windows 10: Windows 10 update won't successfully installed after system migration to SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 update won't successfully installed after system migration to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; -----I'm not asking for an urgent solution here, Because both my friend and I have met this problem and tried all the ways we can find on all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NickWang1, Jun 13, 2019.

1. NickWang1 Win User

Windows 10 update won't successfully installed after system migration to SSD

-----I'm not asking for an urgent solution here, Because both my friend and I have met this problem and tried all the ways we can find on all sources-----

-------------------------------------Just hope the developers can aware of this----------------------------------------------

This happened once already when 1809 was published ( We had to update it via old disk and migrated it again.)

The 1903 update will fail and show "Requires a restart to finish the update" and will always be there after restarts.

But notice that all other cumulative updates for 1809 were received and installed successfully.

So it seems the update will only fail when changing OS versions.

We expect developer can fix this in the future

:)

NickWang1, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Teccmo Win User

Need to migrate Windows 10 installation to new SSD , it's a mess.

MiniTool Disk Partition Screenshot

Windows 10 update won't successfully installed after system migration to SSD [​IMG]

RYZEN5-PC (2018-07-15 15 41).zip

I did the Diskpart step that SWI2 explained in post #14 and rebooted, but I still see drive D having the system label.

Windows 10 update won't successfully installed after system migration to SSD [​IMG]

Teccmo, Jun 13, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Maybe try with the Windows update mini-tool, found here http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...dows-10-automatic-updates-and-spyware.218745/ , thanks to Mussels. it installed perfectly for me last night.

rtwjunkie, Jun 13, 2019
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

1. Windows 10 update won't successfully installed after system migration to SSD - Similar Threads - update won't successfully

2. migrate win 10 operating system to already installed SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    migrate win 10 operating system to already installed SSD: Hi, I have an ASUS laptop with win10 installed as as originally purchased. It has a 28GB hard drive, but this is now full and the machine is really slow, and cannot install windows updates. I've cleaned and compressed the c drive, but this has shown little improvement in...
  3. migrate win 10 operating system to already installed SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    migrate win 10 operating system to already installed SSD: Hi, I have an ASUS laptop with win10 installed as as originally purchased. It has a 28GB hard drive, but this is now full and the machine is really slow, and cannot install windows updates. I've cleaned and compressed the c drive, but this has shown little improvement in...
  4. migrate win 10 operating system to already installed SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Migrate Windows 10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate Windows 10 to SSD: Hi, I just bought a new Kingston A400 SSD for my new pc & want to install Windows 10 on it but the motherboard Asus Prime B660M-A Wifi D4 didn’t list SSD as bootable drive & it recognize the SSD in bios under AHCI mode. I use usb drive as window installer to install window on...
  6. Migrate Windows 10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrate Windows 10 to SSD: Hi, I just bought a new Kingston A400 SSD for my new pc & want to install Windows 10 on it but the motherboard Asus Prime B660M-A Wifi D4 didn’t list SSD as bootable drive & it recognize the SSD in bios under AHCI mode. I use usb drive as window installer to install window on...
  7. Migrate Windows 10 to SSD

8. MIGRATE WINDOWS 10 TO SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MIGRATE WINDOWS 10 TO SSD: Hi, I want to move windows 10 to a 120 GB SSD, but I have a 1 TB HDD, and I have used almost 80% of it. My plan is just to move windows 10 to the SSD and leave the HDD like it is. Is it possible?...
  9. Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive

Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive: Before I ask my question, I've read this post so I understand the basic procedure. My exact situation however is that I intend to keep the existing drive with Windows on it installed, but just transfer my Windows installation to a new SSD that I plan on installing. What do...
  10. Migration to SSD/HDD system

Migration to SSD/HDD system: Hi, I have a cloned copy of my existing HDD and am considering buying (or personaly upgrading to) a new system with a SSD and HDD. Obviously the current Windows installation is on a HDD, so is it possiblethat I could I restore the cloned Windows system to a SSD and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update issues after migrating to ssd