Windows 10: Windows 10 Update - You need to fix this now!

Discus and support Windows 10 Update - You need to fix this now! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Update Repeatedly Destroys my Application Environment. It clears my Outlook Accounts! It clears my Edge settings! it even goes into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by whgeiger, Mar 14, 2019.

1. whgeiger Win User

Windows 10 Update - You need to fix this now!

Windows 10 Update Repeatedly Destroys my Application Environment.

It clears my Outlook Accounts!

It clears my Edge settings!

it even goes into AutoCAD and clears my customization there!

it clears my task bar and then pins unwanted programs there as well!

What is going on guys?

Cease you upgrade policy NOW until YOU fix it!

You are violating one of the cardinal rules of professional computer programing:

"Do no mess with the user environment, particularly without user permission".

When will YOU take action to clear this matter?

William H. Geiger, CEO

Rockwell Accounting, LLC

Pensacola, Florida

:)

whgeiger, Mar 14, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Mar 14, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Mar 14, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update - You need to fix this now! - Similar Threads - Update need fix

2. Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!: Hello, I am running Windows 11 23H2 Home Insider Preview, and I am experiencing difficulties running Roblox, nothing opens.Is there any way to fix this without downgrading my operating system?If you are curious, here are my PC specifications below:...
  3. Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!: Hello, I am running Windows 11 23H2 Home Insider Preview, and I am experiencing difficulties running Roblox, nothing opens.Is there any way to fix this without downgrading my operating system?If you are curious, here are my PC specifications below:...
  4. " you need to fix your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " you need to fix your account": pls help me i just wanna play minecraft but i got logged out and i cant log into my microsoft account i dont have accses to the email of that account its on my phone that broke yesterday so i cant get the recovery code...
  5. " you need to fix your account"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    " you need to fix your account": pls help me i just wanna play minecraft but i got logged out and i cant log into my microsoft account i dont have accses to the email of that account its on my phone that broke yesterday so i cant get the recovery code...
  6. " you need to fix your account"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. need to update the windows 10 but need to fix an issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to update the windows 10 but need to fix an issue: the issue is , i need to manually uninstall the virtualbox , but before this i havent install it in my laptop . but it want me to manually uninstall the app . The problem is , i didnt find the virtual box either in control panel or apps and features pls help me , i need to...
  8. You can update to Windows 10 2009 now

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    You can update to Windows 10 2009 now: 2020-08 Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 20H2 via Enablement Package (KB4562830) http://b1.download.windowsupdate.com...874a1d4523.cab Installed in 5 seconds. Took about 60 seconds to reboot though [ATTACH] - - - Updated - - - How to restore the classic System...
  9. Windows 10 Update - You need to fix this now!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update - You need to fix this now!: Windows 10 Update Repeatedly Destroys my Application Environment. It clears my Outlook Accounts! It clears my Edge settings! it even goes into AutoCAD and clears my customization there! it clears my task bar and then pins unwanted programs there as well! What is going...
  10. this networking bug needs to be fixed NOW!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    this networking bug needs to be fixed NOW!!: This is b u l l s h i t. There is no way a massive bug like this slipped by all the insiders, bug bashes and testers and god knows what else. It has been weeks upon weeks, no fix yet? I am in a network folder, i go forward one folder for something, then i click back...