Windows 10: Windows 10 update

Discus and support Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all I have recently been informed that the version of Windows 10 that I am currently running will very shortly not be supported any more as it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Louise 72, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Louise 72 Win User

Windows 10 update

Hi all

I have recently been informed that the version of Windows 10 that I am currently running will very shortly not be supported any more as it's not the latest version. My laptop therefore did a huge update yesterday - it literally took all day - to install the latest update. On the final reboot of my laptop, a message appeared saying that all recent amends were being removed and my account reverted back to how it was before the update.

It now tells me that I cannot download the update on my laptop? We have three laptops at home - all various models and ages - but the oldest one is only 4 years old - and none of them will download this latest version.

Has anybody else come across this and what do we about it? I can't afford to replace my laptop and don't see why I should have to when it works perfectly well otherwise.

TYIA

Louise

:)

Louise 72, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 19, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 update

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update

1. Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - update

2. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  3. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  4. How can I update with my new email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I update with my new email?: I no longer have access to the email that is associated with my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-update-with-my-new-email/611deca4-0acb-4cd9-a1c8-594c4456f705
  5. My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open: I updated my divers on my computer and now I can’t open any apps not even the default ones such as setting and such I’m unsure of what to do any help would be nice...
  6. How can I update with my new email?

How can I update with my new email?: I no longer have access to the email that is associated with my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-update-with-my-new-email/611deca4-0acb-4cd9-a1c8-594c4456f705
  7. My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open

My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open: I updated my divers on my computer and now I can’t open any apps not even the default ones such as setting and such I’m unsure of what to do any help would be nice...
  8. How can I update with my new email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?: I have been trying to download this update in the image and it always fails to download no matter what I do. I have a genuine windows key and did all the easy troubleshooting like a reboot and even tried some guides online to no success. This is a major issue because...
  10. Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?

Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?: I have been trying to download this update in the image and it always fails to download no matter what I do. I have a genuine windows key and did all the easy troubleshooting like a reboot and even tried some guides online to no success. This is a major issue because...