Windows 10: Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.

Discus and support Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer did an automatic Windows 10 update a few days ago and ever since then Netflix and Chrome crash. How do I fix these problems?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SherylPry, Oct 11, 2018.

1. SherylPry Win User

Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.

My computer did an automatic Windows 10 update a few days ago and ever since then Netflix and Chrome crash. How do I fix these problems?

:)

SherylPry, Oct 11, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Harkanwar Singh Win User
    google chrome crashes in Windows 10

Hello Diane,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the exact error message when Google chrome crashes?

I understand chrome crashes in Windows 10. The issue might arise due to various reasons, including system file corruption or due to user profile corruption.

In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Krishna Prasobh V Win User

Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes. - Similar Threads - updated few days

2. Windows boot waaaay slow since two days ago

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows boot waaaay slow since two days ago: My Panasonic CF-SX2 laptop normally takes under 15 seconds from power on to password entry. Starting a day or three ago, it increased dramatically. I just clocked it at 2:20 minutes. I cannot think of any changes I have made to the machine so recently. I get the first...
  3. Windows 10 crashes every few days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crashes every few days: Hi I have this issue since April now. Windows 10 randomly crashes every few days. I have now changed 4 hdd's sent the ram for replacement, and have also sent the motherboard for tests. Wondering if anyone had similar problems. I.have Asus Z170a motherboard and 16gb ram...
  4. A few months ago One Drive started acting up after a windows update and since then it needs...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A few months ago One Drive started acting up after a windows update and since then it needs...: I know this is the wrong forum to post this in but with the OneDrive forum being locked, I have nowhere else to turn. So this has to be a close enough category. For a year now One Drive was working perfectly. But several months ago (I've lost track of how many) something...
  5. windows 10 will not load after an update 2 days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 will not load after an update 2 days ago: somebody please help me. isn't there a tech who can log onto to my computer and fix this? please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-will-not-load-after-an-update-2-days/19e55b1e-bc49-4e27-adfc-eb2d3a181d0e
  6. outlook.com / My Email Attachments folder disappeared a few days ago!

in Browsers and Email
    outlook.com / My Email Attachments folder disappeared a few days ago!: It's been nearly two years now since I read Brinks' article showing Microsoft's announcement of the introduction of the fabulous "Save to OneDrive". This was my Documents Menu: [img] and here it is now: [img] Might its disappearance have anything to do with the...
  7. I cannot safely eject usb drives since a few days ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot safely eject usb drives since a few days ago: Hello. Does anybody know if something has changed for w10 [16299.125]? Since a few days ago I cannot safely eject some usb pendrives because the OS says "something is using it", even though everything is closed. Could it be Windows Defender? How can I circumvent this?...
  8. Wifi disconnects randomly since windows 10 update 2 days ago.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnects randomly since windows 10 update 2 days ago.: Hi guys. Since installing the recent updates for Windows 10, every now and then my Wifi will just disconnect... Turning it back on is as simple as clicking on the Internet icon and clicking "connect" again, though I'm a gamer and when the connection drops out during games...
  9. Since updating to 10 there is a few issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Since updating to 10 there is a few issues.: Hi all my friend updated to windows 10 a few months ago. There are a couple of issue. She has a Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5120 original operating system 8.1 64bit Okay here is the issue. One streaming is lagging. Two browser freezes on both IE and Firefox.. Here is what...
  10. Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.: Title. Plugging an external keyboard in and pressing the windows key seems to work, pressing the windows button on my mouse seems to bring up the start menu. Only problem is with the laptop keyboard. I've taken the key off, checked it and everything. No problems there: No...