Windows 10: Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.

Discus and support Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer did an automatic Windows 10 update a few days ago and ever since then Netflix and Chrome crash. How do I fix these problems?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SherylPry, Oct 11, 2018.

1. SherylPry Win User

Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.

My computer did an automatic Windows 10 update a few days ago and ever since then Netflix and Chrome crash. How do I fix these problems?

:)

SherylPry, Oct 11, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 11, 2018
  3. google chrome crashes in Windows 10

Hello Diane,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the exact error message when Google chrome crashes?

I understand chrome crashes in Windows 10. The issue might arise due to various reasons, including system file corruption or due to user profile corruption.

In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.

Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.

1. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes. - Similar Threads - updated few days

2. Since installing windows update a few days ago , brightness setting disappeared, audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since installing windows update a few days ago , brightness setting disappeared, audio...: I am using a Lenovo laptop. After installing an update a few days ago several things have gone haywire.Brightness is high but can't be changed. The slider from taskbar has disappeared, searching for brightness in settings doesn't yield any results and using the keyboard...
  3. Since installing windows update a few days ago , brightness setting disappeared, audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since installing windows update a few days ago , brightness setting disappeared, audio...: I am using a Lenovo laptop. After installing an update a few days ago several things have gone haywire.Brightness is high but can't be changed. The slider from taskbar has disappeared, searching for brightness in settings doesn't yield any results and using the keyboard...
  4. VPN won't connect since a few days ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN won't connect since a few days ago: So for the last few days I have tried everything to fix this, but I found no fix to the issue of the VPN not working. I tried the provider even but it does work with older versions of Windows 11 64-bit. Does anyone know why it doesn't work suddenly?Information:Windows 11...
  5. VPN won't connect since a few days ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN won't connect since a few days ago: So for the last few days I have tried everything to fix this, but I found no fix to the issue of the VPN not working. I tried the provider even but it does work with older versions of Windows 11 64-bit. Does anyone know why it doesn't work suddenly?Information:Windows 11...
  6. Computer keeps crashing ever since I updated Windows a week ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps crashing ever since I updated Windows a week ago: Ever since I updated Windows a little over a week ago my computer has started crashing. Its done it three times now all while I've been doing regular web browsing and watching videos. I even updated my computer again early this morning just to see if that would fix things but...
  7. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  8. Last windows update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last windows update a few days ago: Since the windows 10 update a few days ago, a lot of my Microsoft products do not seem to be working properly. It seems odd to me that they release these updates before they see how they react with programs etc that they manage. Like Microsoft Solitaire. It keeps turning...
  9. Ever since my Windows updated a few days ago, my save as and upload file pop-up window is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ever since my Windows updated a few days ago, my save as and upload file pop-up window is...: A few days ago Windows had an update. Everything is working fine so far except for when I want to save something to my computer or upload a file. When I select either, the pop-up window with my files does open, but as soon as I click on anything within the window, it becomes...
  10. Blue Screen of Death starting since a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen of Death starting since a few days ago.: so i am a Windows Insider i had 1903 for ages and didnt know about its BSOD issues till recently. Now every 30 mins my computer is going to blue / green wcreen of death. I first tried reverting to normal windows 10 with no sucess. Reseated my memory and cables inside the...