Windows 10: Windows 10 updated again, this time it fixes Explorer...

Discus and support Windows 10 updated again, this time it fixes Explorer... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Explorer.exe continuously crashes after you upgrade to Windows Server Technical Preview or Windows 10 Technical Preview Interesting but it's still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Dec 2, 2014.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 updated again, this time it fixes Explorer...

BunnyJ, Dec 2, 2014
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Here's what happens:
    1. I check for the update(s) and I get this:

Windows 10 updated again, this time it fixes Explorer... [​IMG]

It indicates that there is an important update that needs to be done.
    2 Now I check what update it is:

It's the update mentioned above.
    3. Now I try to install it and I get this:

But when I go to the history I get this:

I wonder what's up/wrong??

BunnyJ, Dec 2, 2014
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 2, 2014
  4. rmonroe36 Win User

KB3020114 fix that worked for me: (from KB3020114 Fails to Install - Microsoft Community)

By trying the MELERIX's way, there still the same problem remained.
    So I checked the previously installed windows updates
    KB3019269
    KB3018943
    KB3016725
    KB3016656(*)
    and uninstalled them all.
    Then I tried to update Windows updates, then the following new updates appeared.
    KB3020114
    KB3016725
    KB3019269
    KB3018943
    As above the update KB3020114 is normally installed and no repeatation of updates!
    * This KB3016656 is discussed as "suspicious update" on the internet (ie.Suspicious update)

Rich

rmonroe36, Dec 2, 2014
  5. I got my updates today when I opened 10. At first got a message that updates couldn't download as other updates were in progress try again later.

At that point I left it to do something else and on going back into Updates had the message about a restart would take place or I could do it now. I restarted and on checking everything installed successfully.

Joan Archer, Dec 2, 2014
  6. labeeman Win User
    Did that and the explorer update installed. Thanks

labeeman, Dec 2, 2014
  7. Winuser Win User
    Isn't the fix for Explorer ? why are you talking about IE ? Sorry! My Bad! *Redface

Winuser, Dec 3, 2014
  8. linw Win User

Getting sick of this update cycling around. Tried the sfc /scannow and uninstalling the updates but to no avail.

Hope MS replaces this with one that works.

9. BunnyJ New Member
    I just tried out the suggestion in post #17 and it works fine.
    The update was successful!

BunnyJ, Dec 3, 2014
  10. dencal Win User
    Have not had any problems regarding a suspicious update, everything working normally, see attachment below.

dencal, Dec 3, 2014
  11. Strangely, I had zero issues with updating and Widows Explorer did not have to be restarted for several hours session with a couple of web pages with video open, which previously has led to restarting Explorer within 20 minutes repeteadly. SO it seem that the update worked for me as intended.

Olivir2014, Dec 3, 2014
  12. Trust_No1 Win User
    Using the Old School Method of IE > Windows Update....
    I received a fail message for 4 updates (1 being Windows defender)
    so
    I switched over the to Charms Bar and did the PC Settings and Updates and Recovery...
    this time it went through just fine

uuuum, so what am I supposed to see that is different?

Trust_No1, Dec 3, 2014
  13. BunnyJ New Member

It's a patch to Explorer not IE and it's to prevent/reduce freeze ups.

BunnyJ, Dec 3, 2014
  14. The update appeared to work without problems, but after I rebooted and checked Windows Update, it said the same update was available! I ignored that, rebooted again, and this time, said I was up to date. So, it looks like it does not update the Windows Update status properly after the update is applied. After today's boot, it also says I'm up to date.

Mark Phelps, Dec 3, 2014
  15. linw Win User
    I just tried out the suggestion in post #17 and it works fine.
    The update was successful! Re-did the delete/update and now it has worked!! Yea.

The first time I deleted from the last item to the first and there were some things it couldn't do so this time I started from the top and the uninstalls all worked fine.

I never had the Explorer crashes, anyway, so won't see any difference.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 updated again, this time it fixes Explorer... - Similar Threads - updated again fixes

2. WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again: Hello,Ever since I have owned my Windows 11 laptop 3 months I have this issues relating to WiFi.When I start my laptop everything works fine - I can surf the net quickly and the online speed tests are fine. The problem is - when I leave the laptop for an hour or so the speed...
  3. WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again: Hello,Ever since I have owned my Windows 11 laptop 3 months I have this issues relating to WiFi.When I start my laptop everything works fine - I can surf the net quickly and the online speed tests are fine. The problem is - when I leave the laptop for an hour or so the speed...
  4. Windows 10 Explorer, Search by time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Explorer, Search by time: Is there a way to set the criteria in the Search Box with Time and Date? I'm trying to find any files that are affected in the whole computer by any changes I make to a certain file, e.g. Accounting Journals 2021....
  5. Windows 10 Explorer, Search by time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Explorer, Search by time: Is there a way to set the criteria in the Search Box with Time and Date? I'm trying to find any files that are affected in the whole computer by any changes I make to a certain file, e.g. Accounting Journals 2021....
  6. Windows 10 Explorer, Search by time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. File Explorer Crashing again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Crashing again and again: Hello, My File Explorer is crashing again and again, even after restarting the computer. I even switched off my laptop completely and started again... Still the problem couldn't get solved and file explorer is crashing again. So Kindly help me with this issue....
  8. Windows keeps updating again and again... 3-4 times a day and restarting all the time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keeps updating again and again... 3-4 times a day and restarting all the time: Has anyone else been seeing this? See my update history below.. seems like everything fails?[ATTACH]e update to Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-05C...
  9. Again new update and again explorer not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Again new update and again explorer not responding: As title says again explorer not responding after updating and all i get is black screen. Tried running SFC/SCANNOW It found corrupted files and fixed them, but it didn't fix anything....
  10. Fixing issues with windows 10 time auto-update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fixing issues with windows 10 time auto-update: When your device system clock keeps updating to a different time than that which is current in your time zone, always set the date and time to auto-update and set the time zone manually. This ensures that the time is set in accordance to an explicitly defined time zone, and...