Windows 10: Windows 10 updated again, this time it fixes Explorer...

Discus and support Windows 10 updated again, this time it fixes Explorer... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With KB3020114 installed. It does not seem to fix anything. Specially with this problem: https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...ram-usage.html Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Dec 2, 2014.

1. topgundcp Win User

Windows 10 updated again, this time it fixes Explorer...

topgundcp, Dec 3, 2014

2. After updating VMWare Player to 7.0 and doing a bunch of defrags, my 9879 VM was stable, if slow. I made the mistake of trying to apply the updates. The old "we could not do the updates so now we are undoing what we just did. Don't turn off the machine" bit. Of course it just hangs. VM erased.

I'll try again with new build ISOs. Updates never seem to work well for me.

MilesAhead, Dec 4, 2014
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    I just tried out the suggestion in post #17 and it works fine.
    The update was successful! Re-did the delete/update and now it has worked!! Yea.

The first time I deleted from the last item to the first and there were some things it couldn't do so this time I started from the top and the uninstalls all worked fine.

I never had the Explorer crashes, anyway, so won't see any difference. I had it freeze up a few times but for me, at least, it's seems to have fixed this issue, so far. *Wink

I don't think that issue was addressed in this patch. Hopefully it will soon.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Dec 4, 2014
  4. Charlie Win User

Good golly miss Molly it's about time. Sixth time is a charm.*Cool

Charlie, Dec 4, 2014
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Well, I thought this addressed the issue with explorer.exe crashing and the problem above was caused by explorer.exe so it is somewhat related.
    @Charlie,
    Look at post #17 and follow it to install the update.

topgundcp, Dec 4, 2014
  6. Charlie Win User
    Thanks Top. I had seen the MELERIX's way and a couple of other suggestions. I just left it alone as I was not having any crashes. And then today I look at update history and it had installed. Nothing I did. Good day to you. *Cool

Charlie, Dec 4, 2014
  7. I'm using VMware Player to run W10 and I haven't had the problems that you and jimbo45 have experienced.

Maybe it is a RAM issue.
    I notice your specs say 4 GB

I've got 8 GB (1333) on my real PC.
    IIRC, my W10 VM has 2 GB allocated to it.

My W10 VM (on Linux Mint 17) seems to run as fast as my real W7 install.

lehnerus2000, Dec 5, 2014
  8. Windows 10 updated again, this time it fixes Explorer...

I just installed KB3020114 with no problems.
    I really don't know if it fixed Windows Explorer because I don't think I was having a problem.

Layback Bear, Dec 5, 2014
  9. I'm using VMware Player to run W10 and I haven't had the problems that you and jimbo45 have experienced.

Maybe it is a RAM issue.
    I notice your specs say 4 GB

I've got 8 GB (1333) on my real PC.
    IIRC, my W10 VM has 2 GB allocated to it.

My W10 VM (on Linux Mint 17) seems to run as fast as my real W7 install. I have or have had Vista x64 W7 x64 and W7 32 bit and Linux Mint 17 Mate VMs. All are a bit slower than the real W8 host, but stable and usable. W10 was getting stable until I tried to update.

This Laptop isn't great at booting though. If I use a restore point it takes like 20 minutes to process, instead of 5 or less on my desktop machines.

MilesAhead, Dec 5, 2014
  10. netuser Win User
    Sadly it doesn't fix that issue and I am surprised that they did not fixed that, it is so annoying i cant watch any video without this happens and I use my laptop connected to TV to watch my movies and TV shows. I hope they fix this soon.

netuser, Dec 6, 2014
  11. Ouch! *Eek

lehnerus2000, Dec 6, 2014
  12. Ouch! *Eek Yeah 2 days after I got it I hosed some setting and had to use an RP. I thought I was done for. But after 20 minutes it finally cycled and I was OK. Needless to say that's the only RP I've run to completion. I don't have that kind of patience. *Smile

MilesAhead, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 updated again, this time it fixes Explorer... - Similar Threads - updated again fixes

2. WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again: Hello,Ever since I have owned my Windows 11 laptop 3 months I have this issues relating to WiFi.When I start my laptop everything works fine - I can surf the net quickly and the online speed tests are fine. The problem is - when I leave the laptop for an hour or so the speed...
  3. WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again: Hello,Ever since I have owned my Windows 11 laptop 3 months I have this issues relating to WiFi.When I start my laptop everything works fine - I can surf the net quickly and the online speed tests are fine. The problem is - when I leave the laptop for an hour or so the speed...
  4. Windows 10 Explorer, Search by time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Explorer, Search by time: Is there a way to set the criteria in the Search Box with Time and Date? I'm trying to find any files that are affected in the whole computer by any changes I make to a certain file, e.g. Accounting Journals 2021....
  5. Windows 10 Explorer, Search by time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Explorer, Search by time: Is there a way to set the criteria in the Search Box with Time and Date? I'm trying to find any files that are affected in the whole computer by any changes I make to a certain file, e.g. Accounting Journals 2021....
  6. Windows 10 Explorer, Search by time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. File Explorer Crashing again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Crashing again and again: Hello, My File Explorer is crashing again and again, even after restarting the computer. I even switched off my laptop completely and started again... Still the problem couldn't get solved and file explorer is crashing again. So Kindly help me with this issue....
  8. Windows keeps updating again and again... 3-4 times a day and restarting all the time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keeps updating again and again... 3-4 times a day and restarting all the time: Has anyone else been seeing this? See my update history below.. seems like everything fails?[ATTACH]e update to Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-05C...
  9. Again new update and again explorer not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Again new update and again explorer not responding: As title says again explorer not responding after updating and all i get is black screen. Tried running SFC/SCANNOW It found corrupted files and fixed them, but it didn't fix anything....
  10. Fixing issues with windows 10 time auto-update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fixing issues with windows 10 time auto-update: When your device system clock keeps updating to a different time than that which is current in your time zone, always set the date and time to auto-update and set the time zone manually. This ensures that the time is set in accordance to an explicitly defined time zone, and...