Windows 10: Windows 10 updated and I want my old Mail icon back

Discus and support Windows 10 updated and I want my old Mail icon back in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know I can change the desktop icons through Settings->Personalization->Themes, but I can't figure out how to change the icon of the app on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CwColdwell, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 updated and I want my old Mail icon back

I know I can change the desktop icons through Settings->Personalization->Themes, but I can't figure out how to change the icon of the app on my taskbar. It's all 3-D and bubbly and I hate it

submitted by /u/CwColdwell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CwColdwell, Feb 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Error Ox85050041. Mail app not syncing e-mails and Windows update not working.

Hello Linda,

We understand now that your are facing issue with your e-mail syncing in Mail app and Windows update not working. Let's try the steps below and check if it works:

Step 1: Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps:

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Step 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 3:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 updated and I want my old Mail icon back :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 updated and I want my old Mail icon back

Archived mails are missing in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi John,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the Steps below and check.

Step 1: Check the sync settings in Mail app.

• Open Mail app and Hoover mouse point on top.
    • Next to Search icon you can seen Sync this View.
    • Click on the icon and let it Sync.
    • Close and reopen Mail app and check Archived mails.

If issue persist follow next Step.

Step 2: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to find Archive files in Mail app. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 updated and I want my old Mail icon back

1. Windows 10 updated and I want my old Mail icon back - Similar Threads - updated old Mail

2. I want my old system back.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want my old system back.: I am not going to pay for this new one if there is a fee. When I try to download photos from my I Phone it downloads 399 photos each time with no option of choosing photos. I would like my old screen back. I have tried to remove the One drive app.. But it still appears in my...
  3. I want my old system back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my old system back.: I am not going to pay for this new one if there is a fee. When I try to download photos from my I Phone it downloads 399 photos each time with no option of choosing photos. I would like my old screen back. I have tried to remove the One drive app.. But it still appears in my...
  4. I want my old system back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i want my old mails and photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want my old mails and photos: i want my old mails and photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-old-mails-and-photos/f00241a1-7809-4b12-a647-561233823fc4
  6. i want my old mails and photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want my old mails and photos: i want my old mails and photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-old-mails-and-photos/f00241a1-7809-4b12-a647-561233823fc4
  7. I want to get my old password back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to get my old password back: Hi, I want to get back my old password because I don't feel comfortable changing the password every 72 days , as it is very annoying to me making me change non stop when my account is the only account in the computer having the fact that I am the administrative. Is there any...
  8. WANT MY OLD GENUINE WINDOW BACK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WANT MY OLD GENUINE WINDOW BACK: once i use cracked version of window 10 pro in my laptop. nw it is little bit lagging and hanging too...so can i get my old genuine window 10 home single window back....
  9. I want my old windows 7 games back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my old windows 7 games back: I hate Freecell and Spider Solitaire and all the rest of the 'included' games that come with Windows 7. Not only are the mechanics and the graphics crap, the advertising really bugs me--this is what we pay M$ for when we purchase or upgrade the OS? I have seen some...
  10. I want my icons back

in Windows 10 Support
    I want my icons back: When I upgraded to Windows 10 all my icons disappeared and became light blue images of fx a camera for .bmp files. How do I get my icons back that show a preview of what the file looks like, please? 33525