Windows 10: Windows 10 updated and now it keeps deleting .dll or zip files i downloaded

Discus and support Windows 10 updated and now it keeps deleting .dll or zip files i downloaded in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i updated drivers and windows and has been working greate and untill i tried to download a .dll or anything suspicious i know its a threat but i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TiiZiiX, Jan 9, 2021.

1. TiiZiiX Win User

Windows 10 updated and now it keeps deleting .dll or zip files i downloaded

So i updated drivers and windows and has been working greate and untill i tried to download a .dll or anything suspicious i know its a threat but i still want it and windows keeps deleting it without my permission i have tried all solutions on lots of microsoft comments and helps but non of them worked i think its a something running from services cuz i downloaded a .zip and opened task manager i see something poping up deleting the file then disapears cant even click to stop it i have all windows anti virus off i got no anti virus downloaded i did exclusions on windwos security but still not working, and btw the thing that pops up on task manager is not a virus or anything bad its from windows, i tried the solutions and now its not poping up but still files get deleted when i download, please help? i got no usb so i can't try that.

:)

TiiZiiX, Jan 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jan 9, 2021
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Tintai Win User

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 updated and now it keeps deleting .dll or zip files i downloaded - Similar Threads - updated keeps deleting

2. Zip file that won't delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zip file that won't delete: Hello, I have been trying to delete an unextracted zip file from my documents. However, when I try to delete it, a message comes up saying that an unexpected error is keeping me from deleting the file....
  3. I deleted a dll file by mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted a dll file by mistake: I deleted the applicationmodel.dll file and now my PC keeps flickering. I can't do anything at all. If u know how to fix can u please help. It was from the system32 folder....
  4. I deleted a dll file by mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted a dll file by mistake: I deleted the applicationmodel.dll file and now my PC keeps flickering. I can't do anything at all. If u know how to fix can u please help. It was from the system32 folder....
  5. I deleted a dll file by mistake

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted a dll file by mistake: I deleted the applicationmodel.dll file and now my PC keeps flickering. I can't do anything at all. If u know how to fix can u please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-dll-file-by-mistake/266739fc-a28b-479f-afc7-69858af967b5
  6. on download zip file some files deleted

on download zip file some files deleted: I wanted to package my OS this evening, Then I saw weird behaviour. Whenever I download a zip file, Some files get deleted, Is there a way to fix this? Yes storage sense is on, But it runs at low disk space while my free disk space is 108 GB....
  7. Deleting .dll Files??

Deleting .dll Files??: I've seen three different methods of deleting .dll files, and trust me when I say that I have doneALL OF THEM. I have attempted to force delete using del /f, unregister using Regsvr32 /u /s, and even double-checking to make sure I have administrative powers over the file...
  8. Downloading a zip file

Downloading a zip file: I purchased turbo tax online and keep getting the error below while trying to install it, what should I do? Thank You! could not write value DefaultTokenId to key...
  9. I Can't Download Zip files

in Windows 10 Support
    I Can't Download Zip files: I also cannot edit any of my files. I get messages saying I have to have Admin permissions. I am the Admin. I want to get a web page up and running but if I can't edit files and download zips I'm screwed. Anybody know how fix this? I hate to think I paid $800 for a...
  10. Zip file downloads.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Zip file downloads.: I have been struggling with tweaking my newly restored Win 10. Nearly every set of instructions that I follow is wrong. I am continuously downloading the same program repeatedly. I am doing tasks two or three times before it fully responds. It can't be just me. To...