Windows 10: Windows 10 updated and now pin does not work

Discus and support Windows 10 updated and now pin does not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 updated laptop that was given to me used and now I can not use the pin to OPEN UP the laptop. The account name is in the old name of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VickiS702, Aug 1, 2020.

1. VickiS702 Win User

Windows 10 updated and now pin does not work

Windows 10 updated laptop that was given to me used and now I can not use the pin to OPEN UP the laptop. The account name is in the old name of the person that had it before and they are now deceased. So I can not ask them any information. I just want to open up my computer and I have no idea how . Unless I can somehow change the contact information on the account to my email address? anyone know how to do that? Windows 10 and all of the constant updates suck.

:)

VickiS702, Aug 1, 2020
  2. eidairaman1, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Get Windows 10 now, no line, Force the update

If your tired of waiting like I was on a few machines, here is the simple way to get Windows 10 Update to forcibly start ahead of waiting in the line.

1: Go to Windows Update, change the settings by clicking both check boxes under Microsoft Update and Recommended Updates.

2: Then Change the Important Updates Area to say "Install updates Automatically" on the drop down menu.

3: Next open up CMD by right clicking on it and saying "Run as Administrator" (If you do not know where CMD is just click the start search area and type CMD)

4: Once CMD is opened, type this command (But do not hit enter yet) wuauclt.exe /updatenow

5: Next go back to the Windows update area and click "Check for Updates"

6: Now go back to the CMD line and hit enter

You should now be downloading Windows 10.

It worked on every machine I have done this method for, you just have to have all the settings exactly what I listed and it works fine (Some people were not changing the Important Updates area drop down to say "Install Updates Automatically" which I found is required).

Hope this helps some of yall who want to get Windows 10 now, works great for me!

GhostRyder, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 updated and now pin does not work - Similar Threads - updated pin does

2. Updated Bios Now Windows Hello Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated Bios Now Windows Hello Does Not Work: I updated my bios due to a new exploit and wanted to be secure now I cant use windows hello pin at all if im signed into my Microsoft account had to convert my account to a local. It seems to work annoying but it works, but now I am unable to use the xbox app due to not being...
  3. Updated Bios Now Windows Hello Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated Bios Now Windows Hello Does Not Work: I updated my bios due to a new exploit and wanted to be secure now I cant use windows hello pin at all if im signed into my Microsoft account had to convert my account to a local. It seems to work annoying but it works, but now I am unable to use the xbox app due to not being...
  4. Windows Hello pin does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello pin does not work: Hello,Windows Hello keeps prompting me to set-up a PIN number and it keeps giving me the below error.Please give me a solution to set-up the PIN, tell me how to stop getting the annoying prompt every time I log in,or how to delete Windows Hello from my PC. I have already...
  5. Windows Hello pin does not work

Windows Hello pin does not work: Hello,Windows Hello keeps prompting me to set-up a PIN number and it keeps giving me the below error.Please give me a solution to set-up the PIN, tell me how to stop getting the annoying prompt every time I log in,or how to delete Windows Hello from my PC. I have already...
  6. PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working: Hello,I'm using Windows 11 fully updated. My PIN stopped working about a week ago. I try to set it up again, the process starts with the Microsoft Account window opening, it's thinking, and then the window just closes. I can log in using a password, but I can't use Hello or...
  7. PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working

PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working: Hello,I'm using Windows 11 fully updated. My PIN stopped working about a week ago. I try to set it up again, the process starts with the Microsoft Account window opening, it's thinking, and then the window just closes. I can log in using a password, but I can't use Hello or...
  8. Pin to Start does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin to Start does not work: Hello Experts:I upgrade my Win10 to Win11 today but I have two major problems1.The "pin to start" function does not work for my Win11, what could be the problem and how to fix it?2.Each time I use the embeded snipping tool to take a snapshot, the window system freezes deadI...
  9. Windows updated to version 21H1 and now the Internet does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows updated to version 21H1 and now the Internet does not work: I upgraded my PC and my browser keeps sending me to a routing login page. I tried reverting the update without help and when I fix the problem it tells me that I have to log in for the internet to work. and i am using ethernet....
  10. Pin does not work for login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin does not work for login: Hi, I am on latest insider build 14372. For the past view insider builds on this particular machine I can no longer in via pin. Always says incorrect. It use to work. It works on my other machine with same build. I can login with my MS account and change pin.? 55086