Windows 10: Windows 10 updated and now pin does not work

Discus and support Windows 10 updated and now pin does not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 updated laptop that was given to me used and now I can not use the pin to OPEN UP the laptop. The account name is in the old name of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VickiS702, Aug 1, 2020 at 3:02 PM.

1. VickiS702 Win User

Windows 10 updated and now pin does not work

Windows 10 updated laptop that was given to me used and now I can not use the pin to OPEN UP the laptop. The account name is in the old name of the person that had it before and they are now deceased. So I can not ask them any information. I just want to open up my computer and I have no idea how . Unless I can somehow change the contact information on the account to my email address? anyone know how to do that? Windows 10 and all of the constant updates suck.

:)

2. eidairaman1, Aug 1, 2020 at 3:05 PM
  3. Get Windows 10 now, no line, Force the update

If your tired of waiting like I was on a few machines, here is the simple way to get Windows 10 Update to forcibly start ahead of waiting in the line.

1: Go to Windows Update, change the settings by clicking both check boxes under Microsoft Update and Recommended Updates.

2: Then Change the Important Updates Area to say "Install updates Automatically" on the drop down menu.

3: Next open up CMD by right clicking on it and saying "Run as Administrator" (If you do not know where CMD is just click the start search area and type CMD)

4: Once CMD is opened, type this command (But do not hit enter yet) wuauclt.exe /updatenow

5: Next go back to the Windows update area and click "Check for Updates"

6: Now go back to the CMD line and hit enter

You should now be downloading Windows 10.

It worked on every machine I have done this method for, you just have to have all the settings exactly what I listed and it works fine (Some people were not changing the Important Updates area drop down to say "Install Updates Automatically" which I found is required).

Hope this helps some of yall who want to get Windows 10 now, works great for me!

4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 updated and now pin does not work - Similar Threads - updated pin does

2. Windows 10 update now PC not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update now PC not working: Hi, My PC did the latest windows update today and now my PC doesn’t work. It loads up a windows setup page when booting the PC up and i go through it all. When the PC reboots it loads the same set up page and i have tried to repeat, tried to repair and looked at other...
  3. windows critical update August 13, now computer does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows critical update August 13, now computer does not work: Notice of update and the need to restart. Upon restart screen went to 100% and then stayed there for overnight. I tried connecting with a startup disk where I tried to restore to before the update. Screen is still solid gray. S0 I got to the boot menu and ran a system quick...
  4. installed update now hyper-v does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installed update now hyper-v does not work: Yesterday morning wndows 10 asked me to install an update, but now my hyper-v virtual machines done't work. I am about to **** because I had some private PGP keys stored in there. Can you please hellp me?...
  5. Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903: I have been using this .ps1 since Win10 v1803 and now it does not work. I setup new/reloaded computers 10 to 15 times a month for our customers and this script helps cut down my setup time, be it may only be 30 seconds but that time adds up over the year. Below is a sample of...
  6. Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unpin/Pin .ps1 does not work on Windows 10 v1903: I have been using this .ps1 since Win10 v1803 and now it does not work. I setup new/reloaded computers 10 to 15 times a month for our customers and this script helps cut down my setup time, be it may only be 30 seconds but that time adds up over the year. Below is a sample of...
  7. Pinterest pin does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinterest pin does not work: I can not pin to pinterest using my desktop windows 10. I have loaded and deleted the pin button several times. When I try to pin something I get the gray window with the lock button at the top left....
  8. Pin does not work for login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin does not work for login: Hi, I am on latest insider build 14372. For the past view insider builds on this particular machine I can no longer in via pin. Always says incorrect. It use to work. It works on my other machine with same build. I can login with my MS account and change pin.? 55086
  9. Windows update now working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update now working: I am not sure if some weird forum already exist but after searching a lot I decide to put it here that I having trouble updating my windows. I have done all search and actions but nothing seems working. When I run update never complete ever. I know after u see picture u would...
  10. External monitor worked, but now does not!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor worked, but now does not!: Hello all, I have never posted any questions or replies to these types of sites before, but here it goes. I own an "Unbranded" (that IS the OEM) 10.1" tablet that I upgraded to Win 10. I seem to have good luck up until now, I used win+p to set an external monitor to extend...