Windows 10: Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences.

Discus and support Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded newest Windows 10 update today. After my PC restarted, all of my settings were back to default and I lost my favorites in Microsoft Edge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RyanMarlow1, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences.

I downloaded newest Windows 10 update today. After my PC restarted, all of my settings were back to default and I lost my favorites in Microsoft Edge. How do I restore this, and why did this happen in the first place??

:)

RyanMarlow1, Apr 7, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    Windows Keeps resetting app preferences

Hi DanielGibbons,

We understand that you are having issues with your Windows app preferences. Please answer the questions below so we can assist you further:

• What specific update was applied on your Windows 10?
    • Did it also reset your PC settings configuration, or just the app preferences specifically for videos and picture files?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, you can also try the steps below and check if it will work:

1. Perform a clean boot.
    It will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. Also, it helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program, or an update, or when you run a program in Windows.

2. Once done, try to set again your preferences for videos and picture files.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anna Bon, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences.

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences.

1. Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences. - Similar Threads - updated reset settings

2. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  3. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  4. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update resets ALL windows settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update resets ALL windows settings: I have been getting windows updates for years. Each time windows updates, I must re-setup windows all over again.That means I must go thru the "Setup Windows" then have to reset every setting back to what works.What can we do to fix this ?...
  6. Windows update resets ALL windows settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update resets ALL windows settings: I have been getting windows updates for years. Each time windows updates, I must re-setup windows all over again.That means I must go thru the "Setup Windows" then have to reset every setting back to what works.What can we do to fix this ?...
  7. Windows reseted all my settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reseted all my settings: So today, after a long day work on my computer, I signed out of my pc and left it. 5 minutes later when I signed in back again, a strange message that I have never seen before popped up saying 'Preparing Windows'. Surprised to see this, I waited. After 15 minutes my PC signed...
  8. Windows update reset all my settings!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update reset all my settings!?: Hi, I updated my Windows to the lastest build. Now Edge is my default browser, I have lost all my extensions and opened pages on other browsers I use routinely. My Calibre ebook manager has been wiped out, dropbox has been removed, and all my downloads have been erased....
  9. Why did windows 10 reset all of my user preferences?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did windows 10 reset all of my user preferences?: I logged onto my pc yesterday and I got an error about losing my user info. After going in, all of the aesthetic options, default apps, backgrounds, desktop setup, certain drivers, logins, and even the data of most applications were deleted. Is this because of a corrupted...
  10. Setting update preferences in windows 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting update preferences in windows 1903: Hi there I've just done the update to windows 10 (Pro) 1903 I went to the updates options to see what options i have, and so far as i can tell the controls for targeted updates, and the ability to defer an update for a specified amount of days has gone. I'm aware that i...