Windows 10: Windows 10 "Updated Audio Drivers" and now Realtek and my headphones do not work

Discus and support Windows 10 "Updated Audio Drivers" and now Realtek and my headphones do not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had previously installed the RealTek Audio Driver 6.0.8960.1 through ASUS Armoury Crate and the audio was working great but I has having issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WhyDidWindowsDoThis, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Windows 10 "Updated Audio Drivers" and now Realtek and my headphones do not work

I had previously installed the RealTek Audio Driver 6.0.8960.1 through ASUS Armoury Crate and the audio was working great but I has having issues with the microphone in my headset. I clicked "toubleshoot" when debugging the issue which prompted Windows to "update to the latest audio driver". I did not want to do this.Now I cannot operate my Realtek software, it does not show up in the device manager and the front headphone port on my computer does not work at all.I tried re-installing Realtek using the installer in ProgramFiles but it doesnt do anything. Now I am stuck with "Microsoft Trusted

:)

WhyDidWindowsDoThis, Jul 31, 2021
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 31, 2021
  3. JoeBoyka Win User

Everything is working *Smile Windows 10 "Updated Audio Drivers" and now Realtek and my headphones do not work :)

JoeBoyka, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Jayce Win User

Windows 10 "Updated Audio Drivers" and now Realtek and my headphones do not work

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 "Updated Audio Drivers" and now Realtek and my headphones do not work

1. Windows 10 "Updated Audio Drivers" and now Realtek and my headphones do not work - Similar Threads - Updated Audio Drivers

2. External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers: Hi, everyone, When I try to use the microphone on my new Dell Inspiron 3880 desktop, it is not working. I have tried to solve it by following ways. Still, it remains a dame. But the Headphone works perfectly. * Install the latest audio drives * Removed the latest drives and...
  3. Realtek audio drivers not working

Realtek audio drivers not working: Around a week ago my computer was acting weird so i decided to restart it, when it booted back up i realized that there was no audio and that the Realtek audio drivers have deleted themselves, i tried to reinstall them without success.I have tried literally everything from...
  4. External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers

External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers: Hi,I have been having a problem over the past couple of weeks where my laptop, Gigabyte Aero 15 WA, no longer uses the microphone from my earbuds that I would like to use and rather just uses the laptop's built-in microphone. The audio output to my earbuds works just fine...
  5. Audio not working with Realtek Drivers

Audio not working with Realtek Drivers: About a week ago, I discovered that the audio on my PC wasn't working. My speakers have a volume knob and I keep them turned off 90% of the time so I don't know how long this has actually been a problem, but I actually discovered it last week when I tried to turn my speakers...
  6. Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work

Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work: I realized a few weeks back my headphones stopped working. Realtek HD audio manager does not display a headphone device. They originally worked. After digging around all this time, I think the headphones originally worked because the Win 10 driver was originally in use, and I...
  7. Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work

Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work: I realized a few weeks back my headphones stopped working. Realtek HD audio manager does not display a headphone device. They originally worked. After digging around all this time, I think the headphones originally worked because the Win 10 driver was originally in use, and I...
  8. No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone

No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone: The other day I started up my computer and I had no audio through my headphones, so I restarted it and still had no audio. Realtek audio manager sometimes forgets to open up so I checked for that and couldn't get it turned on. After restarting a few times I checked out my...
  9. Realtek Audio Driver Not working with my headphones.

Realtek Audio Driver Not working with my headphones.: So my laptop is the Acer nitro 5 and it came with Realtek audio on it. Currently right now I am unable to get my headphone drivers working on my computer. I went to the Acer website and went to my specific make and model and redownloaded the drivers and it is still not...
  10. Audio not working with Realtek Drivers

Audio not working with Realtek Drivers: About a week ago, I discovered that the audio on my PC wasn't working. My speakers have a volume knob and I keep them turned off 90% of the time so I don't know how long this has actually been a problem, but I actually discovered it last week when I tried to turn my speakers...