Windows 10: Windows 10 updated, but computer crashes each time I try to open the camera app

Discus and support Windows 10 updated, but computer crashes each time I try to open the camera app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated Windows 10 with version 21H1, but it didn't help. My computer crashes each time I open up the camera app and the blue screen : appears with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AMillerGP, Aug 8, 2021.

1. AMillerGP Win User

Windows 10 updated, but computer crashes each time I try to open the camera app

I updated Windows 10 with version 21H1, but it didn't help. My computer crashes each time I open up the camera app and the blue screen : appears with SPUVCbv.x64sys. I tried to reset the app, but that didn't help. I haven't been able to use my camera in a while. Help!I tried calling technical support after looking for solutions via help.microsoft.com and they no longer provide live tech support assistance. WHY NOT?????

:)

AMillerGP, Aug 8, 2021

2. Windows 10 Camera App Not Opening, no error message

Hi Cameron,

I would suggest you to follow the methods below
    and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the app troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the following link and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon
      “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.
    Method 3: Also I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check id it helps.

Fix Windows Camera app problems with PC cameras

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

You may refer to the below link and check I it helps.

Windows camera, microphone, and privacy

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with camera app. Your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 8, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2021
  4. Windows 10 updated, but computer crashes each time I try to open the camera app

Camera App Crashes at Start Up

Hello,

This issue may occur due to corruption in system file while upgrading

Please provide us more information to help you further:

• Does the issue persist with a particular app?

• Do you receive any error message when the app crashes?

• Were there any changes (hardware or software) made to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View All on the top left corner.

• Click on Windows Store app.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

• Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

I also suggest you to refer to the MSDN link below and check if it helps:

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 updated, but computer crashes each time I try to open the camera app

1. Windows 10 updated, but computer crashes each time I try to open the camera app - Similar Threads - updated computer crashes

2. Tried opening the Camera app, computer completely crashed, had to manually restart to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried opening the Camera app, computer completely crashed, had to manually restart to get...: Basically the title.I've had this camera app problem for a while actually, any time I open the app my computer just kinda goes haywire and both my monitors go black. To fix this problem I just have to hold down the power button to restart and everything goes back to normal,...
  3. Tried opening the Camera app, computer completely crashed, had to manually restart to get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tried opening the Camera app, computer completely crashed, had to manually restart to get...: Basically the title.I've had this camera app problem for a while actually, any time I open the app my computer just kinda goes haywire and both my monitors go black. To fix this problem I just have to hold down the power button to restart and everything goes back to normal,...
  4. Tried opening the Camera app, computer completely crashed, had to manually restart to get...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Defender Link each time I try to open Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Link each time I try to open Defender: Processor: Intel Core i7-10875H 8-Core 2.3-5.1GHz 16MB CacheGraphics Card: 8GB GDDR6 NVIDIA® GeForce RTX 2070 SuperDisplay: 15.6" Full HD 240Hz IPS-Type Anti-Glare 1920 x 1080SSD Storage: 2 TB Dual 1TB ADATA Swordfish PCIe NVMe SSD'sMemory: 64GB DDR4 RAM 2 Dimm Memory...
  6. Windows Defender Link each time I try to open Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Link each time I try to open Defender: Processor: Intel Core i7-10875H 8-Core 2.3-5.1GHz 16MB CacheGraphics Card: 8GB GDDR6 NVIDIA® GeForce RTX 2070 SuperDisplay: 15.6" Full HD 240Hz IPS-Type Anti-Glare 1920 x 1080SSD Storage: 2 TB Dual 1TB ADATA Swordfish PCIe NVMe SSD'sMemory: 64GB DDR4 RAM 2 Dimm Memory...
  7. Windows 10 crashes multiple times after each update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes multiple times after each update: This time crashed only 3 times, bluescreen that collects data and reports it to MS. Each time I lose data, always pinned tabs in Edge, this time it lost all my Bluetooth connections, and several of them are extremely difficult to reconnect. I will discover other data lost. Is...
  8. Each time I try to download.

Each time I try to download.: No matter where I try to download something, it says "couldn't download virus scan failed. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/each-time-i-try-to-download/d11c5a89-f658-46e5-ab73-1c8127ed04e5
  9. computer is restarting each time I try to use my camera

computer is restarting each time I try to use my camera: Error code I receive each time i try to use my camera. I just had an update done, and that is when my issues begin. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-restarting-each-time-i-try-to-use-my/1971078a-beae-401f-a025-d752e6e03ab3
  10. Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.: I started to notice issues about 2 days ago when my Google Chrome stopped opening, attempted to reinstall, it worked fine, then upon restarting my PC, it wouldn't open again. Then one of my Steam Games "Witcher 3" was not opening, attempted to reinstall, works fine now. But...