Windows 10: windows 10 updated. I lost my background photo on desktop. How do I restore it??

Discus and support windows 10 updated. I lost my background photo on desktop. How do I restore it?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; WINDOWS 10 UPDATED. I LOST MY BACKGROUND PHOTO ON DESKTOP. ONLY MY ICONS ARE ALL THERE. HOW DO I RESTORE MY PREVIOUS BACKGROUND ?? THANK YOU.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Florence Gail, Sep 27, 2020.

1. windows 10 updated. I lost my background photo on desktop. How do I restore it??

WINDOWS 10 UPDATED. I LOST MY BACKGROUND PHOTO ON DESKTOP. ONLY MY ICONS ARE ALL THERE. HOW DO I RESTORE MY PREVIOUS BACKGROUND ?? THANK YOU.

:)

Florence Gail, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

The thing is I have no spyware; I've done scans with different pieces of software and they all confirm this. The active desktop bit that was removed by Search & Destroy is, I think, a pure Windows thing and I've seen it being listed in Search & Destroy scans on both this and other PCs before.

The thing is that this time I was trying to be clever and pressed "delete" whereas before I just ignored it. I've undone the Active Desktop removal in Search & Destroy and also followed your tips above but it makes no difference - still no desktop background. Any other ideas or do I just wait until the next reformat?

Misiowiec, Sep 27, 2020
  4. windows 10 updated. I lost my background photo on desktop. How do I restore it??

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 updated. I lost my background photo on desktop. How do I restore it??

1. windows 10 updated. I lost my background photo on desktop. How do I restore it?? - Similar Threads - updated lost background

2. I lost my task bar how do I restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my task bar how do I restore: I lost my task bar how do I restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-task-bar-how-do-i-restore/87613d02-cb53-4124-bd1f-07366a202558
  3. I lost my task bar how do I restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my task bar how do I restore: I lost my task bar how do I restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-task-bar-how-do-i-restore/87613d02-cb53-4124-bd1f-07366a202558
  4. How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?: I have moved Photos in the past to my desktop, but Photos doesn't seem to want to give me the option any more. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks....
  5. How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?: I have moved Photos in the past to my desktop, but Photos doesn't seem to want to give me the option any more. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks....
  6. How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. background photo on my desktop

background photo on my desktop: For months I have noticed this background photo on my desktop... its a picture of a sister of mine who has passed away about 3 months ago... I would definately like for this photo to be removed,,, would be very thankful for advice to remove it!...
  8. how do I restore my old desktop

how do I restore my old desktop: how do I restore my old desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-old-desktop/235d17e0-273e-4cc8-8e98-40e8f2cbe97d
  9. Desktop background lost

Desktop background lost: So here's an interesting one... I took a photo a while back and set it as my desktop background. It's a really good photo and I cherished it. However, I damaged and lost the only hard drive it was located on, but it's still set as my account's desktop background. I want to...
  10. how do i change my desktop background display

how do i change my desktop background display: how do I change my desktop background display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-desktop-background-display/6ecc30a6-5f6c-46df-bf78-9aa678c63093