Windows 10: Windows 10 updated, Im connected to the internet but I get "this site can't be reached" in...

Discus and support Windows 10 updated, Im connected to the internet but I get "this site can't be reached" in... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So Windows 10 updated last night. When I logged onto my computer I have internet connection as I can connect and play online games and other stuff but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BryanHennes, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 updated, Im connected to the internet but I get "this site can't be reached" in...

So Windows 10 updated last night. When I logged onto my computer I have internet connection as I can connect and play online games and other stuff but if I open any web browser (internet explorer, chrome, edge, etc) and try to navigate to a site, I get the "this site cant be reached" error. When I restart my computer and log on, I can initially go to web sites but after 2-3 minutes of restarting my computer the web sites stop working and I get the "this site can't be reached" error. I have ran the network trouble shooting tool and there are no issues. I have turned off the firewalls and virus protection and rebooted. This did not fix the issue. I have tried clearing the cache and history of the browsers. No bueno. I have reset the web browsers, restarted the DNS client, flushed the DNS client, reset the network adapter, updated the network adapter, reinstalled the network adapter, reset the TCP/IP and all the other methods I have come across on the internet. When I went to do a system restore to go back to the settings prior to the update, I do not have any saved restore points, so that option is out. I am at my wits end. Is there anything else I can do besides reinstall windows?

:)

BryanHennes, Sep 13, 2018
  2. nasosmn Win User

cant connect to internet for updates while im connected!

im facing too many problems with win 10.
    1) cant connect to internet for updates while im connected. I tried everything but stills. I have access to wifi interent from chrome or other programmes but not for windows features like cortana, updates or edge. I uninstall eset, i turned of the firewall but the problem stills. I tried also windows live help but it keeps telling me that im not connected!!! (after several tries i found that the microsoft edge can work everytime im disconnected and connect again in my wifi as new- private network. but i have to do this manually cause everytime i restart pc the connection goes from private to guest network!! strange. but no luck with windows updates . )
    2) i was trying to add a printer and i had the message that the printer spooler dont work! i tried 3 different ways but nothing. it cant start.
    3) then i thought the best thing to do is to make a reset of windows and reinstall. I cant do this also!! its says that there is a problem due to wdf_violation!!
    any suggestions? solution? buying a mac maybe?

nasosmn, Sep 13, 2018
  3. No Internet Connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the exact model of the laptop?
    • Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Have you installed any third party security software?
    I would like to suggest try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable and check if you are able to receive Internet connectivity. If you are still unable to connect to the internet proceed to the next step.

Method 2: Refer to the article Fix network connection issues provided in the link below for more troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 updated, Im connected to the internet but I get "this site can't be reached" in...

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 updated, Im connected to the internet but I get "this site can't be reached" in...

1. Windows 10 updated, Im connected to the internet but I get "this site can't be reached" in... - Similar Threads - updated connected internet

2. "This site can't be reached" problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This site can't be reached" problem: I am at witts end. I am using chrome but I am having the same problem in MS Edge. When I try to go to a site via bookmark, seach engine result or links, 95% of the time I get "This site can't be reached". Edge gives me "Hmmm I can't reach that page". Sometimes I get this...
  3. Can't reach to this site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't reach to this site: Hİ, I could not get an answer from the Google community. Would you help me to understand that why I can't reach the UK version anymore? I tried resetting my browser and also tried on another browser....
  4. MS Site Can't Be Reached

in Browsers and Email
    MS Site Can't Be Reached: Hello, Started this morning (like everyday) first to download Defender updated Definitions, after several seconds got an answer "site could not be reached". Tried to download "MS Malware removal tool" (just for a test) got the same answer. Tried to download some update (any)...
  5. MS Site Can't Be Reached

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Site Can't Be Reached: Hello, Started this morning (like everyday) first to download Defender updated Definitions, after several seconds got an answer "site could not be reached". Tried to download "MS Malware removal tool" (just for a test) got the same answer. Tried to download some update (any)...
  6. This site can't be reached.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This site can't be reached.: Please help me with This site can't be reached. Will open YouTube and Google but not Wells Fargo. for example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-site-cant-be-reached/3fd712af-fcee-4ea9-8dce-e13e9c2d5f26
  7. This site can't be reached

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This site can't be reached: Why is Win 10 Eating My Internet Traffic?? Multiple browsers Edge, Firefox, Chrome have tried and all fail to connect to a specific site I'm on a Home network behind a Verizon FIOS Quantum router. The router has an ICMP echo ping applet that shows that the site is alive and...
  8. "This site can't be reached"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "This site can't be reached": Hi, I am having issues launching other websites and it keeps displaying "this site can't be reached". Do you have any idea what is happening? And how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your response....
  9. Can't reach a site

in Browsers and Email
    Can't reach a site: Whole week can't reach site Vip mobile | Privatni from any browser from "normal" latest 1903 with any browser. What could it be ? From Fast insider no problem. Any ideas ? 139846
  10. Can't reach sites after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reach sites after Windows 10 update: I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903. Subsequent to that, I was unable to reach any websites other than Google-related sites through any browser. I posted a question and received instructions to install the latest security stack. I did that and all was well....