Windows 10: Windows 10 updated this morning now getting C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll contains an...

Discus and support Windows 10 updated this morning now getting C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll contains an... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a windows 10 self update I can no longer use my computer correctly, I'm getting errors from two DLLs: Bad image C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonathanWilkins1, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 updated this morning now getting C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll contains an...

After a windows 10 self update I can no longer use my computer correctly, I'm getting errors from two DLLs:

Bad image C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media.. Error status 0xc000012f

Bad image C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msi.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media.. Error status 0xc000012f

I've checked the WindowsUpdate.log it updated:

MicrosoftStickyNotes

Microsoft.XboxApp

MICROSOFT.SKYPEAPP

Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602

I've tried to run sfc /scannow but getting logs of errors saying:

Cannot repair member file ... in the store, hash mismatch

:)

JonathanWilkins1, Jul 26, 2019

2. C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\NSVCP140.dll contains error

So I was using an application and it worked fine, then out of the blue I get multiple errors when I open it up. It says

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\NSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f

And when I close that error it says

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status
    0xc000012f

And when I close that another error says

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status
    0xc000012f

which is the same as the last one, but the error stop there.

I Tried reinstalling both applications and nothing seems to work.

NeatPieceOfToast, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Tintai Win User
    msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll in C:\

Hello back TPU!

Yesterday I saw two files(msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll) in my C:\ disk folder. What does this mean? I know this two files should be in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 or somewhere in C:\Windows but not in main disk folder. I deleted this files but files appeared again today. Is this a virus or maybe an application? How can I check this?

Tintai

Tintai, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 updated this morning now getting C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll contains an...

msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll in C:\

they are microsoft visual studio files, leave em alone.

eidairaman1, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 updated this morning now getting C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll contains an...

1. Windows 10 updated this morning now getting C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll contains an... - Similar Threads - updated morning getting

2. Updated Windows 10 to 21H2 this morning and now system getting BSOD throughout the day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated Windows 10 to 21H2 this morning and now system getting BSOD throughout the day: I started an update Win 10 to 21H2 last night but forgot it was downloading and closed lid on laptop which put system to sleep. This morning it was at 20% installing and fiished install. Now my system has been getting rendom BSOD throughout the day.The system stayed up long...
  3. Updated Windows 10 to 21H2 this morning and now system getting BSOD throughout the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated Windows 10 to 21H2 this morning and now system getting BSOD throughout the day: I started an update Win 10 to 21H2 last night but forgot it was downloading and closed lid on laptop which put system to sleep. This morning it was at 20% installing and fiished install. Now my system has been getting rendom BSOD throughout the day.The system stayed up long...
  4. Updated Windows 10 to 21H2 this morning and now system getting BSOD throughout the day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder icons. Are there other dll's than c:\windows\system\shell32.dll containing folder icons?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder icons. Are there other dll's than c:\windows\system\shell32.dll containing folder icons?: Are there other dll's than c:\windows\system\shell32.dll containing folder icons?I used another another one several years ago but have forgotten the name :-...
  6. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an...: after the new windows update of yesterday I keep getting a window that says: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error...." when I run GOG galaxy that was working the day before! I tried to install the program again,...
  7. DLL Files containing icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DLL Files containing icons: I'm rebuilding my Win10 desktop after recovering from a failure to boot. I've used GOOGLE to obtain a list of DLL files that hold icons. They're located in the "system32" folder, along with HUNDREDS of other DLL files that DON'T hold icons, and whose names make no sense...
  8. Windows 10 - DLL fles that contain iIcons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - DLL fles that contain iIcons: I have a list of files (in system32) that are supposed to contan icons. M$, in its infinite wisdom, chose to place these files in the "system 32" folder, in alpha order with HUNDREDS of other DLL files. I chose to exercise a little common sense, and created a separate folder...
  9. C:/Windows/System32/msxml6.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C:/Windows/System32/msxml6.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an...: So i turn my pc on one day and for some reason i cant connect to the internet and when i try to troubleshoot it the following message apears: msdt.exe - Bad Image C:/Windows/System32/msxml6.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try...
  10. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an...: When I try to start some programs It shows this error [ATTACH] I have DirectX 12, Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 x64, and Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Getting error C:\windows\system32\vcruntime140.dll