Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates 1903 & 1909 Broke my Computer again!

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates 1903 & 1909 Broke my Computer again! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My main computer that I use for my business, designing 3D models, has been acting up due to updates since last year, now as of April 1st 2020, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobbyB73, Apr 6, 2020.

1. BobbyB73 Win User

Windows 10 Updates 1903 & 1909 Broke my Computer again!

My main computer that I use for my business, designing 3D models, has been acting up due to updates since last year, now as of April 1st 2020, I have spent several days trying to fix issues updates have been causing with no luck.

At this point my computer is completely useless, and I have a $2,500 piece of equipment for my business that now is worthless!

I have called Microsoft several times over the past year, and it's a **** shoot getting somebody that will actually help you, and then when they do, it's almost impossible to get back a hold of them, so to let them know that their suppose able fix did nothing to fix my situation.

I have two main issues, since last year my computer will freeze during startup when the window comes up, I'm forced to restart the computer then it will start up and make it to the desktop but it is slow about doing it. This didn't happen every time but as the year went on it got more regular.

NOTE: before the updates last year and now this year, my computer was booting up in 35 seconds on the dot, with my new SSD drive, immediately after one of the updates last year, was the first time I seen the freezing during boot, and then it started taking at least a minute to start up and then another minute or so before I could use my desktop.

With the introduction of the 1909 updates finally found their way to my computer things have been getting somewhat worse, with my computer getting slow about being online, or doing my work on my 3D CAD software, recently it started doing the freezing thing again during startup, but this time once it finally made it to my desktop my computer is pretty much useless. I tried rolling back my computer that didn't work, I tried manually uninstalling the updates, that didn't work.

I've now been forced to completely redo my computer using the windows media creation tool, I've had to do this 6 times so far because of me being forced to have to test what these updates are doing to my computer because Microsoft doesn't care to do that anymore at least not without using virtual machines, or a very small amount of staff that's nowhere near enough to test their updates before cramming them down our throats.

I've used the Windows media tool from two different computers just to isolate and make sure that something wasn't being loaded from my computer that was causing the issue.

I took out my SSD hard drive that I had put in my computer in 2018, and used another hard drive to reinstalled the windows and the issues still persist.

I took out my Nvidia Quadro PCIe card rebooted the computer just using the on-board video, the problem still persists.

I then removed the upgraded ram that I put in my computer in 2018, and put the old Ram that I originally took out, back into the computer, and yet the issue still persists.

I have spent my whole weekend working on this computer instead of spending time with family for my birthday, because I have a job that I had to start on Tuesday and without being able to access and use my software, on this computer, I may potentially lose several thousand dollars in revenue.

I'm once again calling Microsoft today; Monday, and pray that I get somebody that knows what they're talking about I can fix this issue or fix what update is causing it this to happen.

My computer SPECS:

Im running Windows 10 Pro

Asus Motherboard, M5A78L-M/USB3

AMD FX , 4130 Quad-Core 3800mhz Processor

Barracuda SSD 1tb hard drive,

16 gigs Kingston Extreme Ram,

Nvidia Quadro 4000 4gig PCIe video card.

As much as I hate to have to spend the money, and have to buy new software, MacBook Pro or whatever I would need in the macworld to do what I need to do, is starting to look good to me, of course they have issues too, but maybe nowhere near as bad as Microsoft.

Update: I did also try the thing where you restart your computer three times and try to use different advanced tools to fix startup issues as well as delete any updates, that didn't work either, it also wouldn't let me delete any updates, it told me several times he couldn't fix my computer, and then it got into some crazy circle of death, where it would restart, then say it's going into repair mode then say it couldn't repair then it would repeat and never would go to my desktop so then I had to manually erase that hard drive and start over.

Currently on my new build that is back on my original hard drive I've already had it freeze one time on the desktop and had to be forced to restart, with the system fully updated with no other apps or software added yet.

Help will be appreciated. Thanks Bobby

:)

BobbyB73, Apr 6, 2020
  2. RexOman Win User

Windows Update History shows both Feature Updates 1903 and 1909 installed

After I installed the Windows 10 Feature Update from 1903 to 1909 my Windows Update History shows

Feature Updates (2)

Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1909 (2)

Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903

Looking in the About page it lists Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720

In the past when I've installed a Feature Update it only shows the new update. In other words in this case it would only show 1909. Since it shows 1903 also is my computer really upgraded to 1909? Also the (2) after the 1909 is something I don't understand.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Rex

RexOman, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 updates 1903 and 1909

Windows 10 updates 1903 and 1909 fail every time I try to update my computer. I keep getting the 0x8007000d code. I have tried to update 1903 for months and 1909 for over a week. This is very frustrating! I have gone through trouble shooting but it doesn't
    help.

ALICEANNCAMPBELL, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Stevenvv# Win User

Windows 10 1903 1909 repeated failure to update

Well would't you know it. I did everything, every step, all the suggestions, months of failed downloads and was going to wipe everything tomorrow and start again, but remembered I hadn't tried your suggestion of updating to 1809 before 1903/09, and blow
    me down, but it's updated to 1809 with ease!

I have yet to dare to try and get it to update to 1909 but it's the 1st progress in months, so thanks.

Stevenvv#, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Updates 1903 & 1909 Broke my Computer again! - Similar Threads - Updates 1903 1909

2. Windows updates broke my computer, again. KB4598242

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates broke my computer, again. KB4598242: I had this same issue last year that disabled 3 of my computers. As soon as the windows update occurred, they got stuck in a perpetual broken loop. Make a long story short, I had to disable the windows update and remove the update to get the computers to work again. I was...
  3. Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc: After getting on my PC this morning after an update last night, I noticed my audio was no longer working. Weirdly enough I cannot fix it even after forcing windows audio services to restart multiple times. All my drivers are working correctly. I also cannot open my documents...
  4. Updating Windows 10 to 1903 and 1909

Updating Windows 10 to 1903 and 1909: I've just restored a maschine - let's call it A - by inserting a new HD because the old one crashed ! I now want to make A as close to another one I have - let's call it B - and the restore B from scratch. I've updated BOTH as much as I could the last days ! Now I...
  5. Version 1903 Broke My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Version 1903 Broke My Computer: So I am one of those guys who would prefer NOT to be forced to download Windows updates, and I have good reason: I use my computer all the time, and keep stuff up on it all the time, so being force-fed updates and rebooted every two days only results in me losing all of my...
  6. Windows 10 updates 1903 and 1909

Windows 10 updates 1903 and 1909: Windows 10 updates 1903 and 1909 fail every time I try to update my computer. I keep getting the 0x8007000d code. I have tried to update 1903 for months and 1909 for over a week. This is very frustrating! I have gone through trouble shooting but it doesn't help....
  7. Windows 10 version 1909 broke my guest access again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 version 1909 broke my guest access again: H ello, I have a server with shares that use guest access. In March 2018 the shares could not be accessed when Windows 10 updated to 1709. Prior to this everything was great. After 2 days of research I eventually found a solution. Within the latest “Windows 10 Fall...
  8. Windows Update Broke My Computer AGAIN

Windows Update Broke My Computer AGAIN: I'm so angry! EVERY time there is a Windows update, it breaks my computer and I have to spend hours to days fixing it. It just happened again! I lose tons of money every time this happens. Rage, rage, rage! There is absolutely no recourse or accountability. And these...
  9. Update 1903 broke my computer

Update 1903 broke my computer: Got forced into this horrid update last night when I shut my desktop off. Came home from work today with the expectation of being able to relax and unwind only to find that i can't. My computer won't boot up. First, it took forever, which I expected after an update. After...
  10. windows update 1903 broke my photoshop

windows update 1903 broke my photoshop: hey I did update my windows 10, three days ago and since then, my photoshop doesn't work properly. I mean it stop in meddle of my project without saving or any back up. I did a lot of things like delete the last update, then the laptop update itself again, I add the ram...