Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates and Automatic Restarts

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates and Automatic Restarts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Quick Summary: Windows 10 updates and restarts automatically without warning or notification. Any running operation or unsaved work gets lost. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ciresllim, Jun 24, 2020.

1. ciresllim Win User

Windows 10 Updates and Automatic Restarts

Quick Summary:

Windows 10 updates and restarts automatically without warning or notification. Any running operation or unsaved work gets lost. Can this be modified/disabled?

Details:

1 I recognize the importance of updates due to security and other reasons. Updates are not the problem - it's they way they are administered.

2 Surely there is a way to get consistent warnings so as not to lose work. There seems to be numerous threads/complaints on this subject. Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Examples:

-Data on something as simple as on open but unsaved Word document gets lost

-A running operation that could be anything - FEA, video export, remote session, etc. gets interrupted

Plea for help:

Is there a way to simply get a notification before this happens, or does Microsoft just take over your computer? It is critical that the notification gives you an option to delay the update until it's safe to do so - even if that is days later.

:)

ciresllim, Jun 24, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 24, 2020
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jun 24, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows 10 Updates and Automatic Restarts :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Updates and Automatic Restarts - Similar Threads - Updates Automatic Restarts

2. Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart: Firstly, why Microsoft do you lock threads when they're not addressed/resolved and I have to start another one with the practically the same title and issue?Now to the point. How does one stop a PC from restarting without permission.... permanently. I note that group policy...
  3. Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart: Firstly, why Microsoft do you lock threads when they're not addressed/resolved and I have to start another one with the practically the same title and issue?Now to the point. How does one stop a PC from restarting without permission.... permanently. I note that group policy...
  4. Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Restart Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Restart Automatically: My windows 10 love to restart by itself at certain time, at 10:00 PM - 06:00 AM, i dont know why this always happening to my windows 10, my specs is low, but i think the problem is not from my computer, but its from the windows 10 itself, like i always try to reinstall my...
  6. Windows 10 Restart Automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Restart Automatically: My windows 10 love to restart by itself at certain time, at 10:00 PM - 06:00 AM, i dont know why this always happening to my windows 10, my specs is low, but i think the problem is not from my computer, but its from the windows 10 itself, like i always try to reinstall my...
  7. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  8. Disable Automatic Restart on Update in Windows 10

Disable Automatic Restart on Update in Windows 10: Dear Microsoft Community, I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004. It has been multiple times since the previous-previous releases that Windows 10 automatically restart my PC for automatic updates. This makes me lost my unsaved work in which I have spent a lot of hours. I...
  9. Automatically update on restart(Windows 10)

Automatically update on restart(Windows 10): Heya! Sorry for my really bad english for the first. For the second: Sometimes Windows crashes, because of the nVidia driver I think. When it's happen, I reset the computer, and Windows instead of boot up, it's updating itself sometimes. Can I turn off that annoying...
  10. Windows Update Automatic Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Automatic Restart: Hello, I just wanted to say here on the forums that making the Windows update restart my computer automatically, no matter what, is ridiculous. The last time the update had restarted my computer while I was using it, I went and put the settings to the option of "choose when...