Windows 10: Windows 10 updates are in a forever loop, how to fix?

Discus and support Windows 10 updates are in a forever loop, how to fix? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there,I have been "updating" windows for a while now, but it never seems to actually work. Essentially what happens is it tells me that it needs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AaronTripodi, May 11, 2021.

1. Windows 10 updates are in a forever loop, how to fix?

Hi there,I have been "updating" windows for a while now, but it never seems to actually work. Essentially what happens is it tells me that it needs to update with a restart, there's that little update symbol with the yellow dot in the bottom right of the start bar so I update it, and it seems fine for maybe a few hours. However, every single time I do this, it just fails and loops back to needing updates again. I have no idea how to fix this. I have run the update troubleshooter, which says "can't detect any problems". I thought maybe it was because there was something wrong with my drive. I

:)

AaronTripodi, May 11, 2021
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Window 10 update loop and I can't get it fixed.

Hi Archie,

To better assist you, follow the steps on how to Fix Endless Reboot Loop after Windows 10 Update:

• Open Settings.
    • Update & security.
    • Windows Update, and select "Check for updates".

Be informed that, an additional update will be downloaded and installed to your Windows 10 computer to fix endless reboot loop.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Julie Ram, May 11, 2021
  3. Hung.Ngo Win User
    Windows 10 kept updating and undo updating loop forever.

Hi all,

My Windows 10 kept updating and undo updating loop forever, process very very long time, how to stop that?

Thank You for details solutions.

Hung.Ngo, May 11, 2021
  4. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 updates are in a forever loop, how to fix?

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 updates are in a forever loop, how to fix?

1. Windows 10 updates are in a forever loop, how to fix? - Similar Threads - updates are forever

2. how to stop windows updates forever?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to stop windows updates forever?: I am annoyed by windows trying to update every so often when I do not want a update. I am sticking with windows 10. Add an option to remove updates please....
  3. how to stop windows updates forever?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop windows updates forever?: I am annoyed by windows trying to update every so often when I do not want a update. I am sticking with windows 10. Add an option to remove updates please....
  4. how to stop windows updates forever?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10 stuck in forever loop after failed update

Win10 stuck in forever loop after failed update: Hi,I have my friend's windows 10 laptop here that he powered off during an update.All the standard options available system restore... have failed. The drives are bitlocker encrypted, so I can't even make backups and install Win10 fresh.I have tried to follow this guide using...
  6. Win10 stuck in forever loop after failed update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 stuck in forever loop after failed update: Hi,I have my friend's windows 10 laptop here that he powered off during an update.All the standard options available system restore... have failed. The drives are bitlocker encrypted, so I can't even make backups and install Win10 fresh.I have tried to follow this guide using...
  7. Win10 stuck in forever loop after failed update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to disable windows update forever?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable windows update forever?: Hi im trying to disable windows update forever, i Have disabled Windows update service but every i restart my laptop it is turned on, I want to disable windows update because it is restarting my pc without alert....
  9. How to fix Windows staying at Restarting screen forever?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix Windows staying at Restarting screen forever?: Hi, for the past three months whenever I choose restart, blue screen with Restarting with spinng white dots appear forever. I have to force shut down the PC. Same thing whenever I choose to shut down. I think it happened after I installed and uninstalled some free demos from...
  10. How do I fix my windows updating forever

How do I fix my windows updating forever: I flip down my windows 10 laptop to eat dinner, and when I open it again it shows just a blue screen with the loading gif and “Configuring update for Windows 10 0% complete Do not turn off your computer” I literally do not have it connected to wifi; its just stuck like this....