Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates are ruining my days

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates are ruining my days in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2nd forced update in less than 2 weeks - and the only updates I observe are the missing passwords from my supposed to have been save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChuckHicks2, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Updates are ruining my days

2nd forced update in less than 2 weeks - and the only updates I observe are the missing passwords from my supposed to have been save passwords.....seems like a slick way of getting my passwords. And a prompt I have never seen before the update 2 weeks ago which forced me to accept terms like - it's okay for microsoft to read, modify and do with as they will your emails - and I couldn't access my emails until I accepted the terms. NONE OF THAT SHOULD BE ALLOWED!

How do I stop the updates? I mean, I still have and occasionally use a 2nd generation Ipad with 0 issues. I don't want go back and forth with tech - just tell me how to make this MY computer again!

:)

ChuckHicks2, Oct 29, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Updates are ruining my days

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Updates are ruining my days

1. Windows 10 Updates are ruining my days - Similar Threads - Updates are ruining

2. Windows updates ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates ruined my PC: Hello all,A few days ago my PC was installing updates. My PC tried restarting, turned itself off again, and restarted yet again, but this time I seem to receive no output power, my mouse, keyboard and monitor no longer work, has anyone experienced anything similar to this?,...
  3. Windows update ruined my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update ruined my taskbar: I recently got an update to my pc I already downloaded windows 11 and it was fine, this is an update after, and when I turned it on, it took ages to prepare windows, and almost all my files were gone luckily I had onedrive!. There is also nothing appearing on the task bar...
  4. Windows ruined my day

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows ruined my day: I noticed that the new feature news and interests added to Taskbar 5 days ago.. and I set my preferences and it's good. Today I was so busy and I noticed that The feature is disappeared..! Why? IDKGoogled it 1,000,000 time and a lot of people with same problem!I'm so busy...
  5. Windows 10 Update Ruined My Sound >:(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update Ruined My Sound >:(: I updated Windows 10 this morning and when I used my computer for the first time after that this evening, the sound wasn't working. If I just use the computer's speakers, absolutely no sound comes out whatsoever. If I use my earphones, there's a loud pop in the earphones for...
  6. Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop: Everytime my laptop does an update, I cant get back in. It gets stuck in a loop, and then will no longer take my password. Everytime it takes me hours of constantly restarting the laptop, and I am so fed up. Why does this keep happening and how do I fix it?...
  7. Windows 10 update ruined my life -

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update ruined my life -: After recent Windows 10 update I cannot restore my monitor (Dell U2711) native resolution 2560x1140 that I enjoyed for the last 4 or 5 years. Why it happened? What Microsoft did with my computer? I have the same setup that stopped to support native resolution. The video...
  8. Windows 10 update ruined my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update ruined my pc: One night I was playing games and shut my computer down after, it said it had to update so I let it do its thing. I opened my computer and continued to log in, I notice instantly it was taking at least 15x the time it normally did. Then when I finally get logged in everything...
  9. Windows Updated ruins the day again

Windows Updated ruins the day again: Nearly every Windows Update i have to manually delete and reinstall all my drivers to properly use my PC again. Why cant i choose to ignore Updates or just get seciurity updates since i will delete everything else or simply wont use it if i cant delete it. I simply dont want...
  10. Windows 10 update ruined my pc.

Windows 10 update ruined my pc.: The windows 10 update caused my computer to go into a restart loop until I went into cmd and did a backup. now the taskbar doesn’t work and my pc does not recognize my keyboard and ethernet ports. they both function perfectly with my laptop but dont work with my pc....