Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates are Uninstalling software my my machine e.g. VSCode/ Uipath etc

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates are Uninstalling software my my machine e.g. VSCode/ Uipath etc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have seen this multiple times. I select Update and Restart and then some software of my machine disappear. This was first observed with UiPath and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeepakKapri, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Updates are Uninstalling software my my machine e.g. VSCode/ Uipath etc

I have seen this multiple times. I select Update and Restart and then some software of my machine disappear.

This was first observed with UiPath and now this is plagued VSCode as well.

I want to get all the updates on my machine and do not want to compromise with my additional software on my machine.

First of all,

MS should give the option to users/admins to delete any software

Why such a thing is implemented by MS at first place? This is painful for me to setup things again and again.

Hope to get some quick workaround on this.

:)

DeepakKapri, Jun 22, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10 Updates are Uninstalling software my my machine e.g. VSCode/ Uipath etc capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jun 22, 2020
  3. e-machines

Highly suggest them and Dell if you must go pre-built. Dell for the warranty, E-machines for part compatibilities.

JrRacinFan, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Updates are Uninstalling software my my machine e.g. VSCode/ Uipath etc

Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Updates are Uninstalling software my my machine e.g. VSCode/ Uipath etc

1. Windows 10 Updates are Uninstalling software my my machine e.g. VSCode/ Uipath etc - Similar Threads - Updates are Uninstalling

2. Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10: I am trying to install epic games launcher on my win 10 PC but it is not letting me do it. It gives a an pop up which says "Invalid drive E". That E drive was my old drive which got corrupted. I had epic games launcher installed on that drive. May be some residue file is...
  3. Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10: I am trying to install epic games launcher on my win 10 PC but it is not letting me do it. It gives a an pop up which says "Invalid drive E". That E drive was my old drive which got corrupted. I had epic games launcher installed on that drive. May be some residue file is...
  4. Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Will these updates uninstall Adobe Software from my Windows 10 Computer System?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will these updates uninstall Adobe Software from my Windows 10 Computer System?: 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022282Feature Update to Windows 10 22H2I have read that the first one uninstalls some Adobe software.They have provided me with some backups on their website, but I am concerned about software...
  6. Will these updates uninstall Adobe Software from my Windows 10 Computer System?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will these updates uninstall Adobe Software from my Windows 10 Computer System?: 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022282Feature Update to Windows 10 22H2I have read that the first one uninstalls some Adobe software.They have provided me with some backups on their website, but I am concerned about software...
  7. Will these updates uninstall Adobe Software from my Windows 10 Computer System?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to update windows etc on a headless machine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to update windows etc on a headless machine.: Hi I am wanting to run a headless media server with windows 10 as that is what I am comfortable with. I have a few questions about "maintaining" a windows server without keyboard/mouse/monitor (after initial setup): I want to be able to connect to my machine and control it...
  9. uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc: I am endeavouring to uninstall unwanted programmes etc from my laptop. I follow the instructions on PROGRAMS AND FEATURES - UNINSTALL OR CHANGE A PROGRAMME. All goes well I hit the uninstall button when up pops a message saying ' Please wait until the current program has...
  10. E-MACHINE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    E-MACHINE: I am getting a blue screen with error message CODE 0xc0000017 there isn't enough memory to create ram disk device, there are no icons, programs, start menu, safe mode PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...