Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates breaks "JASC Paint Shop Pro 8" and requires CD to reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 Updates breaks "JASC Paint Shop Pro 8" and requires CD to reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using the JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 for many years as an alternative to PhotoShop. It does most everything I need for photo and graphic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gf1, Apr 4, 2019.

1. GF1
    gf1 Win User

Windows 10 Updates breaks "JASC Paint Shop Pro 8" and requires CD to reinstall

I have been using the JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 for many years as an alternative to PhotoShop. It does most everything I need for photo and graphic editing so there is no reason to stop using it.

For the past couple of years, when every I install a major Windows 10 update like 1809 which I just installed yesterday, the Paint Shop Pro product gets disabled and then the first time I try to use it after the upgrade, I have to re-insert the original install CD to basically reactivate the Paint Shop Pro application.

Why does Windows break my application when it upgrades and why won't it just leave all the apps on my computer alone?

:)

2. JohnKole Win User

JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 with Windows 10

Original title: Windows 10 does not find a program that is on my computer

Just added windows 10. When I click on a photo icon and right click to open it with JASC Paint Shop Pro 8, windows installer comes up and wants to configure the program. It then tells me that it is on a cd-rom or other removable disk. Insert the installer
    disk and click OK. I do not have it with me and click cancel. Then the program (JASC Paint Shop Pro 8) opens. I do not want to go through this every time I want to work on a picture. How do I fix it? John

JohnKole, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Is Jasc Paint Shop Pro Version 7 compatible with Windows 10?

I see that "Paint Shop Pro Anniversary Version 7" is listed as compatible with Windows 10. But it does not specify Jasc, and I don't know if my version is "Anniversary". Can anyone confirm that the Jasc Paint Shop Pro version 7 is compatible
    too?

seattleannie, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Updates breaks "JASC Paint Shop Pro 8" and requires CD to reinstall

Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 Compatibility with Windows 10

Oh, sorry, I forgot. I'm talking about JASC Paint Shop Pro 8.

Paul Fisch, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Updates breaks "JASC Paint Shop Pro 8" and requires CD to reinstall

1. Windows 10 Updates breaks "JASC Paint Shop Pro 8" and requires CD to reinstall - Similar Threads - Updates breaks JASC

2. Is Jasc Paint Shop Pro version 7 compatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Jasc Paint Shop Pro version 7 compatible with Windows 11?: I have Jasc Paint Shop Pro Version 7 insta;led in my Windows 10 and it works, but I would like to use Windows 11 and I am worried it wont work. Does anyone know if the two are compatible??...
  3. Is Jasc Paint Shop Pro version 7 compatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Jasc Paint Shop Pro version 7 compatible with Windows 11?: I have Jasc Paint Shop Pro Version 7 insta;led in my Windows 10 and it works, but I would like to use Windows 11 and I am worried it wont work. Does anyone know if the two are compatible??...
  4. Windows 10 and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9: I have just purchased a new desktop running Win10. Before updating to Win11, I want to load all the S/W from the old box.When I load my old Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 disc and clicked *autorun.exe*, I am told I am a limited user and need Admin Rights in order to proceed. My...
  5. Windows 10 and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9: I have just purchased a new desktop running Win10. Before updating to Win11, I want to load all the S/W from the old box.When I load my old Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 disc and clicked *autorun.exe*, I am told I am a limited user and need Admin Rights in order to proceed. My...
  6. Windows 10 and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 from CD on Windows 10. Sticks on module registration.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 from CD on Windows 10. Sticks on module registration.: Jasc PSP 8 is one of my all time favorite raster programs, with its ease of use and variety of fun plugins. That's why I've kept the CD even with the upgrades before Corel took it over. I am on a new HP with AMD Ryzen 5 3500 my first AMD, so there is no previous windows...
  8. paint shop pro ultimate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    paint shop pro ultimate: after the last update from microsoft, psp opens with a yellow screen. after haven several contact with corel, even had help from a distance, the final answer was.....its not the program , its due to the update from microsoft. please a solution...
  9. Paint shop pro 7 in Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paint shop pro 7 in Win 10: Hi i am trying to use PSP7 in win 10, it used to work fine but after an update ? not working. also i cannot use compatability mode as this is not working, I am getting error code 0x80070057....
  10. Paint shop pro windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Paint shop pro windows 10 upgrade: Hello every time I do an updated to windows 10 I seem to loose my Paint shop pro 9, I have to insert the disk to reinstall it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/paint-shop-pro-windows-10-upgrade/7c8731cf-04af-4e1f-a20e-4acc39939a33

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jasc paint shop pro 8 updates