Windows 10: windows 10 updates can't be paused in settings. is windows help out of date?

Discus and support windows 10 updates can't be paused in settings. is windows help out of date? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; the "Pause updates" button is missing in settings. can't pause win10 updates, as instructed in Windows Help. I lost five days worth of work when a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by j frit, Oct 26, 2019.

1. j frit Win User

windows 10 updates can't be paused in settings. is windows help out of date?

the "Pause updates" button is missing in settings. can't pause win10 updates, as instructed in Windows Help. I lost five days worth of work when a computer simulation that was running continuously was shut down during a windows update. I am using windows 10 home version 1803 on an hP laptop.

:)

j frit, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

windows 10 updates can't be paused in settings.  is windows help out of date? capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Oct 26, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 updates can't be paused in settings. is windows help out of date? - Similar Threads - updates can't paused

2. Out of date settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of date settings: I have a Yahoo account with out of date settings.When I try to fix this,I get Windows error 0x8019019a.There are 4 recommended actions to clear this.I have done 3 of them,There is no ellipse icon when I go into my version of the Microsoft store app,so cannot do that upgrade...
  3. Out of date settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of date settings: I have a Yahoo account with out of date settings.When I try to fix this,I get Windows error 0x8019019a.There are 4 recommended actions to clear this.I have done 3 of them,There is no ellipse icon when I go into my version of the Microsoft store app,so cannot do that upgrade...
  4. Out of date settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Updates Pause Dates

Windows Updates Pause Dates: I added these updates: KB4552931, KB4561600, KB4560960, AND KB890830. Prior to these updates, I could pause the updates for several months out. Now I am only able to pause the updates for 30 days. I would prefer to have the longer period for pausing updates and I have...
  6. Windows Account Settings Out of Date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Account Settings Out of Date: I have used Professional software to create a windows 2 go USB-3 drive , I have done this so when I leave work after shutting down my PC I can take my OS with me, as all my business information and critical addresses,employee information is on this drive. The system itself...
  7. Out of date settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of date settings?: I've been getting the following message often lately: "Your email account settings are out-of-date". It looks funny to me and I'm wondering if it is legit. I went toGoogle mail and it looked like it could be, but a computer-savvy friend had told me a couple years ago, not to...
  8. iCloud settings are out of date - Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    iCloud settings are out of date - Windows 10 mail: I really need some help please. I have a Windows 10 PC and I'm using the Mail programme to access my emails. I can access my btinternet.com emails but can't for my icloud.com ones. The icloud one always says: "Your icloud settings are out of date" I've signed into my...
  9. settings are out of date?

settings are out of date?: Dear All, Following a recent MS update, I am being bombarded with messages from Microsoft telling me that they 'need to fix my account’ – most likely because ‘my password has changed' it hasn’t or that my settings are ‘out of date' they aren’t. How can I get MS to stop...
  10. settings out of date

settings out of date: I have trouble with an annoying pop up that announces "your Yahoo account settings are out of date" . This on a month old HP computer with Windows Ten . I cannot find out how to repair it in layman's terms . Thank You ,...